Notices

Looking for a good turbo for my 99 ex.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a good turbo for my 99 ex.

whatup im looking for a new or fairly used turbo for my civic, mayba a t25? anyways, if anyone knows where i can find a good cheap turbo, please tell me. My civic has I/E/H intake maniold, 5 spd conversion, etc.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:31 PM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking for a good turbo for my 99 ex. (ablamaster1)

YOUR I/H will have to go to **** (Except cone) you should read up more before posting something like this, and it belongs in CLASSFIELDS section too
Old 05-26-2004, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ablamaster1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whatup im looking for a new or fairly used turbo for my civic, mayba a t25? anyways, if anyone knows where i can find a good cheap turbo, please tell me. My civic has I/E/H intake maniold, 5 spd conversion, etc.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Here this may help.......https://honda-tech.com/zerosearch

type in turbo, or t25.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:13 AM

Default Re: Looking for a good turbo for my 99 ex. (ABK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ABK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and it belongs in CLASSFIELDS section too</TD></TR></TABLE>

hes still trial he cannot post in CLASSIFIEDS yet.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:48 AM

So, you just gonna slap that bad boy on that are hope it works?
Old 05-27-2004, 05:32 AM

Default Re: Looking for a good turbo for my 99 ex. (2manycars2choose)

I mean why wouldn't it work? once i get this turbo, downpipe, wastegate, bov, etc, it should fit just fine.
Old 05-27-2004, 05:57 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2manycars2choose &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So, you just gonna slap that bad boy on that are hope it works? </TD></TR></TABLE>

My thoughts exactly.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ablamaster1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I mean why wouldn't it work? once i get this turbo, downpipe, wastegate, bov, etc, it should fit just fine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep, because thats all you will need to boost a Honda motor safely. Please video tape your first run and post it up here.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:59 AM

Default Re: Looking for a good turbo for my 99 ex. (Tony Starks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tony Starks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yep, because thats all you will need to boost a Honda motor safely. Please video tape your first run and post it up here.</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha yeah do that cause i wanna see this also.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:04 AM

Probly better off just getting a greddy kit. Comes with everything you need includeing e-manage, and a effecient turbo. Although you have to have the e0-1 boost controller or a laptop to tune it but, but a tuned tubo dseries on like 10 psi at the track can run a high 13 with good driving on drag radials
Old 05-27-2004, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

blah blah blah...
your whole current setup will go to ****. if you're looking to get a turbo kit, you will replace your I/H/E. you want to learn about FI (Forced Induction)?
READ in the Forced Induction forum.
https://honda-tech.com/zeroforum?id=49

while you're here...

Please read the forum Rules and Guidelines.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=797969
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1. Please do a search on your question BEFORE you post a topic.
Please try searching numerous key words under "recent" and "archived" topics in this forum and in the Hybrid Forum, or any other forum that applies to your topic at hand.

This forum is being ruined by too many of the same tired "B16A vs. B18C1?" topics and "Should I boost my SOHC or Get a Swap?" type topics. We understand that you want guidance, but rather than post an open topic, why not o some searching and find members here that have had successful builds/swaps and carry on an IM conversation with him or her?

We do care about what you want to do, but when we have literally 10 open topics about the exact same thing it gets highly annoying. This MB is here for ALL of us, not just one person who thinks we should all cater to him or her by posting in his or her topic while he or she NEVER performs searches and doesn't even browse the topics in the first few pages of the forum.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-27-2004, 08:30 AM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tony Starks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Yep, because thats all you will need to boost a Honda motor safely. Please video tape your first run and post it up here.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wonna see that run too!!! As I said you need to read up more.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:39 AM

I didnt list everything i am buying to boost my civic, i dont think i need new pistons for 10 psi, any what do you think will go so wrong with my setup?
Old 05-27-2004, 11:59 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ablamaster1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I didnt list everything i am buying to boost my civic, i dont think i need new pistons for 10 psi, any what do you think will go so wrong with my setup?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was gonna chime in with something to make fun of you and have a good laugh, but I figured I'd try to help instead. (must...suppress...darkside...)

For starters, you can kiss your intake and header goodbye. At most you'll be able to use your exhaust. Next, you have to realistically consider what you want from the car. If you want 10psi (which dosen't tell you anything about hp expectations) then expect to be riding the very thin line between making power and going home on a flatbed. Finally, engine management will make or break your combo. If you're going to pinch pennies on everything else, then spend money here. You're eventually going to have to spend it on something somewhere to keep the whole thing together, and this is it.

