Notices

majestic turbo ripped me off 600 and wont fix my turbo under warranty

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 11:29 AM
* B A N N E D *

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default majestic turbo ripped me off 600 and wont fix my turbo under warranty

i just had my turbo rebuilt by majestic turbo less than a week ago i paid 600 to have it rebuilt i needed a couple of extra parts they said so instead of buying a new one i had it rebuilt so i did not have to get my car retuned when i got the turbo back i did all of the pre installation before i put it on when we had the car idling i could hear a little pinging noise so after the pre installation was done we drove it up the street no boost came back took it off the wheel was hitting the housing and destroyed the turbo if you read at the bottom of the invoice it says we warrant all turbo work for 6 months and unlimited mileage so i called them and they said send it back so i did the keyword was all turbo work they got the turbo and said they would not warranty it so i am letting others know not to let this happen to you as it did happen to me
Old 11-13-2004, 12:19 PM

Default Re: majestic turbo ripped me off 600 and wont fix my turbo under warranty (crxvtecturbo)

Grammar > You.

Besides that, that really sucks. Looks like i'll stay away from majestic Turbo from now on!
Old 11-13-2004, 01:30 PM

Default Re: majestic turbo ripped me off 600 and wont fix my turbo under warranty (liquidxEG)

Majestic is crap.
I've had qute a bit of problems with them with their turbos.
The turbo on my Personal car came from them and it took a dump about 3 months into the deal. Drove up there for Warranty and ended up still having to buy $300 in parts, whatya know thats typical rebuild price.
they were super friendly, but Kevin has been known to be a bit shady at times
Old 11-13-2004, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: majestic turbo ripped me off 600 and wont fix my turbo under warranty (This One)

what was majestics determination of what happen and why they wont warranty it?
Old 11-13-2004, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: majestic turbo ripped me off 600 and wont fix my turbo under warranty (crxvtecturbo)

for 600, i would have bought a brand new turbo..

what were the "extra items" that you had to buy? wouldn't u have have those existing parts already??

my bro supposedly bought a "brand new" custom turbo from this turbo rebuilder shop in GR, MI called "michigan Turbo" .. those bastards just gave him a rebuilt turbo instead and made it look like he got a new unit.. the stupid thing was, we originally requested for one to be used w/ an external WG, but the ******** sent us one that was internally gated, what dumb ******..

anway, we didn't think much of it and let it slide since it looked new.. but after installing it and driving around w/ it, the dam "focker" began to leak oil around the turbine seal and was burning smoke out the exhaust.. It wasn't much, but it was kinda annoying considering it was supposed to be brand new..

Moral of the story, "fock" getting a turbo rebuilt.. just fork out the extra few hundred and buy urself a NEW one.. Most of the rebuild $$ goes to labor to labor anyway..
Old 11-13-2004, 03:18 PM

Default Re: majestic turbo ripped me off 600 and wont fix my turbo under warranty (h22 civic)

that sucks
Old 11-13-2004, 05:44 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: majestic turbo ripped me off 600 and wont fix my turbo under warranty (maveric)

ttt
Old 11-13-2004, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

For $600, I'd rather buy a new SC61
Old 11-14-2004, 08:37 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: majestic turbo ripped me off 600 and wont fix my turbo under warranty (TurboSmart)

please post any past or present problems i want to get the word out so others dont get ripped off by these shady characters
Old 11-14-2004, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Majestic has been around for a long time. It seems like people were really happy with their service until only recently. Does Robert still work there?

Sonny
Old 11-14-2004, 02:14 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (Sonny)

ttt
Old 11-15-2004, 09:14 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (crxvtecturbo)

ttt
Old 11-16-2004, 07:16 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: (crxvtecturbo)

ttt
Old 11-16-2004, 11:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not to be a dick, but it's really hard to understand what you're trying to say when you don't use any punctuation. I realize that this is the internet and not a college essay, but I have no idea what you're talking about, other than the fact that you claim Majestic ripped you off. Please explain why they wouldn't honor the warranty. There has to be a reason. You have a total of 7 posts, 6 in here, and 1 in another thread related to Majestic. Something doesn't make sense here.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:11 AM

A buddy of mine had a turbo from them also for about 1000 miles and the exact same thing happened and we got no warranty as well. That turbo warranty is just bs to get a sale
Old 11-17-2004, 07:25 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: majestic turbo ripped me off 600 and wont fix my turbo under warranty (B16A Grenade)

b16a grenade not to be a dick i did not know this was honda tech 101 ill remember to take that course when it comes up next time maybe you can read mchaung post better than mine they dont give a reason it is just bs go ahead and deal with them yourself and see what happens
Old 11-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxvtecturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">b16a grenade not to be a dick i did not know this was honda tech 101 ill remember to take that course when it comes up next time maybe you can read mchaung post better than mine they dont give a reason it is just bs go ahead and deal with them yourself and see what happens </TD></TR></TABLE>

-----&gt;. = period

"The full pause at the end of a spoken sentence.

