Notices

Looking to buy a Top mount tubular turbo manifold..who makes the best one?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy a Top mount tubular turbo manifold..who makes the best one?

im looking to get a top mount turbo manifold..who on here makes the best one..or a good one for a decent price?
Old 11-25-2005, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking to buy a Top mount tubular turbo manifold..who makes the best one? (DC4cedInducted)

for best full-race gets my vote
Old 11-25-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Looking to buy a Top mount tubular turbo manifold..who makes the best one? (DC4cedInducted)

ya full race gets my vote too.......
Old 11-25-2005, 05:48 PM

what about the people who make custom ones..im sorry,i just cant see myself spending 800 to 1000 on a manifold.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DC4cedInducted)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC4cedInducted &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what about the people who make custom ones..im sorry,i just cant see myself spending 800 to 1000 on a manifold.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then you're not getting a top mount. They all almost cost $800+. One-Fab, Neukin, etc. all make top mounts also.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:02 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

SSAC

Full Race. Hands down
Old 11-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Abi is selling his top mount in the FI classifieds
Old 11-25-2005, 06:19 PM
Banned

Default Re: (paul vang)

June (AF-P Sales) had a full race top mount with 4" Downpipe. Its definatly a beautiful piece. It will run you an arm and leg.

Phil (Spoolin Performance) has released his topmounts. I think there $8XX...
PM him..

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1404253

He makes quality stuff at very kick @$$ pricing. I myself have sent him about 3 customers and made 2 purchases from him for my own cars.

Ricky

Old 11-25-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: (JDM_EH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Then you're not getting a top mount. They all almost cost $800+. One-Fab, Neukin, etc. all make top mounts also. </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol you forgot spoolinperformance also does top mounts too by special request....phil=manifold pimp

EDIT- ^ he beat me to it
Old 11-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I love my 1Fab

Old 11-25-2005, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking to buy a Top mount tubular turbo manifold..who makes the best one? (SC61HB)

Full Race

Old 11-25-2005, 06:39 PM
rhd

why do you want a top mount? do you NEED it?
Old 11-25-2005, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM_EH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Then you're not getting a top mount. They all almost cost $800+. One-Fab, Neukin, etc. all make top mounts also. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you think they're any harder to make than a ram-horn? fu-ck no; paying more than $500 for a top or ram-horn manifold is rediculous; most can be made for LESS THAN $100 worth of pipe and some filler rod.

And to the poster: look around, contact some fabricators and see what they'll charge... Or if you're up to it make one yourself, I made my own ram-horn and wound up buying a welder a shitload of supplies and enough parts to make my manifold for way less than most would pay for a full-ripoff.
Top mount's aren't much more difficult than a ram-horn; even all the looopy doo **** that they do isn't too difficult to make; just takes some more thought. If i ever get bored with my current ram-horn i've considered building a top mount just for fun.

Anyway good luck!
Old 11-25-2005, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

spoolin performance has one out now too. if youre looking for some quality made products without a killer price tag hit him up

http://www.spoolinperformance.com
Old 11-25-2005, 07:08 PM
In-N-Out Burger

Default Re: (Pay2play killa)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pay2play killa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you think they're any harder to make than a ram-horn? fu-ck no; paying more than $500 for a top or ram-horn manifold is rediculous; most can be made for LESS THAN $100 worth of pipe and some filler rod.

And to the poster: look around, contact some fabricators and see what they'll charge... Or if you're up to it make one yourself, I made my own ram-horn and wound up buying a welder a shitload of supplies and enough parts to make my manifold for way less than most would pay for a full-ripoff.
Top mount's aren't much more difficult than a ram-horn; even all the looopy doo **** that they do isn't too difficult to make; just takes some more thought. If i ever get bored with my current ram-horn i've considered building a top mount just for fun.

Anyway good luck!</TD></TR></TABLE>

You claim you spent so much less on your stuff.
How much overall was spent on the manifold materials less the welding tool.

And let's see some pictures... Tig welded? Backpurged?
Old 11-25-2005, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking to buy a Top mount tubular turbo manifold..who makes the best one? (SC61HB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SC61HB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I love my 1Fab

</TD></TR></TABLE>

for the quality and price hands down one fab
Old 11-25-2005, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NightRider-gsR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NightRider-gsR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
You claim you spent so much less on your stuff.
How much overall was spent on the manifold materials less the welding tool.

