Notices

looking for h22 turbo log manifold dyno numbers and manufacturer.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for h22 turbo log manifold dyno numbers and manufacturer.

looking for h22 turbo log manifold dyno numbers and manufacturer. (posted in prelude forum as well)

We all know log manifolds are restrictive. The point of this is not to see who makes the best log manifold but to see if log manifolds are too restrictive for the h-series motors and if they create any backpressure that could cause an issue.
Looking for stock and built motor results.

Please post:
1) how much whp
2) how much boost you are running
3) what brand log manifold you are using (not as important but helps)
4) stock or built motor
5) any issues you may have run into.

I know different turbo's will produce different numbers but i'm just looking to see if log manifolds can handle the power, so the turbo isn't as important, but you can list that also if you'd like.
--------------
Old 12-05-2007, 11:20 AM

Default Re: looking for h22 turbo log manifold dyno numbers and manufacturer. (oranginal)

Anything CDM flows great. I personally would go with tubular. Great company by the name of ssutochrome. Check them out.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: looking for h22 turbo log manifold dyno numbers and manufacturer. (oranginal)

I've made over 400 whp on a log, then the owner sprayed a 75 shot on top of it with no problems. There's video of the car in question strolling a GSX-R 750, I'll see if I can't dig it up.

Most of the anti-log nonsense is just that. Logs spool faster, and if they make less power per psi you can still get 95% of what power the turbo you run is rated for. One out of twenty turbo owners max their compressor out, so the argument is a non-issue. Logs get the job done!
Old 12-05-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Re: looking for h22 turbo log manifold dyno numbers and manufacturer. (Joseph Davis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Joseph Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've made over 400 whp on a log, then the owner sprayed a 75 shot on top of it with no problems. There's video of the car in question strolling a GSX-R 750, I'll see if I can't dig it up.

Most of the anti-log nonsense is just that. Logs spool faster, and if they make less power per psi you can still get 95% of what power the turbo you run is rated for. One out of twenty turbo owners max their compressor out, so the argument is a non-issue. Logs get the job done!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 12-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

log FTW!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jeffsciv23)

what would inspire anyone to go with anything other than a log???
Old 12-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs
Rolls over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack and fits on your back?
It's Log, Log, Log!

It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!
Everyone wants a log! You're gonna love it, Log!
Come on and get your log! Everyone needs a Log!
Old 12-05-2007, 01:12 PM

top log?

Name:  manifold002.jpg
Views: 3329
Size:  66.0 KB

Name:  manifold006.jpg
Views: 1179
Size:  47.2 KB
Old 12-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

would like to specify that these are h22's using a log manifold i would like to see
Old 12-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oranginal &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">would like to specify that these are h22's using a log manifold i would like to see</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why does that matter? flow rates are flow rates, h22's flow worse then a b series.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: looking for h22 turbo log manifold dyno numbers and manufacturer. (Blind-Fashion)

can't say im proud i did it...but i made 505 on a log manifold when i had an H in one of my personal cars.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: looking for h22 turbo log manifold dyno numbers and manufacturer. (Turbo-charged)

If full race sold a log for $1000 99% of Honda-tech would own one,but since logs are cheap u cant use one and be cool on HT
Old 12-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We make them, there not on our site yet but we do make them.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: looking for h22 turbo log manifold dyno numbers and manufacturer. (Joseph Davis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Joseph Davis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Most of the anti-log nonsense is just that. Logs spool faster, and if they make less power per psi you can still get 95% of what power the turbo you run is rated for. One out of twenty turbo owners max their compressor out, so the argument is a non-issue. Logs get the job done!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I completely disagree. The reason they spool faster is because there is so much more pre turbine pressure. Pressure and turbulance in the manifold causes exhaust reversion which causes detonation in anything with a decent size cam in it, which the H22's have. I've seen huge differences in power and knock limits on the better breathing honda motors (B vtec,H, and F) (the K is bad, but you can help work around it with the cam control) between log manifolds and anything that points the runners at the turbine. It's not about runner length or anything else, it's about cylinders 1 and 4 not firing directly at one another. I'm talking about true log manifolds, not a halfway decent cast manifold or short tubular.