A punctuation mark ( . ) indicating a full stop, placed at the end of declarative sentences and other statements thought to be complete, and after many abbreviations."

I have no intention of using Majestic. It would just be nice to understand what you're saying, that's all. It might lend some credibility to your story, so others don't give them any more business. I'm seriously interested in what happened, because they used to be recommended on thise site.

Old 11-18-2004, 08:55 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: majestic turbo ripped me off 600 and wont fix my turbo under warranty (B16A Grenade)

ttt
Old 11-19-2004, 08:03 PM
* B A N N E D *

ttt
Old 11-20-2004, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

did they change there name because I am having the same issue with TURBO CALCULATOR the fins hit the compressor housing, it sounds like an owl when it spools, and the shaft is warped because we took off the compressor housing and saw for ourself lastnight.

The turbo has no more then 30 miles on it, it came with a 6 month warranty, but Turbo Calculator is choosing to not respond to my e-mails and phone calls. They false advertised because the description said Garrett Turbo, so I paid $460, when I got it the box said Garret Spec and it turned out to be that gay ebay XY Bullshit. They won't refund my money or help me repair it.

Just to warn everyone of Turbo Calculator! If someone wants to go over to see them for me they are in NC.

sorry didn't mean to thread jack, but I don't want to see anyone get ripped by them
Old 11-21-2004, 02:07 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: majestic turbo ripped me off 600 and wont fix my turbo under warranty (Vtec92Civic)

ttt
Old 11-22-2004, 06:50 AM

if the turbo failed the first time and Majestic repaired it. Then you reinstalled the turbo and it failed again.

This leads me to believe that you may have an engine problem that you dont know about. Most turbos fail because the bearings get burned up for lack of oil or something coming apart in your motor getting into the turbo.

Is it a new motor that has been broken in properly with the oil changed a few times.

You cant just say they ripped you off because Majestic has been around for a very long time and will warranty their work if it is infact an error that was their fault. If the turbo failed due to lack of oil or foreign objects then I would not expect them to repair it for you.

That would be them throwing away money for your error and its not going to happen.

Its the same thing with a factory fresh Mitsubishi 16G. The failure rate in controlled testing is 1 in 1000 and people blow them all the time. A turbo will work fine if in a perfect engine.

Think about it.

Old 11-22-2004, 07:01 AM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: majestic turbo ripped me off 600 and wont fix my turbo under warranty (Issabsb30)

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. Pay for everything with a credit card. At least then you have some action of recourse.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Double Platinum Member

Default Re: majestic turbo ripped me off 600 and wont fix my turbo under warranty (Muckman)

Damn man that really sucks.

I had my turbo rebuilt by them about a year ago(and i did some "upgrades"). I sent it off on monday and it got back on friday. That turbo kicked *** the whole time i had it . It seemed to feel a good bit faster than before i sent it off...but i did go from a 60a/r to a 63a/r on the cold side...so im sure that had alot to do with it. I ve had them do work for a couple friends too and they have been really happy with it. Bullshit like this happens with every company every once in a while...even the big ones.

Majestic still gets a from me
Old 11-22-2004, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: majestic turbo ripped me off 600 and wont fix my turbo under warranty (Vtec92Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vtec92Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just to warn everyone of Turbo Calculator! If someone wants to go over to see them for me they are in NC.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Here's a quote of my own sweet *** in one of the recent .60 trim threads:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J. Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wouldn't purchase anything from that shitbag. Half of his Turdcalculator software is based off of my collection of compressor maps I host on my web gallery for free, for everybody. He got on the jyturbo mailing list about two years back and begged all the compressor maps we had links to, then gets all ***-y and refuses us a free copy of his $5 Turdcalculator. **** that bitchboy and anything that has to do with him. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I live in NC, and had no clue that guy did. Give me info, I'll roll in there big as **** with some big, strong redneck boys and see about your warranty... and my free copy of Turdcalculator.

Quick Reply: majestic turbo ripped me off 600 and wont fix my turbo under warranty