Notices

Manifold in the way of my turbo feed line?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manifold in the way of my turbo feed line?!

Im wondering if i can buy an adaptor that will let me bolt the oil line from the side instead of straight down in between the turbo manifold.

MY PROBLEM IS...

The Cast log manifold makes my oil feed line go at an angle and wont screw on because the feed line on the turbo is right below the manifold. I dunno what else to do. I was wondering if there are L shaped fittings i could buy and use some teflon tape and twist it on the turbo inlet so i can put my oil line from an angle and tighten it down good... Im a get a pic real quick but if anyone knows my problem plz lmk
Old 03-09-2008, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Manifold in the way of my turbo feed line?! (central_driver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by central_driver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im wondering if i can buy an adaptor that will let me bolt the oil line from the side instead of straight down in between the turbo manifold.

MY PROBLEM IS...

The Cast log manifold makes my oil feed line go at an angle and wont screw on because the feed line on the turbo is right below the manifold. I dunno what else to do. I was wondering if there are L shaped fittings i could buy and use some teflon tape and twist it on the turbo inlet so i can put my oil line from an angle and tighten it down good... Im a get a pic real quick but if anyone knows my problem plz lmk</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can use a oil line that has a 90 degree fitting. If you need one we have them.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this is my daily driver car. ive been getting rides to and from work. But its possible to put another fitting on then. i need to find 1 in town soon. its a t3/t4 turbo. what size fitting would i need?
Old 03-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeap, get a 90 degree fitting and put it onto your turbo oil inlet. You might have to take the turbine housing off if the 90 degree fitting hits it too.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (central_driver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by central_driver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this is my daily driver car. ive been getting rides to and from work. But its possible to put another fitting on then. i need to find 1 in town soon. its a t3/t4 turbo. what size fitting would i need?</TD></TR></TABLE>

you could just get the whole oil line kit fro B&R the guy ships pretty fast and damn reasonable pricing, cheaper than anything local i could find, but i know what you mean about being tight on time... good luck
Old 03-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im not sure what size i need when i go ask and i dotn wanna take the turbo all the way off to take it off to bring in the shop.

I have a guy coming to do my downpipe at my house because he has a welder and some pipes. he works at a local honda dealership here in ca. Im sure he will let me no what to buy etc.. i was just trying to get a heads up and try and warn him so i can buy the products and have them ready for him. I also found a problem i dunno if this is common but the downpipe flange with the 5bolts. 1 of the holes doesnt match up. So my only solution would be to drill that hole out bigger because its barely barely off...
Old 03-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (central_driver)

Pull the straight fitting thats already on the turbo off. Bring it to the hardware store or a plumbing store. Even auto part stores will have them too. and match up the thread pattern.

I ran into this problem a couple times. You can get the fitting for like $2-3. I usually run a 45* fitting.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (viet_boi_racin)

thats. i didnt think of a plumbing place that sounds perfect