Notices

Megan racing gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Megan racing gauges?

im planning to get a boost and a/f gauge...i was wondering if anyone knew if the megan racing gauges are accurate? saw them on ebay for like $50 n looks pretty nice...or should i get some cheaper autometers instead?
Old 06-20-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Megan racing gauges? (gotzrycefoolio)

don't get an A/F gauge unless it's a wideband, because it's just a light show then and you won't need it for tuning
Old 06-20-2005, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Megan racing gauges? (adseguy)

They are pretty good. I have the same guages, but from another company. I think they are just some generic gauges if your talking about the black faced ones. I have the boost gauge which works well, but my oil pressure one has been acting up. I think it might be a wiring issue, but other than that they work and look great.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Megan racing gauges? (BodyKits NW)

I always buy Megan stuff. I love it. It's cheap and no issues yet. I think that company will start to make more of a name for itself in the future.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They need to change the name though. Its really WACK. i wouldnt buy anything from them, they seem to be another SSAC to me. Why not just go with the Auto Meter Boost Gauge there around 50$ also.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Re: (Sick00SiCoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sick00SiCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They need to change the name though. Its really WACK. i wouldnt buy anything from them, they seem to be another SSAC to me.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, great comment. I'm glad you based your opinion on nothing. Or was it the "wack" name that swayed you from buying their products
Old 06-20-2005, 07:27 PM

yea....thats y im tryin to decide whether to get the megan racing ones or autometer ones...but i really like the cobalts but they are bank...i dunno i heard a lot of good things about the megan racing ones...but i heard they are made from obx
Old 06-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gotzrycefoolio)

My buddy has them in his 240. Looks really cool, but kinda hard to see during the day.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tomek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tomek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My buddy has them in his 240. Looks really cool, but kinda hard to see during the day. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes day time they are hard to see but at night they are ****** pimp i love them. as for how they work i went to a shop to buy all my guages they had both sets sitting there autometers and megans the guy at the shop said go with the megans he claimed everyone who worked there uses them and that they all liked them better than autometers. but yes the name sucks kinda makes me think they want to be called mugen or something.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:54 AM

cool thanks guys i think ill probably go with the megan racing ones....nice night shot on the gauges!!!
Old 06-21-2005, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yah looks pretty nice. like the guy said dont buy the a/f gauge. someone should start a sticky thread so people dont buy narrowband a/f gauges cus its just a waste of money!
Old 06-21-2005, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sick00SiCoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sick00SiCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They need to change the name though. Its really WACK. i wouldnt buy anything from them, they seem to be another SSAC to me. Why not just go with the Auto Meter Boost Gauge there around 50$ also.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're an idiot... I have wholesale with megan racing and I use alot of their stuff, including their gauges. There gauges are great. What most people don't understand, the internals of gauges are the same unless you buy greddy or defi, etc. An autometer has the exact same internals as a $25 ebay gauges. and they are both about equal in accuracy.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Re: (used2baracer)

Give em a shot. They might be fine. I bought both a boost and oil pressure gauge from Autometer, they were both off my by alot. Had to replace them....
Old 06-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BigBlock)

ya they look a whole lot better in person the pics are okay. i am using the a/f guage i like it but i plan on ditching it for a volt meter or something and getting an aem wideband with guage and mount it on my steering colum or something anyways i recomend the megans over the autometers but wish the megans were able to be seen better in the day time
Old 06-21-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: (mattcivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mattcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i am using the a/f guage i like it but i plan on ditching it for a volt meter </TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol, those are the two most worthless gauges I can think of. If you are going to replace the a/f gauge, at least get something useful, like an oil gauge.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Re: (BigBlock)

u think i can get a hook up price from u? for a boost and a/f gauge? o btw is the a/f gauge wideband?
Old 06-21-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Megan racing gauges? (gotzrycefoolio)

got them and love them
Old 06-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Megan racing gauges? (Turbo88hatch)

I based my opnion on the fact that one company is more known then another. But im sorry for jumping to the conclusion that "Megan" racing products suck, i really have no experance so my bad.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:42 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gotzrycefoolio &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> o btw is the a/f gauge wideband?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You wish. Go do some research.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EnzoSpeed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EnzoSpeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Lol, those are the two most worthless gauges I can think of. If you are going to replace the a/f gauge, at least get something useful, like an oil gauge.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i already have an oil presure, oil temp, water temp, a/f, and the boost guage i was thinkin maybe a pyrometer but im thinkin a wideband will be fine. the nice thing about making it a volt meter is i can pull the guage out use the exsisting wires that run the a/f guage and just take the wire i hooked up to my o2 sensor and just hook it up to a power somewhere very simple and i dont have to rip my pillar out and start following wires all around...... okay im just lazy and fat
Old 06-22-2005, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I love the guages, maybe ill take some better pictures when i get back home. Like other people said, they are hard to see in the day time but you can still see them. NIght time they look sick. I wish they made an EGT guage =0[
Old 06-22-2005, 02:00 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mattcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i already have an oil presure, oil temp, water temp, a/f, and the boost guage i was thinkin maybe a pyrometer but im thinkin a wideband will be fine. the nice thing about making it a volt meter is i can pull the guage out use the exsisting wires that run the a/f guage and just take the wire i hooked up to my o2 sensor and just hook it up to a power somewhere very simple and i dont have to rip my pillar out and start following wires all around...... okay im just lazy and fat </TD></TR></TABLE>

LMAO, alright - go with the voltmeter.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EnzoSpeed)

i have the same gauges...they are real nice at night
Old 06-22-2005, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mattcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i already have an oil presure, oil temp, water temp, a/f, and the boost guage i was thinkin maybe a pyrometer but im thinkin a wideband will be fine. the nice thing about making it a volt meter is i can pull the guage out use the exsisting wires that run the a/f guage and just take the wire i hooked up to my o2 sensor and just hook it up to a power somewhere very simple and i dont have to rip my pillar out and start following wires all around...... okay im just lazy and fat </TD></TR></TABLE>

wow, you're interior must look like a jet cockpit... What's ur setup? you must be puttting a lot of power down to have to monitor all that stuff
Old 06-22-2005, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (used2baracer)

its not done yet but in the next few weeks my sleeved 2ltr gsr motor is going in with hytech manifold pt67 turbo custom built IM blah blah blah looking to hit 500+hp on pump gas and 600 on some 110 octane ill be posting dynos, build pix, and my full set-up soon so keep your eyes open for it i need an AEM wide band wheres the cheapest place to buy one?

Quick Reply: Megan racing gauges?