Notices

Measuring resistance 440's and bogging/sputtering issues LS turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Measuring resistance 440's and bogging/sputtering issues LS turbo

So a good friend of mine just recently turboed his LS and is having bogging/sputtering
issues while trying to boost. He is running a S300 with a basemap for 440's ,cast many,tial WG etc.. I came over and checked the car for vacuum leaks, made sure the IC piping was tight, checked for exhaust leaks(I did find a tiny one from the gasket on DP) checked timing and checked spark..I also hooked up a different ECU with a basemap for a LS turbo off a running car...same thing... then I was thinking about the injectors.. he is runningwhat appears to be older supra 440's that are peak and hold with a resistor box..I wanted to check the ohms and what Ive read the resistance should be 2.5-3ohms but I do not know where to measuse from? Also I'm not sure if these injectors
can be used properly on a honda? Any input would be great about the bogging or measuring the ohlms and if I left some thing out that may help with suggestions please just ask thanks!!! Ps No CEL and car ran perfect before he put the turbo on!
Old 06-02-2013, 07:07 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Measuring resistance 440's and bogging/sputtering issues LS turbo

Probe the terminals across the injector with your meter set to ohm's. Then check the resistor box it self. There should be all red wire's on the box with one wire a different color. That's your 12 v input. Measure resistance from that wire to all others to check the resistors in the box.

Either way I doubt its the issue. Running peak and hold injectors with no resistor will just fry the ecu under high load when the injectors are peaked.

What map sensor?
Old 06-02-2013, 07:09 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

I would agree, though I think map sensor won't be relevant unless something has been set incorrectly in the S300 base map. Using Toyota injectors w/ resistor box is just fine. This sounds to be something else wrong outside the injectors themselves.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks ya just the fact that I've seemed to check all of the usual suspects had me scratching my brain...So I was curious about the injectors and wiring. If I figure it out I will give a update or if I find anything else .. thanks again
Old 06-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

:UPDATE: Well I talked to a buddy of mine and I decided to make a new base map turns out ....that was the problem all along..geez I guess the hondata dealer that my friend bought the S300 from put a base map on it and maybe did not know what he was doing??? even just driving at low rpms the car was back firing and shutting off ..whatever its running good now