Notices

Mangled Exhaust Wheel /// Grinding Turbo's /// BLING! (seriously) **PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mangled Exhaust Wheel /// Grinding Turbo's /// BLING! (seriously) **PICS**

Basically I bought a T3 .60/.63 turbo for $160, was told it was just rebuilt, ******* mint, looked sick in the pics, defientely just rebuilt. Well I get the thing and the shaft play on this thing was outrageous huge axial shaft play, wheels were grinding, but it looked pretty.

Heres a pic of the exhaust wheel

So I just unbolted the housings because they look perfect and Im gonna take off all of the fittings tonight. So anyways, I buy a new snail off of here, dirty as **** but has absolutely no shaft play, ******* gorgeous.

BUT

I felt like swapping the shitty dirty housings and I got the compressor housing off of my dirty one no problem, then moved onto the exhaust side and they took some ******* work, hammering and soaking with liquid wrench, then I came to this bastard, pic came out shitty but theres no way I can unbolt this. The center piece of the turbo is actually touching the bolt

So I want to take the cutoff wheel and use a very thin wheel I have to take off maybe 1/8", maybe a little more off of the fitting neck or whatever the **** you wanna call it, just enough so I can loosen the bolt a few threads and clock the turbo and remove the last bolt

DOES ANYONE SEE A PROBLEM WITH THIS?????

Just for good measure and because I had the camera out and my greasy turbo parts all over my girls new dryer I thought Id take pics of the shiny/clean housings that Im swapping on

for the expensive paperweight
to 2thousandcivic for being cool and selling me the second for cheap

Night
Old 01-07-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Mangled Exhaust Wheel /// Grinding Turbo's /// BLING! (seriously) **PICS** (W O T)

dammit, i want a compressor housing for a paperweight
Old 01-07-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Mangled Exhaust Wheel /// Grinding Turbo's /// BLING! (BoostedJeff)

Im just gonna bolt all the dirty housings and mangled center cartridge together, soak em in parts cleaner and paint it paki chrome and throw it on the sheft next to other fucked internals

Wanna know if I can grind a little off of the turbo though or if its very thin walled and Ill be looking at the inside of the snail through the side....

Thanks
Old 01-07-2005, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Mangled Exhaust Wheel /// Grinding Turbo's /// BLING! (W O T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by W O T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im just gonna bolt all the dirty housings and mangled center cartridge together, soak em in parts cleaner and paint it paki chrome and throw it on the sheft next to other fucked internals

Wanna know if I can grind a little off of the turbo though or if its very thin walled and Ill be looking at the inside of the snail through the side....

Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha, i think i have that same shelf
Old 01-08-2005, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Mangled Exhaust Wheel /// Grinding Turbo's /// BLING! (JSpin)

Old 01-08-2005, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Mangled Exhaust Wheel /// Grinding Turbo's /// BLING! (W O T)