Notices

Largest hose that will fit these fittings (Endyn block clones)?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Largest hose that will fit these fittings (Endyn block clones)?

My guess is that these are for 10mm(3/8" hose), but I wanted to run the largest hoses possible. Would 1/2" fit securely?

I bought a Moroso can and gave it to the welder to have another 3/8" NPT piece welded on. Some people suggest T'ing off one of the lines to run the breather from my valve cover. Would it make a difference if I had a 3rd NPT fitting welded for the breather or is this not really necessary?

A big thanks to all those who found out the parts used to make an Endyn setup. I've said this before, but if this guy charged $100, instead of $150+, then he'd have my money right now. I guess his prices will go down once the Endyn supercharger comes out.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Largest hose that will fit these fittings (Endyn block clones)? (The Dude)

bump...

Please help. Someone has to know this. I need to order these parts tomorrow. Thanks!
Old 02-08-2004, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Largest hose that will fit these fittings (The Dude)

if the fittings are designed for 10MM hose, there will be no reason to use a larger hose size since the restriction will be at the fitting itself. You're best off using the right sized hose in my opinion.

Brad
Old 02-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Largest hose that will fit these fittings (lazerus)

Thanks for replying. I realize what you're saying, but don't have the fittings yet. I just need to know what size they are so I can order the other fittings for the can.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

were you get the alluminum bung to weld in the moroso can i been looking for one please help
Old 02-08-2004, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Largest hose that will fit these fittings (Endyn block clones)? (The Dude)

Whatever you do, you do not want to tee in your valve cover into the breather for the block .The purpose of the breather tank is it to relieve pressure in the crankcase when you add the valve cover breather to the catch can for the block, it works against the purpose of the block breather -Example-You can feel air coming out of the valve cover port. So it can add pressure to the breather for the block, causing oil to acummulate in the can. This can cause oil to come out of the breather leaking oil everywhere. Normal operation of the breather is to relieve xs pressure from the block , and it is normal for some oil to acummulate but when you let off of the throttle the block vacuum allows the oil in the can to be sucked back in. So if you add the constant pressure from the valve cover it some how works against itself. If im wrong about this please correct me . But I did the same thing with my endyne kit and oil was leaking every where after driving awhile so I took the tee off to the valve cover and it immedietly stopped.
Just some friendly advice
Old 02-08-2004, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They are 1/2 inch fittings to begin with.
Old 02-08-2004, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Largest hose that will fit these fittings (h22civic2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22civic2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">were you get the alluminum bung to weld in the moroso can i been looking for one please help </TD></TR></TABLE>

I just took my can to the welder and he had the fittings. This website sells them:

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/...irect=

Damn, that's the longest link I've ever seen! I hope it works.

gunslinger, thanks for posting. Were you using the pcv on top of the can or the filter? I would think that any pressure would relieve itself through the filter on top of the can itself.

Old 02-08-2004, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Largest hose that will fit these fittings (Kwuaymaikrup)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kwuaymaikrup &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They are 1/2 inch fittings to begin with.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Very cool. Thank you Kwuaymaikrup!
Old 02-08-2004, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was using the filter
I also thought the pressure would relieve it self
Old 02-08-2004, 11:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Largest hose that will fit these fittings (gunslinger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Dude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Very cool. Thank you Kwuaymaikrup!</TD></TR></TABLE>

No problem!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gunslinger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was using the filter
I also thought the pressure would relieve it self</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are the first that I have heard of having a problem running it the "Endyn" way. I am running that setup as well. I hope it works out when I finally get to start this bish.

-Ryan
Old 02-09-2004, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

which one is the one on the moroso can allready i want to make it match
here are the list on the sight you gave me which will match the upper bung
6176803 ALUM 3/8" NPT FEMALE WELD BUNG

EA $5.95
6176804 ALUM 1/2" NPT FEMALE WELD BUNG

EA $6.95
6176806 ALUM 3/4" NPT FEMALE WELD BUNG

EA $9.95
please let me know
Old 02-09-2004, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

while on this topic, heres a question I had concerning the whole catch can deal...if totally elminating the PCV system, you would run the setup like this right??---&gt;
http://www.theoldone.com/artic...g.jpg

thus, oil goes out--&gt; hits the catchcan--&gt; drains back into the block...is that correct? or am I way off...I read through the infamous and confusing catch can thread but after a while my brain shut down
Old 02-09-2004, 06:07 AM

