Notices

LS Supercharged issue (I WANT VTEC)

Old 07-26-2007, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Supercharged issue (I WANT VTEC)

so my dad doesn't know how to use a computer all that well... so he asked me to see if anyone on here could help him out... so he loves working on cars he purcheased his 01 LS brand new and in like 6 months he had a JRSC with there high boost up grade and the liquid water injection system, Percision 440cc injectors, AEM fuel rail, CR-V crank pully, HKS super grounding kit, MSD SCI ignition with the blaster coil. MSD wires, modified intake, gs-r throttle body, Apex VAFC and a boost retarder controller, Greddy EVo 2 exhaut with a high flow cat (Random technologies)...

it's been dyno'd once in San Jose, CA after he first put the JRSC on it but he has never had it tuned since the build up and he has yet to bring it to the track to see what it does... i know it's quick he pulled my brother from a 80 roll and my brother was in his MACH1 and got beat by 3 cars at least...

he wanted the LS just to use as a commuter her never thought that it would be where it is at now... but he came up on a type-r with a JRSC the other day on the freeway and he was in love once he heard the VTEC with the SC... he was wondering is there any way he can still utilize his SC and swap heads to a gs-r or type-r head? is there anyone who knows if anyone makes an adapter for the bolt pattern to match up? i've asked around at a few shops and no one was any help...

the LS block only has 25k miles on it and the SC has about 10k on it and the block is completely STOCK

anyone know what kinda power he could be making to the wheels? and what he could possibly do in the 1/4 mile
Old 07-26-2007, 10:17 PM

thats known as an lsvtec...

do a search for that and youll find al the answeres youre looking for.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Re: (numbnuts22715)

i know that's LS-VTEC im not that slow onto the scene geez..

i was told that the bolt patterns on the SC is different on the gs-r's then teh LS so all im asking is will i be able to still use my SC if i were to swap my head... is there an adapter that would attach to the head and the SC to make the bolt pattern to work?
Old 07-26-2007, 10:26 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by numbnuts22715 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats known as an lsvtec...

do a search for that and youll find al the answeres youre looking for.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You dumbass, why didn't you just tell the info he asked for and neeeded instead of of being an *** and posting "Search".

To the OP, yes the intake bolt patterns are different. I don't know how much different or how different or lined up the ports are though.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: LS Supercharged issue (2001JRSC_LS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2001JRSC_LS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">he has never had it tuned since the build up</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well I hate to shoot the messenger, but he'd be much better off (for motor longevity and power) to get it tuned with an actual EMS, rather than a V-AFC and a ignition retard module. I'd bet he'd make as much power with the LS and an EMS like crome or neptune than he'd make with it 'untuned' with the v-afc and vtec.

Anyways, their are 3 different intake bolt patterns: LS, GSR and B16/TYpe-R. He'd be better off selling the unit and getting a new one for the respective head. To keep it he'd be chopping off the flange, welding on a new one ($$$$$), and ending up with a weaker manifold that has required lots of $ and work/time, and on top of it - used for 10k miles. His options are to get some 403's or 404 cams and make another 25 more whp, or get a vtec head for 30-40 more whp.

BTW GSR and LS throttle bodies are both 60mm.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS Supercharged issue (HiProfile)

^^Pretty much sums it up
Old 07-26-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Re: (F20Cteg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by F20Cteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You dumbass, why didn't you just tell the info he asked for and neeeded instead of of being an *** and posting "Search".

To the OP, yes the intake bolt patterns are different. I don't know how much different or how different or lined up the ports are though.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow, youre a **********. Go off yourself.

Telling someone everying about the lsvtec in one thread is nearly impossible. The topic is far too complex to describe in a single post. He asked how to put a vtec head on his ls engine, I told him how to find his answer. Nothing is just given to you in this world, you have to work for it.
Although the supercharger wouldnt bolt up to to the vtec head, its possible to do what hiprofile said, but the best choice would to buy a new supercharger as it would destroy the strength of the manifold.
HiProfile had some very good suggestions.

I really like how all the newer members are cocky and rude and try to tell the older members what to do... I like how you tell me to answer the question whenever your answer really didnt help much either.. just confirmed what he had already said. Cool
Old 07-27-2007, 12:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, some people on here need an attitude adjustment
Old 07-27-2007, 01:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: LS Supercharged issue (2001JRSC_LS)

The other issue is that the LS JRSC kit comes with a much smaller blower than the VTEC kit comes with and you want the bigger blower to feed the motor air when you wind it up and VTEC engages.

