Notices

lst? ls-t? boooost?;

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lst? ls-t? boooost?;

Hey ht. Let me start off by expressing some of my concerns with boosting my motor. 1 im a forced induction newwwwb. Lol and 2 my compression test results. Ive done a lot of reading about forced induction. Most of which has been on this site. But picking a turbo for my setup seems almost impossible without some insight from people with personal experience to get rid of the guess work.
So here is the run down on my motor.
82mm forged wiesco pistons. 9.8:1 cr
Eagle esp h beam rods
Acl race bearings
Cometic hg
Aem fpr
Aem fuel rail
Rc 310 cc injectors
Aem adjustable cam gears....6 bolt
Brian crower stainless nitrate coated flat-dish valves
Brian crower stage 2 n/a cams
Brian crower dual titanium valve springs and retainers
Brian crower valve keepers
supertech bronze valve guides
Ferrera valve seals
Skunk2 pro series intake manifold
Skunk2 alpha series 70mm throttle body
Gates racing kevlar reinforced timing belt
Act stage 2, 6 puck sprung
Ect.ect. built by me!!! Lol (first build)
I made 162whp and 127ftlbs.
I did a compression test on the motor for ***** and giggle. Lol I got 165 across the board. Now I know its about how even the numbers are more than what the actual readings are. But I feel the numbers are really low. Yes I did the test with a hot motor and yes I did the test at wot. Someone suggested that the cams im running could cause low numbers along with me 2 degrees of retarded timing on exhaust ciuld cause low numbers. Im not too sure about that. But im damn sure not going to drop in my stock cams to find out. Lol
So my worries are, with my compression numbers being what they are should I even consider boost? Also I an not running any sort of cylinder support I.e. block guard or sleeves. So thats another major concern. I didnt put too much thought process into the build when I was buying parts. I just new I wanted something safe strong and reliable with the potential to boost down the road.so I went with all forged internals and basically top of the line everything. Do it right do it once. Well down the road is coming quick I hope. And im really concerned about my rings holding up under boost and even more so about my cylinder walls. Ive read that a block guard is a waste of money for the most part. But I feel like 82mm might be pushing it.
As for turbo selection I know I need to pick a hp goal. Id be more than satisfied with 300whp.....tires are expensive. Lol.i was thinking something like a .57 trim. .63 ar. Or should I go bigger. Like I said suggestions from people with ecperience would be awesome. Theres just so many compressor options it seems too much. Lom thanks everybody
Old 12-22-2013, 12:05 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: lst? ls-t? boooost?;

there's an entire thread devoted solely to lst setups. read it, there's a lot of good info on setups on what kind of power they make
Old 12-22-2013, 12:13 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: lst? ls-t? boooost?;

Especially with the stock camshaft. No need for big na camshaft.. they will actually hurt more than help.