Notices

The Life, Death, and Rebirth of DC2R714 (Thanks HT)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Life, Death, and Rebirth of DC2R714 (Thanks HT)

As many of you know my engine was destroyed by an incompetent shop. This is my second year boosted and only the first few months of actually making any power. This is the Life, Death, and Rebirth of ITR714.

First I have to say my thanks in case some don't read the rest of this thread.

Thanks to: HT FI Forum, Hondatec38 (Tim), ITR206 (Pete), and the rest of the Philly crew for support, and help. You guys helped me out when I was ready to give up.

SPECIAL THANKS AND GRATITUDE TO:

93Lsivic (Dan): Dan is the man, who built the powerplant. Guy has helped me many times, even came to my house to pull the engine with me. Stand up guy and a super businessman.

Boosted Hybrid (Jeff): Jeff is the man behind the hondata tuning. His rates are so reasonable, and he sticks behind his work. He has spent extra hours with me trying to figure out the hondata hesitation at no charge.

RacerXAdam: Built me a bangin 3in DP that gained alot of power for me. Dude made me stay there for 10hrs till it was perfect. haha j/k Adam.

All these guys are amazing. They genuinely care about the customers satisfaction and that the person is happy. I give all you guys Thanks to all for helping me get back in the game

And now the story:

Life

Stock ITR I bought two years back. 16k miles (ARC intake and Comptech axelback)

Got a turbo a few months later. Dyno tuned and the shop couldnt figure out why I wasnt making power. I had spent over 13hrs at the dyno.

A few months later I was at the dyno again when I blew a headgasket. Found out it was more than that. I know why I wasnt making power now

I then turned to HT for support and help. I was about to give up. I turned my motor over to Dan at http://www.Fuzionauto.com

Built the motor and put it in for a great price. He is the Darton man.

After having the motor built, What was I to do with this?

Well I turned to the tuning expertise of Boosted hybrid. Yielded 220whp @ 9psi. Was happy just to make over 200, but he gave me some advise and I took it. Thats when I went from a .48a/r housing to .82a/r and Adam made a wicked 3in Full Downpipe to add to my 3in Exhaust. I was ready to go back to the dyno.

After waiting a few more months without boost so that Jeff returned from school we went back to the dyno once again, along with of course Dan and Adam. Tim was in the chearing section too. He wanted me to get some power more than me I think hahaha. We netted a really good 325whp @ 14psi and 281whp@9psi. I had gained 60whp from a bigger housing and downpipe Needless to say I have been smiling ever since I left the dyno.

Here is one of the graphs before the graph we netted 325whp after we let it sit.

and finally with the help of ITR206 and Gravity I am lowered and smoked to the car that I run now. Over 300whp. I could not be happier. People might say oh thats not alot. Most of them havent driven in a 300whp honda. It is rediculous on the street. Almost scary

Everyone at the Dyno.

Moral of the story is that HT ROCKS! Many people on this board know their ****. I have learned everything from all these guys. You have to weed out the jacknobs who think they know ****, but I can honestly say that everyone I have mentioned knows what the hell they are doing and I vouche 110% for all these guys. Thanks HT and thanks to all my friends

Watch for me on the Track
Old 10-06-2003, 05:18 PM
TurboJesse

Default Re: The Life, Death, and Rebirth of DC2R714 (DC2R714)

I loved your car when i saw it Wish i coulda stayed...unfortunately i had to bring along the GF Im still waiting for my chip from Jeff...Can't wait to drive teh car @300+
Old 10-06-2003, 05:24 PM

Default Re: The Life, Death, and Rebirth of DC2R714 (Mpir3)

Good stuff. Maybe ill cya round Cecil when my baby is done in a week or so.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:24 PM

congrats man, i'm very glad to hear that you're making good power now!
Old 10-06-2003, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

great story..almost brings a tear to my eye...lol...nice *** car and good write-up i guess you can call it...H-T owns everyone...nice car..hopefully you pull of some better numbers then that later on down the road...congrats man
Old 10-06-2003, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This industry is pretty crooked and most people don't know what they are talking about(as you touched on). You are very lucky to have the help of these guys. I have learned a lot just from reading what they write and seeing what they build. I wish I could build hondas with you guys. awesome car and power. good job
Old 10-06-2003, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A beautiful story. Your welcome man. Just glad to see your happy with everything after all of the time, money, and let's not forget frutration . To the people who know there **** (everyone Nate mentioned) I also thank you. I have learned just as much as Nate has through his experience and I can honestly say I would not be FI if it was not for him. Thanks Nate. Let's not forget about the show stopping folding mirrors cough cough. Have fun and be careful. It's a Jungle out there. BTW, who's crappy blue N/A car is in the middle there? See you at the track this friday!!!!!
Old 10-06-2003, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mpir3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">unfortunately i had to bring along the GF </TD></TR></TABLE>

You got it all wrong man, women at the dyno is a plus. Especially if they are cute as in this case.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Life, Death, and Rebirth of DC2R714 (racerxadam)

Great looking car (and my old mirrors ). Could you spit out some details on the internals?
Old 10-06-2003, 05:41 PM
TurboJesse

Default Re: The Life, Death, and Rebirth of DC2R714 (racerxadam)

LOL...I dunno...
Old 10-06-2003, 05:52 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

"People might say oh thats not alot. Most of them havent driven in a 300whp honda. It is rediculous on the street. Almost scary"

I think that was well said.........great job and a very clean car
Old 10-06-2003, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Jeeeesus man! Great #'s! Congratulations...this board is incredible. The amount of info and the willingness of everyone to help is invaluable.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:53 PM

props on the car, it looks nice. over 300whp on the street is fun
Old 10-06-2003, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Life, Death, and Rebirth of DC2R714 (FritzInTN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FritzInTN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Great looking car (and my old mirrors ). Could you spit out some details on the internals? </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha ya fritz the mirrors work awesome. My internals are JE 9.8:1 pistons and Eagle rods, with Darton mod 3 sleeves 81mm. As for more boost I will be running C16 later this year and go for 350whp which will be easily attainable. 350whp was my goal. I am not trying to be crazy like many in this forum.

My main point of this thread was to show people that there are people in this sport that can help you, and also to not give up what your goals are. Now that my car is right I have no regrets and I am loving driving everyday
Old 10-06-2003, 06:01 PM

cherry
Old 10-06-2003, 06:06 PM
New User

Congrats bro! I am happy that everything has worked out for you in the end! And it is great to know fellow H-T members helped alot. That is awesome that you gained 60whp from the bigger turbine housing and downpipe! Block looks great, what is the whole set up now? Dan does good work and so does Jeff by looking at all his dyno charts of the cars he has tuned.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:06 PM
TurboJesse

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC2R714 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

haha ya fritz the mirrors work awesome. My internals are JE 9.8:1 pistons and Eagle rods, with Darton mod 3 sleeves 81mm. As for more boost I will be running C16 later this year and go for 350whp which will be easily attainable. 350whp was my goal. I am not trying to be crazy like many in this forum.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wish i could be like that I was gonna try to make 350whp stock block on Race Gas if i could have used my 550's
Old 10-06-2003, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Life, Death, and Rebirth of DC2R714 (94goldjungsr)

turbo ITR

nice car.

its a good feeling when you know who to turn to, to get the job done right
Old 10-06-2003, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Life, Death, and Rebirth of DC2R714 (Boostfed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Congrats bro! I am happy that everything has worked out for you in the end! And it is great to know fellow H-T members helped alot. That is awesome that you gained 60whp from the bigger turbine housing and downpipe! Block looks great, what is the whole set up now? Dan does good work and so does Jeff by looking at all his dyno charts of the cars he has tuned. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks man. My whole setup now includes:
Garrett T3/T04E .82a/r 60trim
SFP Manifold
3in Downpipe
3in Apexi N1
2.5" custom IC piping
Blitz DD BOV
Apexi AVC-R
Greddy TT
Greddy EGT gauge
Greddy Boost gauge
Tyrus Prototype Intercooler
Lucas 720cc injectors
Resistor pack
Hondata S100
Tial 35mm Wastegate
Darton Sleeves
JE 9.8:1 pistons
Eagle Rods
OEM bearings and headgasket (coppersprayed)
stock head
stock ignition
stock intake manifold

I think thats it. I'll edit it if I think of anything else.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:24 PM

damn gotta love turbo i love the pic with all those turbo'd cars
Old 10-06-2003, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bad asssssssssssss
Old 10-06-2003, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Life, Death, and Rebirth of DC2R714 (SiRkid)

Good story.....It seems as if people always post up their car stolen and blowing up, me being one, but its nice to see that cars are being rebuilt and poeple are staying in the game....I guess this weeds out the ricers from the real enthusiasts....
Old 10-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mpir3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">unfortunately i had to bring along the GF </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh come on, she was trying. She asked me a lot of questions, and I did my best to explain things so that she could understand...you should be happy that she was trying to learn about something that you enjoy.

Glad you are happy with your car, Nate. Have fun with it.
Old 10-06-2003, 10:15 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: The Life, Death, and Rebirth of DC2R714 (50trim EK)

That story brought a tear to my eyes..lol
Old 10-07-2003, 03:00 AM
TurboJesse

Default Re: The Life, Death, and Rebirth of DC2R714 (50trim EK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 50trim EK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Oh come on, she was trying. She asked me a lot of questions, and I did my best to explain things so that she could understand...you should be happy that she was trying to learn about something that you enjoy.

Glad you are happy with your car, Nate. Have fun with it.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know...I was happy, and i appreciate that you were there

Quick Reply: The Life, Death, and Rebirth of DC2R714 (Thanks HT)