Notices

Mass Coolent in Oil - New Headstuds/gasket - 185compression??? help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mass Coolent in Oil - New Headstuds/gasket - 185compression??? help!

I'm stuck .. I just got my head back on and everything back together last night, started it up and it was fine. Then i turned it off because a leaky oil feed (healthy oil). Today I started it up, immediatly coolent got in my oil .. I could see because i did a shity job at fixing the oil feed leak, and I saw it spray out. Today I only messed with some vacumme hoses, and a IM line that wasnt hooked up .. Is there anyway I could have a hose on wrong .. or something simple? - the compression was 195 - 185 - 185 - 185.

Can someone please help me out, I'll paypal some money if i can get this worked out..

thanks -
Jake

EDIT: setup is B18B on 8psi

Modified by tur3oDC4 at 1:33 AM 12/8/2005
Old 12-08-2005, 12:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mass Coolent in Oil - New Headstuds/gasket - 185compression??? help! (tur3oDC4)

I doubt you routed a coolant line into your oil passage somewhere. Did you get the right head gasket? ARE YOU SURE? how did you put it on? did you spray anything on the gasket? What did you torque the head studs(or bolts?) to? Are they ARP? did you use the ARP moly lube or oil? How many steps did you tighten the bolts with? why did you have the head off in the first place? did you blow a hg before? if you did...did you find out why? Did you surface the head before you put it back together? surface the block? Were the straight if you didn't machine them? Did you completely drain the block before you pulled the head? or did you leave fluid in it when you did whatever it was that you did to the head?
what about putting the coolant lines for your turbo into your oil passage for your turbo? sounds impossible...but some people. Can you see the coolant in your oil? What color is the oil now? Look in the radiator...what color is the coolant?
Did you get the right headstud kit? Is your torque wrench in good condition? would there be any reason to doubt it?

answer some of those and we'll get further.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mass Coolent in Oil - New Headstuds/gasket - 185compression??? help! (~RTErnie~)

there is a coolant port that comes off of your intake manifold...its goldish colored....did you route this to your valve cover? Its to the left of the #4 runner.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:07 AM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Mass Coolent in Oil - New Headstuds/gasket - 185compression??? help! (~RTErnie~)

holy crap ~RTErnie~, you asked like a bajillion questions haha.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:50 AM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Mass Coolent in Oil - New Headstuds/gasket - 185compression??? help! (tur3oDC4)

Is it possible the coolant in the oil is left over from after you blew the HG? Those compression numbers look fine.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Mass Coolent in Oil - New Headstuds/gasket - 185compression??? help! (Muckman)

Thanks a lot for the replys guys - appreciate it -

to answer those questions...
*Correct Head Gasket
*Yes I'am sure
*I placed it over my block/headstuds ..
*No spray
*ARP headstuds / moly lube / torqued to 20 - 43 - 68ft lbs
*Blown Head Gasket- Saw milky oil
*Head was resurfaced - Block looked straight
*I Did Not completly drain my coolent.
*Oil is completly Green, like 50/50 antifreeze/oil.
- It had to be a line .. it was instantanious ... It was only running for 5 second and the entire head filled with coolent. and my block was filled to because of the oil feed... that was milky too.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there is a coolant port that comes off of your intake manifold...its goldish colored....did you route this to your valve cover? Its to the left of the #4 runner.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

-- Yes, I did My freind was "helping me" , i totaly forgot about it. Hopfully thats the problem . Ernie, you're a badass
Old 12-08-2005, 11:52 AM

The Bottom circle is what was connected to the valve cover. I'm really confused, Where does the line off the Intake Manifold go? - It goes to a water line by the upper radiator hose? right ??

Also I dont know where the line off the TB by the map sensor goes (top pink circle)

thanks a lot guys - jake
Old 12-08-2005, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dunno about the vacuum lines. maybe your IAC, FPR, Map sensor, EGR system, brake booster, PCV?

coolant lines... typically there are lines that go to your heater core(radiator with a fan underneath the dash basically) there will be two lines on your firewall to circulate the coolant. maybe it goes to the rad... maybe to a coolant reservoir. maybe it drains back into the block externally and gets recirculated by the water pump. IDK really. Honda's aren't my cup of tea. good luck

your welcome.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

where is your turbo!!!! lol that must be a picture of someone elses engine I assume. get some pics up. maybe a close up and then a further back shot so that people who have honda's will know just what you're talking about.

either that or call up your local honda tech...or a shop that has a good honda technician...they should know JUST what you're talking about.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the open deck block surface not grinded after head uninstall, garanted 90% of water leak after new head install. And if you put back on that bad block surface the fresh grinded head, it could be bad after uninstal too, the head.

Sometimes could be just luck that no leaks.

It's just what we have before. The new head gasket will not help. Maybe that info somehow will help.

Old 12-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mass Coolent in Oil - New Headstuds/gasket - 185compression??? help! (Root79)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Root79 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If the open deck block surface not grinded after head uninstall, garanted 90% of water leak after new head install. And if you put back on that bad block surface the fresh grinded head, it could be bad after uninstal too, the head.</TD></TR></TABLE>

^^^ I disagree with the above statement - unless you overheated the engine the block shouldnt be warped to cause a coolant leak UNLESS you are using a copper head gasket.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ~RTErnie~ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where is your turbo!!!! lol that must be a picture of someone elses engine I assume. get some pics up. maybe a close up and then a further back shot so that people who have honda's will know just what you're talking about.

either that or call up your local honda tech...or a shop that has a good honda technician...they should know JUST what you're talking about. </TD></TR></TABLE>

^^^ Yes find us this information and we will be able to help you alot more.

Goodluck
Old 12-08-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Mass Coolent in Oil - New Headstuds/gasket - 185compression??? help! (Importordomestic)

Yeah ... I checked my block with a straight edge - it was fine. I'll get you guys a pic of what im talking about.
thanks
Old 12-08-2005, 01:30 PM
I'm really 2slow

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

the thing thats circled at the bottom goes to the intake manifold by runner #4 coolent line
Old 12-08-2005, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Mass Coolent in Oil - New Headstuds/gasket - 185compression??? help! (2FAST4U831)

Looks like you hooked a FITV coolant line to your valvecover or another coolant line from that area.

The other circled vacuum lines goes to the charcoal canister thats usually on the firewall.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Mass Coolent in Oil - New Headstuds/gasket - 185compression??? help! (mike1114)

Well, I hooked the lines up right ( what i thought was right) and ran cheep oil through it .. then put some decent oil in it. Problem is still there. The coolent is getting in extreamly fast .. its gotta be a line.. What do you guys think.

Is there anyone in WA state? I'll give you some money to come and look at my lines..