Something like an LS motor is much less affected by a shitty manifold and small turbo because the cams are so small and have so little overlap.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:20 PM

Top nog log ftw.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: looking for h22 turbo log manifold dyno numbers and manufacturer. (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I completely disagree. The reason they spool faster is because there is so much more pre turbine pressure. Pressure and turbulance in the manifold causes exhaust reversion which causes detonation in anything with a decent size cam in it, which the H22's have. I've seen huge differences in power and knock limits on the better breathing honda motors (B vtec,H, and F) (the K is bad, but you can help work around it with the cam control) between log manifolds and anything that points the runners at the turbine. It's not about runner length or anything else, it's about cylinders 1 and 4 not firing directly at one another. I'm talking about true log manifolds, not a halfway decent cast manifold or short tubular.

Something like an LS motor is much less affected by a shitty manifold and small turbo because the cams are so small and have so little overlap.</TD></TR></TABLE> Too much tech, Just say the logs are great and watch 99% of the nut swingers buy them
Old 12-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: looking for h22 turbo log manifold dyno numbers and manufacturer. (nicko360)

Sorry, didn't mean to hurt the home made turbo guy's feelings...
Old 12-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: looking for h22 turbo log manifold dyno numbers and manufacturer. (tony1)

not a fan of logs and never been, i had a custom tubular one built for mine.

Name:  454hp016.jpg
Views: 1085
Size:  86.2 KB
Old 12-05-2007, 08:21 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry, didn't mean to hurt the home made turbo guy's feelings... </TD></TR></TABLE> Impossible we love HT and the over technical threads.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: looking for h22 turbo log manifold dyno numbers and manufacturer. (88_DX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 88_DX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Impossible we love HT and the over technical threads. </TD></TR></TABLE>

um no
Old 12-05-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Re: looking for h22 turbo log manifold dyno numbers and manufacturer. (.RTErnie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RTErnie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

um no</TD></TR></TABLE> OK
Old 12-05-2007, 11:45 PM

Okie i had to register for this debate.

Is there any conclusive proof that Tubular is better than log?

Cos from what i have figured out is that the LOG is the way to go. How ever the Log can Be Improved. and i feel if you have a Small cc a Log is imperative for the "yo the boost just kicked in effect".

I chuck my log for a Tubular mani and i got 30% more lag, total powe is the same just more lag but i was assured, the car will have Better FLOW. and i am yet to see it i have a 150i Turbo btw.

I propose the 4-2-1 Log Manifold.

Logs have great Spool and great Thermal Effecincy, but crack for ****

Tubualr. Lag, but never crack and have Better Flow(apparently)

So we gotta make a Hybrid. any suggestion or Hybrid designs already out there?
Old 12-06-2007, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Something like an LS motor is much less affected by a shitty manifold and small turbo because the cams are so small and have so little overlap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

100% Correct. Throw a large size turbo on and then things go to hell really quickly.

I've tuned probably 15+ H series with log manifolds and it's always the same result minus the freak one that I did with a rev-hard ghetto rigged kit. The worst possible log for the H series is the Drag manifold. Here are some dyno charts if you don't believe me.

I really can't believe you guys are questioning if a tubular is better than the traditional log style manifold. The only log style I would ever consider recommending would be the inline pro... which to me isn't really a true 'log'. I would say 80% of the log style set-ups are pretty rigged that I come across. The reason though why most H guys run log styles are due to keeping AC/PS.

Now to provide proof that a 'log' style can work would be from the one freak motor I tuned. It used an older rev-hard style manifold and everything else was pretty much custom and 100% rigged. The car smoked like a chimney due to the oil return, the piping barely fit, the engine bay was a mess, the alternator kept frying, and there were more problems with this car than britney spears has with taking care of her children. And when I say rigged I mean the car could have honestly passed as something that was being taken to a junk yard. The car would have broken 500whp all day long but we maxed the wastegate/boost controller out.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

to the OP:

for all intents and purposes, a log is fine.

If you want to spend too much money and do JDM poses in your engine bay, you will want an equal length, tigged SS manifold
Old 12-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TTIWWOP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TTIWWOP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">to the OP:

for all intents and purposes, a log is fine.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Define "fine". By "fine" do you mean it won't make as much power and will cause detonation?

Quick Reply: looking for h22 turbo log manifold dyno numbers and manufacturer.