Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/)
-   -   LS-T safc problems (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/ls-t-safc-problems-2559233/)

hondaEg_808 04-29-2009 10:33 PM

LS-T safc problems

i need help with tuning my car with the safc.
i have a t4 turbo
ls motor
dsm 450cc injectors
aftermarket fuel pump
and i need help on how to work the safc because i bought just like that no instructions just the safc. and i need to know what preset settings i need to run. its my first time doing this turbo so im just learning as i go!? if people can help me out this would be very appreciative!!!

please keep negative comments to yourself if you have nothing nice to say!!

thanks for looking!!!

omgwtfbbq 04-29-2009 10:56 PM

Re: LS-T safc problems

If you are going to use the afc hack, here is how to...but you should get a tune.

http://beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2i...tml#Management

hondaEg_808 04-29-2009 11:45 PM

hey thanks man bummmpp it up

hondaEg_808 05-03-2009 12:50 PM

bummmp it to the top!!!! need info

jax97hx 05-03-2009 12:59 PM

throw away the afc and chip your ecu!

or tune it with the afc and keep a couple a spare motors

by the time you get it to not blow up you will be real good at swappin

hondaEg_808 05-04-2009 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by jax97hx (Post 38395373)
throw away the afc and chip your ecu!

or tune it with the afc and keep a couple a spare motors

by the time you get it to not blow up you will be real good at swappin

yah im gonna go get my ecu chipped! im gonna through phearable website right now as i speak!! but thanks man

HiProfile 05-05-2009 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by hondaEg_808 (Post 38395281)
bummmp it to the top!!!! need info

THe "afc hack" is only useful when you have a wideband. Otherwise you're just guessing like any other method. FYI the phearable chip will ONLY be a basemap - you'll still have the same issues. Hondas aren't like other cars where they can adjust for boost or changes in the tune.

Learn what "tuning a Honda" means - and I'll give you a hint up front, its not putting some I.C.E. inside or an ugly body kit on the car.

hondaEg_808 05-28-2009 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by HiProfile (Post 38417297)
THe "afc hack" is only useful when you have a wideband. Otherwise you're just guessing like any other method. FYI the phearable chip will ONLY be a basemap - you'll still have the same issues. Hondas aren't like other cars where they can adjust for boost or changes in the tune.

Learn what "tuning a Honda" means - and I'll give you a hint up front, its not putting some I.C.E. inside or an ugly body kit on the car.

im slowly learning as i go! im not to sure how boost goes, this is my first boosted car! im mainly all motor but wanna have fun with boost. your hint btw its not really useful im not those guys who ice out there cars thats the least on my mind its all about performance!!!

boostedcivicsir 05-29-2009 03:36 AM

what he is saying is actually tuning a car is not like it is glorified to be.

just remember with the afc hack, you cannot make timing changes. if this is your dd why not wait and properly get it done so it doesnt leave you.

308gt4 06-16-2009 09:32 AM

Hey man, Im new to this site but I have been boosting cars for years and I got the afc to work great in my teg. I have a to4e with 450cc injectors and walbro fuel pump. Just install the afc the way apexi's website says to and get an innovate motorsports lc-1. Im running stoichiometric at cruise and hold a solid 12:1 in boost at 11 psi. Remember to retard your base timing to 14 deg. There is a nice write-up somewhere on this site about why its safer to run more boost with the afc and its the truth. I made 258 at the wheels on 10 psi and my motor has 185k on it and pulls real hard every day. You wont get anywhere without a wideband though. Just my 2 cents. Oh, and these guys are right, if you want big power then ditch the afc.