Notices

LsVtec Turbo Not Running Properly Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LsVtec Turbo Not Running Properly Need Help!!!

Hello
I Recently turbod my ls vtec hatch and i upgraded my fuel system because i thought i was having fuel cut off what happens is when i accelerate to about 5000 rpm or so the engine bucks violently like it is stalling at first i figured fuel cut but that doesnt seem to be the case and it felt like my map sensor but im not sure i am running a Turbonetics 54 trim ball bearing turbo with matching 38mm turbonetics delta gate im not sure what the problem is some people think it is the map sensor and that iu should upgrade to a gm 3 bar but then i heard the it could be my wastegate. I need your Help any info is apreciated.

SetUp
b16a head
rebuilt with stock internals
b18a Block
micro polished crank
ITR Pistons
Fully Balanced Rotating assembly
Arp Rod Bolt
Arp Head Studs

Turbo
Turbonetics .54 Trim ballbearing turbo
38mm Turbonetics Deltagate
Drag 3 Turbo Manifold
FMIC 2.5 Piping
Blitz Blow Job Valve

Fuel
Walboro 255 Fuel Pump
Aem Fuel Pressure Regulator
Vortech FMU

Chipped P28
Old 09-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LsVtec Turbo Not Running Properly Need Help!!! (GaVO311)

What kind of engine management are you running, and I hope it's not an FMU!? Also did you upgrade your fuel pump and injectors? Definately sounds like you are not getting enough fuel with the boost kicks in, and the MAP sensor might be fighting you, regardless............... You need your **** properly tuned ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LsVtec Turbo Not Running Properly Need Help!!! (Mugencrxsir1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mugencrxsir1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What kind of engine management are you running, and I hope it's not an FMU!? Also did you upgrade your fuel pump and injectors? Definately sounds like you are not getting enough fuel with the boost kicks in, and the MAP sensor might be fighting you, regardless............... You need your **** properly tuned ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

It says vortec fmu.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:24 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GaVO311 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Fuel
Walboro 255 Fuel Pump
Aem Fuel Pressure Regulator
Vortech FMU

Chipped P28
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Huh
Old 09-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LsVtec Turbo Not Running Properly Need Help!!! (pgmatt)

sounds to me like an ignition problem. and no you wont be able to confirm if it is just by checking if there is spark. if you know anyone with the same obd head as your try swappin distributors and see if that helps. then give it back and get a new one if it works.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LsVtec Turbo Not Running Properly Need Help!!! (MassScene)

You need proper engine management first of all!
Old 09-12-2006, 02:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LsVtec Turbo Not Running Properly Need Help!!! (JDMisGOOD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMisGOOD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You need proper engine management first of all!</TD></TR></TABLE> yea but besides that!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

1st:

take out the FMU. You say you have a chipped p28 installed? Do you know what map you have on it?

The issue you are having sounds like a similar issue i was having with my turbo EF 4dr when i was running a FMU. it would hiccup around the same RPM. I took it out, retuned on turboedit and it was good to go.

some questions for you:

what year is your hatch? just so we know what era of ecu configuration you are working with.

2: what psi are you currently running? If you are running more than 10psi, and the map sensor is seeing it, then there is a good chance that brick wall you are feeling is the map sensor cutting out at 11.9psi and sending the car into limp mode. If you are running a lower boost setting, please advise.

3: what are you doing for injectors? IF you are trying to run the stockers, swap them out for something a little more reliable in a boost application. I, myself, am running 1000cc in my boosted LS-Vtec, however, im running high boost numbers, if this is a street vehicle, you can use a 550cc injector and be very safe.

4: if you have a tuner in your area that can burn you a chip, i can send you a sample chrome fuel/igniton table that can get you a rough tune and then have someone in your area refine it.

However as others have mentioned, check your plugs and plug gap. Try and run a smaller plug gap, it will prevent any sort of spark blowout.

for added safety, make sure your dizzy is knocked back a few degrees until you can get the ecu tune sorted out.

Better yet, where did you get the chip for the ecu? do you know what tune is on there?

Lets start with some of these basics and go from there. We'll get you sorted out.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MassScene &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> yea but besides that! </TD></TR></TABLE>

If he's running a non turbo specific map in the ecu he could just be getting boost cut as his map sensor is seeing boost.

With the fmu do you have a missing link? Or check valves?
Old 09-12-2006, 02:49 PM

Default Re: LsVtec Turbo Not Running Properly Need Help!!! (JDMisGOOD)

Car is only At about 7 lbs of boost but never hammer on it to get it there it is a eg hatch with an obd1 p28 i am getting it tuned on monday but was wondering what this is because it feels like the time my map sensor on my all motor setup was screwin up, i have rc 550 cc injectors and an aem fuel rail now so i wont need the fmu it was just put on for the purpose of seeing if the car worked. thanks for all your input so far keep it coming
Old 11-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey did you ever get this sorted out? I'm in your area and running an LS/VTEC turbo as well. I also burn my own chips.