And let's see some pictures... Tig welded? Backpurged?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i spent maybe $120 on flanges and all the pipe; i could have saved about $30 by cutting out some extras (that i bought incase i messed up) and buying the flanges from someone else. Also a 2lb spool of stainless wire cost me $18 and 40cu ft of argon cost me $12; i don't even consider those in the cost as they've been used on many other projects besides just my manifold.
It was mig welded; not the prettiest welds but they've held up for nearly 3k miles; no cracks; only a few leaks that i missed welding on. Welds were not back purged; ask around a lot of the big name guys dont back purge; it's not 100% necissary. I still have about 4' of stainless pipe left over; i'm thinking about making another collector or two just to have and to practice with.
V2.0 if there is a version 2.0 will be tig'd with my harbor freight tig welder. I'm in the process of making some log manifolds for some people and they're turning out nice; i'm getting better at tig but I ran out of stainless filler rod (only bought about 6 3' rods when i bought supplies)
Old 11-25-2005, 07:53 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pay2play killa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i spent maybe $120 on flanges and all the pipe; i could have saved about $30 by cutting out some extras (that i bought incase i messed up) and buying the flanges from someone else. Also a 2lb spool of stainless wire cost me $18 and 40cu ft of argon cost me $12; i don't even consider those in the cost as they've been used on many other projects besides just my manifold.
It was mig welded; not the prettiest welds but they've held up for nearly 3k miles; no cracks; only a few leaks that i missed welding on. Welds were not back purged; ask around a lot of the big name guys dont back purge; it's not 100% necissary. I still have about 4' of stainless pipe left over; i'm thinking about making another collector or two just to have and to practice with.
V2.0 if there is a version 2.0 will be tig'd with my harbor freight tig welder. I'm in the process of making some log manifolds for some people and they're turning out nice; i'm getting better at tig but I ran out of stainless filler rod (only bought about 6 3' rods when i bought supplies)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Show us some pics of these awesome manifolds you are making How many hours did it take to make that manifold? What are you using to make these mani's? Sch40, sch10, steel soda pop cans? Are you going to make manifolds for everybody and not charge anything for labor? What is your warranty policy?
Old 11-25-2005, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Show us some pics of these awesome manifolds you are making How many hours did it take to make that manifold? What are you using to make these mani's? Sch40, sch10, steel soda pop cans? Are you going to make manifolds for everybody and not charge anything for labor? What is your warranty policy? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not selling manifolds; these are diy for myself and close friends; I encourage everyone to do it themselves.
Everything i've made so far is out of sch10 stainless and mild steel flanges; like everyone else.
The ram-horn took a while; i put in probably 15hrs of fab time; a lot of cutting and fitting and the collector took the majority of that time but i learned how. the logs dont take a few hours to cut and weld; tig'ing them takes a lot longer than mig but its a lot cleaner
Old 11-25-2005, 10:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pay2play killa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm not selling manifolds; these are diy for myself and close friends; I encourage everyone to do it themselves.
Everything i've made so far is out of sch10 stainless and mild steel flanges; like everyone else.
The ram-horn took a while; i put in probably 15hrs of fab time; a lot of cutting and fitting and the collector took the majority of that time but i learned how. the logs dont take a few hours to cut and weld; tig'ing them takes a lot longer than mig but its a lot cleaner</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am all for DIY, but if you add up all the costs and make a living on the manifolds, I think that everyone has decently fair prices. There is a lot of time and effort that go into making each one. If you think you are just paying for materials that is retarded. And I would want a manifold that is backpurged, that is your only real gurantee to some decent welds all around. But I am by no means a fabricator, I just think the prices are fair for the work that goes into them.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:26 PM
BCICAN

Default Re: (93turbo16)

full-race
Old 11-25-2005, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dunc)

Cmon now, no ones top mount is hotter than Full-Race's
Old 11-25-2005, 11:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Pooptooth)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pooptooth &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no ones top mount is hotter than Full-Race's</TD></TR></TABLE>

You want the best? FULL-RACE all the way.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pay2play killa,
compare your materials to the ones used by full-race. compare your welds to theirs. then go mount your mani in your car and go stand on the mani and tell me if it breaks.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:25 AM

Thank you..for the people who werent bashing,and telling me "Full Race all the way y0!!"...i knew there were other people that make top mounts...now if the quality,and design is good..i dont mind paying 800$...but im not a full race person..im not looking to make 500 or 600 whp...its not my thing..i just want a nice tubular top mount manifold..and why do i "need" it?? well i guess thats just my business...

thanks again to the people steering me in the right direction,inside of tryin to overrule what im trying to do.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a Top mount tubular turbo manifold..who makes the best one?