Notices

Looking at built h22a turbo on craigslist some things arent adding up! Help me.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 12:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at built h22a turbo on craigslist some things arent adding up! Help me.

Well tonight i have been emailing a guy about a darton sleeved H22a block that he had listed for sale when i noticed he has a built turbo motor for sale as well. He tells me that the Darton sleeved block was his backup and that there are no miles on it. I was planning on doing a build but after noticing he had a complete motor with turbo i might have changed my mind bout building and just buy his. Here is the thing that is worrying me though a couple of the parts he has listed in his mods to the engine dont make sense to me or maybe i just havent done enough research. Here is a list of what he sent me so far.

"ill start at tthe bottom, eagle crank. eagle rods, wiseco turbo pistons, darton sleeved, skunk2 valve springs, retainers, and valves, toda spec b cams, skunk2 intake manifold"

He says it has an eagle crank but i just checked and eagle doesnt make a crank for the H22. and i was sure toda spec b cams werent for h22's but i could be wrong on that too. So what do u guys think?
Thanx
Derek
Old 10-28-2008, 04:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I cant find anything about Eagle making an H22 crank either.

I would ask for reciepts when wanting to purchase something like that. If you spend 3k on a bottom end you keep the reciepts.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bigdaddyradde)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigdaddyradde &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
If you spend 3k on a bottom end you keep the reciepts.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ehh some people do keep them, some don't.. i don't have a clue where my reciepts are, they aren't worth anything anyways other than proof to an insurance company. Not like your going to be able to return some used pistons & rods! haha!

Hopfully the OP can get some type of verification as to whats really in there tho.

use a skinny brush & clean off the top of one of the pistons through the spark plug hole and see if it's shiny or not!
Old 10-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking at built h22a turbo on craigslist some things arent adding up! Help me. (No_Limits_Accor

well after i called him on it he messaged me back after looking at the blue printing sheet from the builder and tells me its a crower crank with eagle hbeams rods. So we shall see what happens. Only thing is i am not close to him so i now have to find a shipping company if i am interested in it.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Looking at built h22a turbo on craigslist some things arent adding up! Help me. (No_Limits_Accor

your a brave individual if you buy that lol
Old 10-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Whats making you say that? I know whenever you are buying a used motor you should be carefull especially a built one but i am going to take my chances. Hell i got screwed by a big engine importing company on the first motor i got from them. Lasted me only 30 days in the car before bust a connecting rod and spun bearing. I am just waiting for some specific pics from the seller so it can set my mind at ease a lil.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

call me crazy but if i spent the money to build a motor.....i would know what parts are in it with out guessing, being wrong, and then having to look at paperwork to figure it out.

used "built" motors scare me. it seems more often than not your buying somebody elses problem.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

"the turbo is a complete kit, piping, FMu, blitz bov. boost controller, fuel managment system. this is not some cheap ebay turbo kit for 300 bucks, lol its a 2600 dollar gt50 turbo ! its the compelte motor and turbo."

This is his description of the turbo kit in the add. How big is a gt50 turbo? And what kind of power should it make on a built h22? He is claiming 550 hp.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=No_Limits_Accord]"the turbo is a complete kit, piping, FMu, blitz bov. boost controller, fuel managment system. this is not some cheap ebay turbo kit for 300 bucks, lol its a 2600 dollar gt50 turbo ! its the compelte motor and turbo."

Not a good sign of a quality turbo kit. Sounds like the guy doesnt know what he has, or its a scam. By no means am i an expert but, if that were to be a real turbo its going to be huge! MAKE SURE YOU DO YOUR RESEARCH.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Save yourself the headache and get something built yourself or buy one from a reliable seller in the Marketplace. I would never use Craigslist for a built engine....but that's just me
Old 10-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i believe the seller he is talking about also posted those items for sale on here also.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Schister66)

yeah i am starting to think that. Here is a pic he sent me of the turbo.

