Notices

LS-T question... yea I have searched...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS-T question... yea I have searched...

Thanks for looking, I have read the ls-t thread and searched and honesty, I have searched for 3 days to avoid asking this question so I don't have to be flamed for asking such a question. I simply want to run turbo on my stock integra GS and want some level of boost and avoid breaking my engine. I do plan to take it to the local shop for tuning. I don't care to spend money to to keep from popping my engine. I am currently planning on purchasing a t3 turbo for the stock ls. Do you think this is the correct option for turbo and reliability. I know "turbo" and "reliability" are not often used together but I want both. Call me greedy. I would like input from someone who has boosted thier stock ls and has had it that way for a long duration. I HAVE search and I can't find what I am looking for. Please don't tell me to search. If telling me to search is your only feedback please go to the next thread. This is not my first rodeo, however this is my first turbo project. Thanks in advance for your POSITIVE feedback and advice.

Drew

P.S. I am insanely drunk on moonshine and Jack Daniels, so please be gentle with your responses......and if Jared or zcivic reads this....I love you guys...
Old 10-02-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: LS-T question... yea I have searched... (DC-4-Drew)

I'll help, but what is your question ??? If it's just "will a straight t3 be the right turbo for me?" Then me need more info like how much power do you want and what are your funds? Also have to checked the health of your motor (ie: compression and leak down test?)
Old 10-02-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: LS-T question... yea I have searched... (adseguy)

Stock LS is supposedly good for around 300hp, but I wouldn't run more than 250 daily. The T3 is perfect.. what's on mine (not boosing, though.. gotta get it tuned). Just make sure you get a larger T3.. .60/.48 or .63/.60.. not the .48/.42
Old 10-03-2005, 01:29 AM

Default Re: LS-T question... yea I have searched... (ccivic)

As far as my power goals, about 250hp is fine. I just want to make the car a little more fun to drive. I am used to all motor vtec engines, so driving the ls is somewhat dull.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: LS-T question... yea I have searched... (DC-4-Drew)

t3 60 trim or super 60 with a .63 exhaust housing will be fine. run like 8-10 psi, make like 220whp or so and be done with it. ive been running 240hp on my 200k+ stock ls motor since maybe mid april, and its still together. make sure you have enough fuel and pull a little timing. it doenst have to be tuned out the *** (that never hurts either), but the ls has a lower static compression so you do have a lil room to work with
Old 10-03-2005, 08:52 AM
something different

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why would turbo and reliability not go together?

i've built lots of reliable turbo cars. almost every power truck on the road is turbo, and they go 300,000 miles!

the main reason people used to blow up lots of cars (and still do) is poor tuning or ragged edge tuning, and RAPING old engines on those tunes. a nice conservative tune and a solid, well setup kit, and you have a reliable, fun car...and you can do it without breaking the bank. DONT buy a cheap ebay turbo or manifold, but the good stuff...

a 60/.63 T3 might be a good size for you, if you want 250ish whp. and they are plentiful. cheapturbo.com would be a decent place to start looking for turbos.

good tuning is key. and religious upkeep (oil changes)