Notices

Max-Rev...anyone have their kits up and running yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2002, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Max-Rev...anyone have their kits up and running yet?

It seemed like a ton of guys from here bought their turbo kits a little while back. I havent really read much about results since then. Has anyone installed them yet? How happy are you with the kit?

If you have the kit in your possesion but havent had a chance to install it yet, how's the quality look overall? And I've done a search but I'm looking for some more up to date info.
Old 05-15-2002, 04:33 AM

Default Re: Max-Rev...anyone have their kits up and running yet? (ZubzSi)

Come one, where did all you guys go that got in that initial groupbuy.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got in on the first groupbuy like 6 months ago. Finally installed the kit with new bottom end. Great quality on the manifold and downpipe. DP does not quite line up. It is slightly off, but not bad. Had the muffler shop weld my cat in at a angle to compensate. I am happy with it. Only hard part is getting a filter on the turbo intake side.. Not much room there.
Old 05-15-2002, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Max-Rev...anyone have their kits up and running yet? (00ITR #543)

Still waiting on mine but good to hear you like it. You got the whole kit right; the one with the 57 trim turbo. And lastly, did they include a bov for you? They told me I would get one with my kit, but when I talked to Curtis a couple of days ago, he said it doesn't come with one. I could've sworn he said my kit came with the Turbo Smart 2 bov when I ordered the kit. Then they were going to make their own bov. Now nothing.

[Modified by Anubyss, 2:13 PM 5/15/2002]
Old 05-15-2002, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got everything, it is all very nice stuff. I was confused about the BOV too, I just got a letter from Curtis saying that the kit never was to come with the blow off valve. Oh well.
Now all those wonderful turbo bits are just going to be sitting on my floor untill I get the rest of the $$$ I need.
Old 05-15-2002, 11:05 AM
New User

Default Re: Max-Rev...anyone have their kits up and running yet? (voltronR34)

Yeah i was also one of the first ones to order the complete turbo kit....and guess what I"M STILL WAITING ON SOME PARTS. Their service just straight up blows, I plan to write up a seperate post about my experience with those guys. Its pretty hairy! Also alot of parts that were initially supposed to come with the kit dont come with it anymore, like the filter, or cnc end tanks, some of the hardware, part of the oil lines, vaccum lines, and some other misc. stuff that you are gonna need to get it running. They basically told me tuff luck and go find what else you need at a local parts store. Yeah the stuff that I originally paid for I have to go out and buy now! Ohh well dont get me started. When I get the rest of my parts in I will post up my full experience.

[Modified by _Shadow_, 8:07 PM 5/15/2002]
Old 05-15-2002, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Max-Rev...anyone have their kits up and running yet? (_Shadow_)

the kit was suppose to come with a BOV... i decided i didnt want the BOV and curtis gave me a Dump tube in exchange. The one thing that we should have done on the GB was to get a finalized copy of the kit. It seems like different people were told and received diffrent things. But over all the kit looks great. OH yeah check your turbo flange for warping....curtis said they had problems with that. Take a straight edge and look for any low spots.
Old 05-15-2002, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Max-Rev...anyone have their kits up and running yet? (Cramerox)

It's too bad we didn't get a finalized list as you said. CNC thing to bov and the delay for me now (I ordered it on 1/24). I know the guy in Australia got the Turbo Smart I bov. So I know it was included in the package. Now it's just a he said she said thing. I am suppose to get the first h22a4 kit.

The thing is the kit looks really solid and I would really like to have it, even with some problems. It's just that I can't get a time frame from them at all. I thought I was going to get it like a month ago then there was this and that problem.

[Modified by Anubyss, 3:46 PM 5/15/2002]
Old 05-15-2002, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Max-Rev...anyone have their kits up and running yet? (Anubyss)

I was in on the gb before they offered the whole kit. I got the mani, dp and turbo. I had to fab up my own piping, bov and bought a greddy ic... regardless good stuff....
Old 05-15-2002, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in on the gb before they offered the whole kit. I got the mani, dp and turbo. I had to fab up my own piping, bov and bought a greddy ic... regardless good stuff....
Yep me too. Great stuff....Looking to hit 300 hp on stock motor as soon as the hondata gets tuned and I buy some more needed parts.
As of now you can see what Im hitting on the dyno. Doesnt seem like much, but I was losing mad amounts of fuel pressure from the stock pump, I was untuned, and also going through 2.25" exhaust---I also think my BOV is leaking under boost.
Old 05-15-2002, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Max-Rev...anyone have their kits up and running yet? (93LSivic)

93LSivic, r u running a filter?? What bends did you use if so???
Old 05-15-2002, 01:54 PM

i'm glad to hear you guys that got it so far are happy with the quality.
Old 05-15-2002, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I ordered mine in mid Jan, & got it in april(it took numerous calls, & emails to geoff). Minus the BOV, filter, & oil return fittings.
I was told that it didnt come w/ a bov, but thanks to FFgeoff, i was able to get one, but opted to upgrade to a blitz for 100, & paid extra 35 for a flange.
2 weeks later i got the BOV & missing hardware, but i was suprised to find that they didnt send me the "flange" instead, took the the flange that came w/ the bov and packed it in the same box that had the missing oil fittings (thinking that i was dumb). I was pissed at this. the only thing that stopped me from complaining is the thought that some of you guys didnt even get a BOV in your kit & i was done dealing w/ them.

BUT, a great THANKS to GEOFF, he was a great guy in helping me get all things straightened out.
Old 05-15-2002, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Max-Rev...anyone have their kits up and running yet? (c1hatch)

Well geoff told me there was a bov in the kit that I ordered as well. But when I spoke with Curtis, he said there isn't one. So I don't know if I should press the issue or not. It's like $150 $250 for a decent bov right? I think I am going to ask for a Tial 50mm at a discount or something. Anything is better than nothing I guess.
Old 05-15-2002, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Max-Rev...anyone have their kits up and running yet? (Anubyss)

how long is it taking to get the kit?
Old 05-15-2002, 05:33 PM
New User

Default Re: Max-Rev...anyone have their kits up and running yet? (SiRkid)

mines gonna be on in about a week.
Old 05-15-2002, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Max-Rev...anyone have their kits up and running yet? (01geeser)

I ordered mine on 1/24 and was told it should be done soon (h22a4 kit). When you did you guys order your kits?