Notices

Looking for a good qaulity but not popular turbo manifold for d-series

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for a good qaulity but not popular turbo manifold for d-series

Hey. I'm almost at the turbo end of my build and I am starting to look for a turbo manifold. I was hoping you guys could help. Preferably a t3 flange. I'd like a good qaulity (dirr ) manifold but maybe from a company thats not too well known that some people vouche for. Here in Colorado the roads suck, so it has to be a good product, but I was thinking of going the not so common route again and running something not to well know the give that company some publicity. So if you have any recomendations please post and if possible a link to the product.

I was looking at the tuner toyz manifold and like what I see so far and it's reasonably price i.m.o. I was also thinking of having one custom made but I was curious to how much it'd run, so if any of you have ever had a manifold custom made, please give pictures and an approximate price and the type and thickness of the material used.

Thanks!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Looking for a good qaulity but not popular turbo manifold for d-series (sohczcturbo)

if ur worried about durability get a cast manifold drag style it supports up to 400whp and will spull up faster than other types of manis and will last forever.. if ur not into looks that is
Old 09-10-2007, 06:01 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as i'm sure THEDirtyDseriesWOOT will agree, get a manifold from SLS and you wont be disappointed. I have one and absolutely love it....the quality is great and i know the guys at SLS will stand behind their warranty.

http://www.straightlinespecialties.com
Old 09-10-2007, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Schister66)

Thanks for the posts.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THEDirtyDseriesWOOT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if ur worried about durability get a cast manifold drag style it supports up to 400whp and will spull up faster than other types of manis and will last forever.. if ur not into looks that is</TD></TR></TABLE>
Looks are in consideration, but so is money, so I'm looking for a balance. Don't want to spend more that $450 on a manifold, and I'd prefer something the had "visible" runners for the looks department. But a cast manifold is in consideration. I checked the SLS site and I like their "Mini-Log" manifold. The price is reasonable and all the specs seem to add up to take more than what I'll throw at it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I have one and absolutely love it....the quality is great and i know the guys at SLS will stand behind their warranty.
[/url]</TD></TR></TABLE>

What manifold did you end up going with?

Within a mere 2 minutes (probably less) of posting this topic RC Autoworks sent me a p.m. and asked me to take a look at their product. I am very pleased that they approached me, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside lol but seriously, I like that kind of attention. Makes me feel like they want my business, like I'm not just another customer . I like their manifolds a lot, but although the prices are within my spending limits, it's still kind of high. After talking to them, or should I say haggling, he offered me a pretty good deal. So they are in consideration as well.

Please keep the recomendations coming. I appreciate any input put into this.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 09-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bumpidy