It looks unused so unless he can send me pics of the setup in the car or something to prove to me that it is what it is then i think i am going to walk. Too many things dont add up and his claims of 550 is worrying me. would be nice but for the price of 2 grand he is asking it dont add up.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:41 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like SSAutoCrap to me. The little blue covers and the big "TURBOCHARGER XYZ" tag kind of give it away...
Old 10-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bigdaddyradde)

yup just searched and it seems to be the same guy. Dont know what to think now. I dont want to cause **** i was just trying to reassure myself.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

maybe pm some of the people posting in this thread and ask them if they had a good or bad eperience with the guy.

http://www.hondamarketplace.co...12611

Also he stated he is "trying to make room in the shop" which means he owns his own shop??? and doesnt know what kind of motor he has???
Old 10-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (No_Limits_Accord)

I would say dont buy turbo crap. I would just built my own. I say lowball the guy for the motor see what he does
Old 10-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (king06)

it has a fmu and "fuel managment system" its like 2 for the price of one!

this is not some cheap ebay turbo kit for 300 bucks, lol its a 2600 dollar gt50 turbo !

not some cheap ebay turbo, its a cheap craigs list turbo! big difference!

i'd like to know where to get a 2600 dollar gt50 turbo though, that would be awesome!
Old 10-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Turbo-charged)

Yup good points there. I am just waiting to hear back from him on some info i requested.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

in for the horse **** reply...

thats a let down man...I hate shady people.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by No_Limits_Accord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yup good points there. I am just waiting to hear back from him on some info i requested. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude, even it was cheap I would NEVER trust craigslist for stuff like that UNLESS I can PHYSICALLY see the stuff right in front of me by visiting the seller (not by myself either - heard of that girl that got murdered via craigslist??) . Otherwise, if I can't then I would avoid it. From what I read, I would not buy from the guy you are dealing with...
Old 11-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks like he is at it again. Found it listed again on craigslist. He is really getting good at advertising. haha

honda h22 turbo motor, prelude, civic, 550 WHP , OVER 10,000 INVESTED - $2200

I HAVE A ssssssick h22 turbo motor, fully built to handle all the boost you can give it. it was tuned on 20lbs of boost it made 550 horses. on 30 lbs of boost it would probly make around 850 horses. i parted out the complete swap, it had a h2b kit, type r tranny. what im selling here is the fully built jdm h22 turbo motor. only has a few passes on it. its a complete motor, block and head. oil pan to valve cover
Old 11-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by No_Limits_Accord
Looks like he is at it again. Found it listed again on craigslist. He is really getting good at advertising. haha

honda h22 turbo motor, prelude, civic, 550 WHP , OVER 10,000 INVESTED - $2200

I HAVE A ssssssick h22 turbo motor, fully built to handle all the boost you can give it. it was tuned on 20lbs of boost it made 550 horses. on 30 lbs of boost it would probly make around 850 horses. i parted out the complete swap, it had a h2b kit, type r tranny. what im selling here is the fully built jdm h22 turbo motor. only has a few passes on it. its a complete motor, block and head. oil pan to valve cover
LOL, if you are so keen on this why dont you go check him out then - make sure you take some company or some "heat" - alot of crazy stuff goes on thru craigslist
Old 11-12-2008, 11:25 PM

Default Re: (pcguy760)

this is comedy type r tranny on a h22? if i would to scam people i would first do some research on parts/engines/trannys to see what fits what but if u read everything this guy states nothing fits into discription
Old 11-12-2008, 11:52 PM

Default Re: (one-cam)

What city is this in. I may have to take up this once in a lifetime deal.

KNOCK
KNOCk

Hi, im here to buy the best turbo motor in the world and here is how I pay you

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (321_POOF)

Originally Posted by 321_POOF
What city is this in. I may have to take up this once in a lifetime deal.

KNOCK
KNOCk

Hi, im here to buy the best turbo motor in the world and here is how I pay you

Thanks!

- I hate people who sit on their fat asses at home and try to steal from people who work hard and even harder / more hours, so they could to do stuff to their cars. I just hate that man .

Quick Reply: Looking at built h22a turbo on craigslist some things arent adding up! Help me.