Default Re: (DA-MAX)

I just machined my own...I'll try to post some pics tonight....
Old 02-09-2004, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Largest hose that will fit these fittings (h22civic2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22civic2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">which one is the one on the moroso can allready i want to make it match
here are the list on the sight you gave me which will match the upper bung
6176803 ALUM 3/8" NPT FEMALE WELD BUNG

EA $5.95
6176804 ALUM 1/2" NPT FEMALE WELD BUNG

EA $6.95
6176806 ALUM 3/4" NPT FEMALE WELD BUNG

EA $9.95
please let me know </TD></TR></TABLE>

The Moroso can comes with one 3/8" NPT bung (excluding the drain). Good luck finding 1/2" barbed fittings to screw into the 3/8" NPT hole. Neither my local Home Depot or Lowes had this fitting and I ended up buying a 10 pack from McMaster-Carr.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DA-MAX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">while on this topic, heres a question I had concerning the whole catch can deal...if totally elminating the PCV system, you would run the setup like this right??---&gt;
http://www.theoldone.com/artic...g.jpg

thus, oil goes out--&gt; hits the catchcan--&gt; drains back into the block...is that correct? or am I way off...I read through the infamous and confusing catch can thread but after a while my brain shut down </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, that's the way, but I'm not going to use the return system. I suppose it's easier if you don't like to pop your hood, but why would you want to return this dirty oil to your engine? I'd rather just empty it once in a while. Also, I think the clear hoses are for display only.
Old 02-09-2004, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Largest hose that will fit these fittings (gunslinger)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gunslinger &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Whatever you do, you do not want to tee in your valve cover into the breather for the block .The purpose of the breather tank is it to relieve pressure in the crankcase when you add the valve cover breather to the catch can for the block, it works against the purpose of the block breather -Example-You can feel air coming out of the valve cover port. So it can add pressure to the breather for the block, causing oil to acummulate in the can. This can cause oil to come out of the breather leaking oil everywhere. Normal operation of the breather is to relieve xs pressure from the block , and it is normal for some oil to acummulate but when you let off of the throttle the block vacuum allows the oil in the can to be sucked back in. So if you add the constant pressure from the valve cover it some how works against itself. If im wrong about this please correct me . But I did the same thing with my endyne kit and oil was leaking every where after driving awhile so I took the tee off to the valve cover and it immedietly stopped.
Just some friendly advice</TD></TR></TABLE>

The pressures seen in the valve cover are a result from the combustion process in the bottom end.

in other words, the pressure from the valve cover, originates from the block.

Relieving the crankcase pressure will generate more power, drawing crankcase vacuum will make even more power gains.

Old 02-09-2004, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Largest hose that will fit these fittings (lazerus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lazerus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Relieving the crankcase pressure will generate more power, drawing crankcase vacuum will make even more power gains.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't understand what you're saying. What do you mean by "drawing" crankcase vacuum? Are you talking about a vacuum pump?
Old 02-09-2004, 10:20 PM

where did you but those? or is that a honda part number for it?
Old 02-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Largest hose that will fit these fittings (B18C1_T)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C1_T &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where did you but those? or is that a honda part number for it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Look VERY carefully at the picture
Old 02-09-2004, 11:33 PM
New User

yea they a honda part number. from an old prelude i thimk
Old 02-10-2004, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Largest hose that will fit these fittings (simple4012)

I also ordered a couple of washers. According to the parts guy at hparts.com, they are just 28mm aluminum washers. I looked it up and they are from a DelSol. I hope he's right. The short part number for these is 379651. BTW, the short part number for the block fittings is 262127.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:15 PM

ok kool thanks
Old 02-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18C1_T)

No problem!
Old 03-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Largest hose that will fit these fittings (Endyn block clones)? (B16A Grenade)

Heh, glad I found this post.... and thanks for posting it up.

I called endyn about these pieces last week... the sales guy said its a piece they made... and they wanted like 20 each for them....

Endyn - 20 per..... or
OEM Honda - 6 per....

Screw shady shady Endyn.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Largest hose that will fit these fittings (splitime)

LOL, back from the dead! Don't thank me, thank the other people who posted this info. BTW, I used to run it without a return line and it overflowed. Make a return line!