Notices

look what my turbo did to my hasport mounts!!! kinda long

Old 08-10-2003, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default look what my turbo did to my hasport mounts!!! kinda long

I went to the track this last wednesday night to try out my new slicks. First pass I blew a charge pipe off, lousy time I attributed to not knowing how to launch with the slicks. so second pass i make zero boost and net yet another lousy time this time I saw on the gauge that i wasn't making boost. third pass i get launched ok and then at about half track i start to really feel a serious (by serious I mean "oh my god, I'm going to crash") vibration, I thought i had a slick go flat. After the pass check tire pressure and its at 10 psi both sides. I was still thinking it was the slicks so i aired them up 3, 3, and 2 psi on the next 3 passes and did not notice any change in the vibration.

I figured it would go away when i put my street tires back on because I had driven the car for last few months and not felt this vibration. After changing back to street tires and still feeling it under any acceleration I knew I had a problem and put it up on the lift to check things out. Found that my turbo had been hitting my brand new pwr radiator and that I could move the engine quite a bit with a pry bar. So i started checking mounts and found the rear mount to be pretty f'ed up. Now I'm thinking I'll get a solid insert machined out of aluminum instead of going back to poly bushings. Opinions??
Old 08-10-2003, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

UPS!!!! BAD
Old 08-10-2003, 07:36 PM
GSRswapandslow

http://www.jimfab.com
Old 08-10-2003, 07:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: look what my turbo did to my hasport mounts!!! kinda long (racerxadam)

Are you using the street rear mount or the drag rear mount?
Old 08-10-2003, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: look what my turbo did to my hasport mounts!!! kinda long (91civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you using the street rear mount or the drag rear mount? </TD></TR></TABLE>

are you asking about the hardness of the bushing or the style of the mount?

I assume the bushing is the softest compound hasport supplies, I bought the mounts with my swap from jdmhondaparts over a year ago. I have only been driving the car since mid march and two months were unboosted due to a lack of an intercooler.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:07 PM

Default Re: look what my turbo did to my hasport mounts!!! kinda long (racerxadam)

Yeah they sell the mounts with a so called "street" polyurethane insert and they also sell a rear mount(drag) that has a much harder durometer polyurethane insert. Hasport will replace the inserts with whichever insert you choose but maye the full metal mount will work better with your high hp and torque setup.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm considering the full metal insert cause I'd rather not take the motor out again. I keep telling myself that i don't care how uncomfortable the car is as long as its fast but i realize thats not completely true when i'm cruising on the highway just listening to the buzz of the motor cause i have no radio.(thats a really long sentance, sorry) I'm just the slight bit scared that a solid metal mount will vibrate too much.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Up for the day. I need more input on what people think I should do. Get the extreme race poly inserts from hasport or have a solid aluminum insert machined locally.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:38 AM

Honestly man, i would consider going with a kit that uses 4 mounts, or fabricating
a front mount on your own. A solid AL insert for the back is gonna be extremely
hard to live with if you street drive the car at all, and its probably gonna end up
breaking the mount over time, or something worse.
Ive had good luck with my HCP kit. Ive had it for a few years, and its been through
a few different motors and a lot of abuse. Still holding up fine. Ive been turbocharged for the last year or so.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:41 AM

And as a side note, my car barely vibrates anymore.
After about 6 months, 90% of the vibration slowly dissapeared. Its almost like driving a stock car. Im in the Philly area too, and id like to talk to you about using your wideband. Maybe we can meet up.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:58 AM
B*A*N*N*E*D

Default Re: look what my turbo did to my hasport mounts!!! kinda long (rioninja)

my recommendation would be to check out http://www.azracemachine.com
they make a very nice cnc'd complete set of replacement mounts. they also let you choose the durometer of the urethane. talk to adam
Old 08-11-2003, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: look what my turbo did to my hasport mounts!!! kinda long (CHEAPTURBOdotCOM)

those az race ones look pretty clean
Old 08-11-2003, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: look what my turbo did to my hasport mounts!!! kinda long (CHEAPTURBOdotCOM)

Must be the mad torque from that B16 motor that did it

Dude, Im thinking you wont like the solid rear mount. If you go that route you may end up breaking more expensive stuff.....like your new gsr cable tranny
You need a little cushion for the motor to move. I wouldnt go the solid mount route until your drivetrain is "bulletproof".
Old 08-11-2003, 10:54 AM
New User

Default Re: look what my turbo did to my hasport mounts!!! kinda long (93LSivic)

Looks like those hasport mounts aren't as strong as hasport says they are...what kind of car do you have? I assume your using hasport mounts b/c you have a in a crx or ef...or something like that.... That's amazing, cus those mounts are ripped to peices. And I've had friends with stock honda mounts with just ES inserts and they've run 500whp cars on 26" slicks..with no breaks or problems.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: look what my turbo did to my hasport mounts!!! kinda long (93LSivic)

my friend got thme az ones in his crx, they are bad ***
Old 08-11-2003, 12:24 PM
B*A*N*N*E*D

Default Re: look what my turbo did to my hasport mounts!!! kinda long (itr206)

the az racemachine(ARM) mounts also come with a lifetime warrenty...
Old 08-11-2003, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey,rio ninja.are you the guy running the red crxthat got pull over by the cops for running open downpipe at the mcdonalds
Old 08-11-2003, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (civicguy)

Racerxadam,

im running the rear Hasport drag mount and the rest are stock. the motor barely moves. the mount shook the car a little more than normal only at idle but after 2 months i feels like it broke in. Pretty damn close to stock and the motor still doesnt move. Ive had them in like 4 months. I didnt have to take the motor out to put them in. I would definately recommend them. An added bonus was that it made the car feel more solid when driving over bumps.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well there is no way i'm buying a whole new set of mounts. the mounts themselves are holding up fine. its the inserts that are giving problems. I guess since noone seems to support the idea of a solid aluminum insert I'll call hasport and get a price on the extreme race poly inserts for these mounts and see what happens. thanks for the opinions. I may go ahead and have an aluminum insert made so that I have it already if I break the new ones. Hopefully adding a front mount will help somewhat.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (racerxadam)

dont run an aluminum insert, things will start to break that you dont want to break. It needs to be able to move.

Contact hasport, i am SURE they will take care of you for free.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (FFgeoff)

thanks geoff. I know hasport has a good reputation for standing behind their product but I wouldn't expect them to help me out for free. its not their fault that i put a turbo set up on a car with mount inserts that weren't up to the task. I'll be calling them tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:15 AM

Default Re: (civicguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey,rio ninja.are you the guy running the red crxthat got pull over by the cops for running open downpipe at the mcdonalds</TD></TR></TABLE>
no, not me...
I drive a beat up looking white crx.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

torque ownz