Notices

Megan Turbo Muffler Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Megan Turbo Muffler Review

First let me start off by giving you background of my car. I drive a 99 SI stock b16 with sc61, sfp mani, 3 inch dp, on 5 lbs at the moment.

After going through the whole driving around open downpipe phase, I was in the market for a 3 inch turbo muffler. After looking around for a week online I was about to buy an Apexi N1 until I stumbled across some info on the Megan racing mufflers. The basically have the apexi "knockoff" and I think the hks knockoff. I finally decided to purchase the Megan Racing Dragger GT turbo muffler. At first I was worried that it would be to raspy and too loud due to the 3inch turbo back with no resonator. But I have to say this is one of the best sounding mufflers Ive ever heard on a honda. The tip is alittle big but the sound is just amazing, even better then my n/a setup with my Mugen TL. Throughout the power band it has a very deep low sound and at idle sounds like a stock srt 4. So I recommend this muffler to anyone in the market for a turbo muffler and doesnt want to spend the 150-200 for an apexi or hks, and also for anyone who is worried about exhaust noise being too loud or ricey. If anyone is interested heres a link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem