Notices

Long time no talk, questions for my friend about his ef hatch project

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long time no talk, questions for my friend about his ef hatch project

Hey guys, long time no talk. Lot's changed since my turbo civic days, but I've got a buddy who's putting a T3/To4E on his EF hatch (B16A motor) and I searched quite a bit but didn't find much info.

First off, he's not sure what radiator he should use to clear the turbo (standard Drag 3 manifold, E comp. cover), apparently his is too close for comfort.

2nd, any luck on a pre-made feed line kit for these things? I know there were some in the works when I was doing my project a year ago, but again, I searched to no avail.

He's got a nice setup goin and I've been out of Honda's for long enough that I don't know 'em like I use to. I would greatly appreciate any advice, or hell just even to chat, it's been awhile . Thanks again, Todd.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Long time no talk, questions for my friend about his ef hatch project (ElectronVTEC)

I run a DRAG3 and a E housing on my CRX. Clearance was fine for me, about 2" away from the radiator. I also run a HCP kit. If your friend runs another kit the turbo may be closer. If he runs A/C then you will have problems. But it can fit.
Tell him to get slim fans and relocate to the front of the radiator. There is space but it is still tight. The only problem I ever had was the oil feed line rubbed holes in my radiator.

For the feed line you could contact Viren(b18bturbo). I am sure he can set your friend up with lines.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Long time no talk, questions for my friend about his ef hatch project (Doodoo)

Thanks man, I (and he) appreciate it. I just read the thread about the neon 1/2 radiators, that's a possibility. He won't have any A/C, but he does have the HASport mounts, so that seems to be a toughie. I can get him the SPAL fans, I've got one in my Talon and I love it. Thanks for the info on the lines to, I'll PM him now. Thanks again, and Mr. Hankey rules. EV.