BTW, on a T25, there's no possible way you'll run high 13's (3 seconds less than you run now) at only 10psi unless you cut the back half of the car off in an attept to shave 500+lbs.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Looking for a good turbo for my 99 ex. (1316130057)

yea i understand the intake and header will go, but what kind of engine managmenet will i need? someone told me i don't need bigger injectors for 10 psi, is that true? and what do you pmean by "pennying" everything else? What is so shitty about the setup? thanks, jonathan
Old 05-27-2004, 01:20 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ablamaster1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea i understand the intake and header will go, but what kind of engine managmenet will i need? someone told me i don't need bigger injectors for 10 psi, is that true? and what do you pmean by "pennying" everything else? What is so shitty about the setup? thanks, jonathan</TD></TR></TABLE>

1: What make and model of civic do you have? - need to know that one in order to answer the engine management question.

2: Your stock injectors definitely will not cut the mustard. You can dig-up some Prelude (310cc) or DSM (450cc - too big for you at the time) injectors for next to nothing.

3: "pinching pennies" is a term reffering to using the least expensive components to build the car. This is all well and good, but in order to make all these cost-efficient components stay together and get along, you'll have to invest in some engine management.

4: What's shitty about the setup so far is the internals. They're relatively weak and the D-series clutches (so I'm told) are a few steps away from the dumpster. You'll make about 250hp before really needing to upgrade any other hardware (presuming that your engine isn't already beat to death). If I were in your shoes, the first thing I'd do is get a compression check. If your numbers are too low, then you'd only end-up blowing it up eventually anyway. A compression check will give you some foresight into any such problems.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:25 AM

i have a 99 civic ex, i will look into getting bigger injectors then, any prelude injectors will fit? so i also need a new clutch? thanks
Old 05-28-2004, 10:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ablamaster1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a 99 civic ex, i will look into getting bigger injectors then, any prelude injectors will fit? so i also need a new clutch? thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

Since your car is OBD2, I'd recomend an AEM system (buck$) or if you're up for the conversion, go OBD1 and go Uberdata/Hondata. Uberdata is free to own. Injectors of of the 93-98 prelured (as far as I know) are direct slap-ons. I'm clueless about replacement D-series clutches.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:56 PM

sounds good, which do you think is the cheaper? and is one better than the other?
Old 05-29-2004, 02:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ablamaster1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sounds good, which do you think is the cheaper? and is one better than the other?</TD></TR></TABLE>

That, my friend, is a debate that's been going on since the dawn of OBD.

Hondata and Uberdata will allow you to achieve identical results on your car. One costs $500+ (Hondata) and the other costs nothing (Uberdata). AEM has more tunability, but is it worth $1100 when rediculously cheaper and arguably equatible options can be had? That is up for you to decide.
Old 05-30-2004, 03:49 PM

this may sound dumb, but how can uberdata be the same for nothing? and where can i get uberdata? So do you know of ay problems with uberdata besdes the lack of tunability options? thanks, jonathan
Old 05-31-2004, 11:19 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ablamaster1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this may sound dumb, but how can uberdata be the same for nothing? and where can i get uberdata? So do you know of ay problems with uberdata besdes the lack of tunability options? thanks, jonathan</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, woah woah...Uberdata dosen't have any limitations on tunability options. It's just that all of the chip burning software (like Hondata, Uberdata, etc) has only made it so far in available options. The Honda ECU dosen't have all of the capabilities that some aftermarket full replacement ECU will have. There are many benefits that the Honda ECU has that no aftermarket unit can equal, but for a variety of reasons, they have not been brought to the front. In either case, Hondata/Chrome/TurboEdit/Uberdata/Ghettodyne are all chip burning software that are extremely capable of managing 500hp cars. Fortunately for the Honda community, thanks to Blake (author of Uberdata) paying for engine management is as logical now as paying for ****. Chrome/TurboEdit/Ghettodyne are all in the same free boat.

To DL uberdata, hit their home page, but before you DL it (try it out. It won't hurt) search here for it, then go to uber's messageboard and take a look around. The learning curve there is tight and there's somewhat of an unspoken word about educating complete noobs. Those that are unknowledgable stand a higher chance of screwing up a car and coming on H-T and saying "Uberdata sucks and screwed up my car!!" so make an effort to try to de-noobify yor self before posting any questions. If you have any basic questions pertaining to usability, there is a FAQ, but it's not very indepth. Shoot me a PM and I'd be willing to help. The Uberdata home page is http://www.ecimulti.org if I remember correctly. The latest version is 1.6666 as far as I know. There are considerable differences in the earlier versions, so avoid them as all of your questions may be irrelevant. GL
Old 05-31-2004, 08:58 PM

sounds good man i appreciate it, im going to look into uberdata for sure
Old 06-01-2004, 06:45 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ablamaster1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sounds good man i appreciate it, im going to look into uberdata for sure</TD></TR></TABLE>

No problem, and Good luck.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:09 PM

well, so much for uberdata, a truck totalled my civic this morning, goddamn rednecks, jonathan.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:18 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ablamaster1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, so much for uberdata, a truck totalled my civic this morning, goddamn rednecks, jonathan.</TD></TR></TABLE>
That blows. Time to get some insurance $$ and get a well-built hatch.

Quick Reply: Looking for a good turbo for my 99 ex.