The VTEC kits also have some nice upgrades available, like high-boost stepper pulleys, intercooling, and blower porting, that can get the WHP up near 300.

So do an LSVTEC, then get a blower kit that matches the head that you put on it.

For tuning your options may be limited with an OBD2 car in CA, but there are some decent piggyback options like the AEM F/IC that should let you get a pretty good tune on it:

http://www.aempower.com/ViewCa...D=116
Old 07-27-2007, 09:41 PM

He wasn't asking about how to make an LS/VTEC motor dumbass. He simply wanted to know if there were any intake flange differences and I answered is question.

You just said search like a arrogant *******. That's pretty typical of people who think they are upscale OG HT cause they joined before someone esle, but in reality are lonely individuals that don't have any friends, babble on HT, beat off to pics of their sister, and basically antisocial individuals that need to be removed from the gene pool.

LS/V complex? You are an idiot.

Weaken the manifold? If YOU welded it sure it would.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by numbnuts22715 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Telling someone everying about the lsvtec in one thread is nearly impossible. The topic is far too complex to describe in a single post. He asked how to put a vtec head on his ls engine, I told him how to find his answer. Nothing is just given to you in this world, you have to work for it.
Although the supercharger wouldnt bolt up to to the vtec head, its possible to do what hiprofile said, but the best choice would to buy a new supercharger as it would destroy the strength of the manifold.

I really like how all the newer members are cocky and rude and try to tell the older members what to do... I like how you tell me to answer the question whenever your answer really didnt help much either.. just confirmed what he had already said. Cool </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-27-2007, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by numbnuts22715 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wow, youre a **********. Go off yourself.

I really like how all the newer members are cocky and rude and try to tell the older members what to do... I like how you tell me to answer the question whenever your answer really didnt help much either.. just confirmed what he had already said. Cool </TD></TR></TABLE>

LMFAO what is this H-T seniority
Old 07-28-2007, 07:16 AM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

Default Re: LS Supercharged issue (Mr Wonderfull)

*** the dumg shi t... sell the blower and put together a turbo kit... also that setup sounds way too clean to leave fuel management up to fmu, vafc, or any other witchcraft half *** way of doing it...
Old 07-28-2007, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS Supercharged issue (oneludesol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oneludesol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">*** the dumg shi t... sell the blower and put together a turbo kit... also that setup sounds way too clean to leave fuel management up to fmu, vafc, or any other witchcraft half *** way of doing it...</TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe he likes superchargers
Old 07-28-2007, 09:44 AM
GDD's Dr. Phil?

Default Re: LS Supercharged issue (tony413)

then he will need a new one...
Old 07-28-2007, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (F20Cteg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by F20Cteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He wasn't asking about how to make an LS/VTEC motor dumbass. He simply wanted to know if there were any intake flange differences and I answered is question.

You just said search like a arrogant *******. That's pretty typical of people who think they are upscale OG HT cause they joined before someone esle, but in reality are lonely individuals that don't have any friends, babble on HT, beat off to pics of their sister, and basically antisocial individuals that need to be removed from the gene pool.

LS/V complex? You are an idiot.

Weaken the manifold? If YOU welded it sure it would.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

some people have reading comprehension problems and fail to understand the question in hand.

to add some input, to my knowledge there is no adapter plates but IIRC i remember reading something about someone modifying a B16 intake manifold to fit an LS by redrilling the bolt holes. your best bet would be to get a stock LS manifold and a B16 gasket and match them up and see how much work actually has to be done to make it fit. it might actually just be as simple and drilling some new holes.

if your father is dead set on having VTEC then its going to be a bit of work and a bunch of money, but like someone else said if he wants to do it for more power a tune will net him btter numbers then just bolting on a vtec head untuned.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i havent read the whole tread but this might be a possibility could u just swap out the intake manni that hold the jrsc we put one on my friends b16 and i seen that there is that intake casting that could be swaped out to fit other heads and still bolt up your sc. Hope this help
Old 07-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (nihad)

you would not want to use a non vtec jrsc kit on a vtec even if you got the manifold holes redrilled.
ports on manifold would be way smaller and the non vtec sc pushes 45cc vs. 62 for the vtec one.
you can fit a m62 to your ls though, it has been done