Notices

Mahdavi Motorsports.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mahdavi Motorsports.

Did anyone else have any problems with them? just curious..cuz they did a number to my car.

My car didnt start so i towed it in there. I just had the motor rebuilt and it wouldnt' start. I checked for spark and i was getting it. From what they said, it wasnt getting spark so they bought a new distributor($250)...cap and rotor ($75).

They said my whole turbo was put on incorrectly, they told me it needed to all be taken off and put back on. What sense would that make. I asked them wut was wrong with it and they said the fuel setup was bad. Ok, y da hell should i take the whole setup back off then if its just the fuel? My fuel setup seems to be fine comparing with other dragturbo car owners.

The vacuum hole at the top of the wastegate(turbonetics), they teed it into my vacum lines at the manifold? I thought that vacuum hole was for a boost controller or something?

They told me my ecu was fried, ok no big deal until its freakin $350. I see stock si ecus for like $150. Checked the ecu and wut do u know, they redid my v-afc wiring(wtf). They did it shittier than i did cuz after i got it back the vafc was scrambling and turning on and off...seems to have a loose connection. Great.

AS for the plugs, they put in nGK platinum..i thought those were bad in turbo cars? dunno...checked the gap last nite and it was gapped to .050. WTF

I paid $1300 for them to fix my car. all they did was make the car start. Still idled shitty and i had to give it gas to keep it runningwhen car was cold. They told me to take the turbo off so they can configure the idle problem.

I thought they were a performance shop that dealed with turbos. All i know is i paid that much and car still runs shitty. I know i will never take my car back up there again.

btw...they told me i should've gotten a greddy kit. hahahhaaha
Old 03-14-2002, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mahdavi Motorsports. (BoostedSi)

thats just a plain rip off right there. You should go to a bettere shop. I would have done most of that for free. At lease diagnose the problem and you would just pay for parts.
Old 03-14-2002, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mahdavi Motorsports. (b18bturbo)

YEa..that really pissed me off cuz i could of done all of that myself. A lot of people told me they were a good shop, thats y i towed it there. turns out it sucked.
Old 03-14-2002, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

D00d, I would comlain to the owner or Better Business Bureau. Did you authorize them fixing all that stuff and tampering with your ECU and V-AFC? I would have them refund your money if you didnt sign anything stating thats what you wanted done. $1300 just to get a car started is a plain rip off man. Go back there and get your $ back!
Old 03-14-2002, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Remember, those are the guys who spent too much time and money putting an NSX motor into the back of a CRX.
You should complain to the BBB, or rant and rave on the phone and threaten to kill all business for them on this board.
Come on up to TN and go to Evans Honda! Chuck is a pretty cool guy. It helps that his civic runs really low 11's, and will soon have a CRVTEC civic.
Old 03-14-2002, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mahdavi Motorsports. (RATEDR)

i told them to get the car started and running. I didnt tell them to mess with my vafc wiring. btw..they went thru 3 sets of plugs(all platinums..$128)

they only charged me for 5 hrs of labor($300). I guess they felt bad that they wasted all their time taking my 440s out and putting the whole fuel setup back to stock...and still not working. They raped me on the freakin parts.

I didnt want to post **** about their shop..but i'm very disappointed and broke.
Old 03-14-2002, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wouldn't have paid them.
Old 03-14-2002, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mahdavi Motorsports. (dustin)

I know i shouldnt have paid them. I didnt know the car ran that shiitty until after i paid them. Being the nice guy that i am...i didnt complain at all to them. I wasnt going to complain on this web board either..but lately its been really pissing me off...that i towed my car to a shop and they didnt fix it right. I just couldnt take it any longer so i posted.

they were really nice guys tho...but i kno i will never take my car there again.

I just wanted to kno if any other people had problems with them that live in GA

I still wish that i didnt tow my car there and worked on it myself a little longer to configure the problem. I was just so sick of working on my car everyday after skool and work so i just towed it in.
Old 03-14-2002, 04:11 PM
New User

wow, that really sucks.. did they make you pay for all 3 sets of ngk platinums? get coppers and return those platinums and DEMAND your money back
same with the distributor and other parts.. if your old parts are fine, they shouldn't charge you for new ones; at the very least you should be able to sell all that ****....

did you ever find out exactly why your car wouldn't start?

-Xerxes