Notices

LooK HeRe!!!Turbo Center cartridge opinions

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LooK HeRe!!!Turbo Center cartridge opinions

How do you guys tilt your turbocharger center cartridge. Is the oil feed and drain straight up and down??? Is the center cartridge tilted a bit so the oil drain is at an angle???

The MAIN reason I ask is that don't some of you have oil burning problems where smoke is literally burning out of your muffler system when turbochargered in your hondas??? I've talked to Garrett and they say that there should only be 45psi of oil pressure that should go through the center cartridge. Correct me if I am wrong!!! holly smokes!!! Told them I am using a -4 feed and a -12 drain... That should be totally sufficient enough!!! They said fine too.. Engine still smokes.... Can't be crankcase ventilation for sure!!! Better yet lets say the engine is of no concern ok guys!!! PLEASE FEEL ME IN HERE!!! I am lost!!!

Old 09-01-2004, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LooK HeRe!!!Turbo Center cartridge opinions (nicholashang87)

hello
Old 09-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: LooK HeRe!!!Turbo Center cartridge opinions (nicholashang87)

Dont expect an answer after just 5mins of your post being posted.

And you are supposted to have the turbo oil in and out straight up and down. You can clock the turbo so its pointed this way.

As for your oil burning problems - if your oil return line is incorrect, it can cause the turbo to smoke because your pushing oil out the bearings. Remember the oil return has to be "Free fall" into the oil pan, and the oil return tap in the pan as to be above the oil level. So make sure your oil tap is at the top of the pan, and the oil return line is straight from the turbo into the pan. (doesnt go uphill any)

If your still getting burning oil - most likely you have an engine problem of some sort.

thanks,
liam