Notices

looking for someone who tunes that could come to me. my location is in thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for someone who tunes that could come to me. my location is in thread

I live in Gate City VA Which is 20 miles to the west of Bristol TN/VA

if you lived where i do what would you guys do?
im no where near ready to get tuned but would like to know how i could get this done when i get what i want and am ready for a tune

the car will either be a crx or hatch or older teg....something in that year range....nothing new

and the whp range will be less than 500whp

this is the reason i started the thread that you guys where hating on here https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/question-about-using-edelbrock-intake-4-extra-injectors-2637606/ about using 4 extra injectors and an edelbrock intake manifold......if i did that i could tune the fueling with an additional injector controller and use something from split second to retard the timing

i know what a car's AF should be and i know how the timing should be but i have zero experience in tuning at all, but i would love to learn, so if i wanted to try to tune it myself what would the best program to use for a first timer be.

there is a dyno within 10-15 miles from my house that has pretty good prices, but the shop that has the dyno is a domestic shop and that s all they will touch

there used to be a guy that i know is on here, i just do not know his name...he was a nissan tech and had a hatch that was the body style from the late 80's early 90's that tuned his own car and ran either low 11's or high 10's and this was 3-5 years ago at least and it was at bristol dragway........and im almost positive he tuned his own car, and if this is the same guy im thinking of he is in florida now and has a Bright blue CRX

sorry for all that but thats the only local i've seen who tuned a FI honda without just using a s-afc or some other simple piggyback like that

but if i can't find someone to tune a car, then there isn't any point in turboing one ya know?
i'd just like to have something simple like a stock d with a t3 and about 200whp for a daily, for the time being
i would like to do this until i can save up to fix my 1.8t beetle or the honda i get exactly how i want it and not half *** it

Last edited by spoolin turbo s; 09-05-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:48 AM
HT White Ops

Default Re: looking for someone who tunes that could come to me. my location is in thread

Seriously? You ask so many stupid questions man, you really do. Do you ever plan to turbo a car? You don't even have a car and your asking about tuning? You should be asking if anyone can help you find the shell you want. Its cool you wanna learn but seriously man get the ****ing car and build it then worry about this type of ****. Stop bullshitting...
Old 09-06-2009, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: looking for someone who tunes that could come to me. my location is in thread

lulz...
Old 09-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If I were the OP I would just pretend like I was trollin.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no point in building anything if in the end it can't be tuned

everything would be for nothing

i have a turbo beetle and all it takes is a chip and the fueling and 500whp+ have been made easily like this

but i don't have enough money to get my beetle the way i want it and i want a daily beater and have always wanted a crx ever since they came out

i just don't get how you guys don't understand why im asking this before i start buying anything
Old 09-07-2009, 01:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im in a gracious mood tonight so ill bite....

seriously man you can tune ANY honda with some exceptions to the newer honda's and acura's. hell you can even tune a honda Odyssey minivan that has a H22 in it.

i would research crome, hondata, and neptune. these are all tuning solutions for honda's in general. worst case scenario if you find a car you like and there is nothing to tune it with you can get a full standalone like a motec, or the AEM EMS.

start researching
Old 09-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by spoolin turbo s

but i don't have enough money to get my beetle the way i want it and i want a daily beater and have always wanted a crx ever since they came out
Mini Statistics

Date of Birth
May 30, 1982 (27)
Total Posts

So you've wanted a CRX since you were 2 years old? I rofl'ed pretty ****** hard man, not gonna lie.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They have systems like megasquirt, sds ems, and if u just wiki engine management system it will pull up alot of piggy back or full management systems that aren,t heard of if u wanna b different. some are fully diy.

I understand where u are coming from but also understand where these guys are coming from, i guess they think ur an imposer or sumthing lol,but i would like to research a car b4 i buy it this way u kno ur getting a fully capable car that u throw money into for it to b slo azz hell.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wuts tuning?
Old 09-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

when the fvck did we get ice cream!?
Old 09-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I know of an ectune authorize tuner in the western half of NC, http://blueridgemotorsports.com

Your only problem is they don't like flakey people who don't do research. If you can pick your ultimate goals and parts, they'd be very happy to do it for you. With a stock ecu, injectors, and working stock O2, you won't have a problem driving there. Just get there early, swap the injectors, and let them at it.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am an authorized ectune tuner, am close to you and travel isn't a problem. Pm me if you like.

Blue Ridge Motorsports, along with every other ectune tuner I have came in contact with are all excellent tuners and you can not go wrong with any of them.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lolz dude got flammed
but hey man, im from bristol TN and there use to be a place called motor mavericks in johnson city TN that could tune cars pretty good, my buddie had a DC2 tuned there w. b16a2 that make 505WHP to the wheels , try finding them and there are a few other tuner places within the tricities, you gota seach the local area and get in touch with some tuners in bristol ( chris combs ) out on west state street. look for him hell help you out but really man you dont have a car yet so i would get the car then look at getting parts and building it then getting it tuned at least (for a well built and tuned car) 6-months to a year depending on your cash flow