Notices

LA Sleeves...who's using them these days?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LA Sleeves...who's using them these days?

I searched through the archives, and couldn't find more than a few threads on them.

A local engine builder is highly recommending that I go with them, as a cost-effective option for my build. The sleeving, bore and hone, and align hone would cost me $1,180.

I figured that's a pretty good deal, because this shop is usually pretty spendy (wants ~$1,800 installed for Darton MID's).

Thoughts? I want to treat my ITR motor right.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:35 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: LA Sleeves...who's using them these days? (boostincoupe)

if your going to spend that much just get some well known sleeves. ie darton, or benson. la sleeves are good but I don't think they compare to the Darton MID's which you could have sleeved for that amount with final bore and hone.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

try out golden eagle......they can sleeve your block for about 750 thru camp1320.com
Old 10-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LA Sleeves...who's using them these days? (non-VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by non-VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">try out golden eagle......they can sleeve your block for about 750 thru camp1320.com </TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow! I thought it was ~$900 or so. I'll have to contact him.

Do you get your own block back?
Old 10-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yup......i got a GE sleeved block sitting in my garage....

contact Tom at camp1320.com.......they have a deal going on with GE for sleeved blocks........check out the vendors section....
Old 10-25-2007, 04:44 PM
Man U FTW

come on Fnan...you're rollin in money with the new job (or should be)...you should be getting either Benson or Golden Eagle sleeves
Old 10-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Schister66)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">come on Fnan...you're rollin in money with the new job (or should be)...you should be getting either Benson or Golden Eagle sleeves</TD></TR></TABLE>

GE quoted me $816 with return shipping for their HD sleeves installed.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:48 PM
Man U FTW

Default Re: (boostincoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostincoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
GE quoted me $816 with return shipping for their HD sleeves installed. </TD></TR></TABLE>

well that sounds like a deal to me...get on that so i can actually see your car within the next 5 years
Old 10-25-2007, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Schister66)

AEBS sleeves are actually LA sleeves.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (eh3 93)

yea fnan....your a baller now. ERL!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (batboyvaj)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by batboyvaj &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea fnan....your a baller now. ERL!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm just trying to be financially responsible, unlike how I was in college and grad school. I might just throw together a stock-sleeve LS/VTEC together for next season just to get me by @ ~400whp, and then go from there in '09.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (boostincoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostincoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm just trying to be financially responsible, unlike how I was in college and grad school. I might just throw together a stock-sleeve LS/VTEC together for next season just to get me by @ ~400whp, and then go from there in '09.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

In '09, everybody will be modifying and racing hydrogen cars that can fly...........and I still won't be done with my car either
Old 10-25-2007, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hahaha...paul, you won't be done before the world ends cause of WW3
Old 10-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LA SLEEVES are used by companies such as KG(if in business), Benson, RS Machine, and a few other guys. they are good no doubt!!! just remember when you want BIG BOOSST BIG POWER... LOOK INTO "AEBS" for their T-sleeves.. Best in it's class... Eggum in their world record 7.9sec FWD Honda Civic ran them when they ran that 7sec pass. We've ran them close to 700whpn/37psi w/o a problem.

good luck in your build
Old 10-25-2007, 11:33 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: LA Sleeves...who's using them these days? (BEEYOND)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BEEYOND &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LA SLEEVES are used by companies such as KG(if in business), Benson, RS Machine, and a few other guys. they are good no doubt!!! just remember when you want BIG BOOSST BIG POWER... LOOK INTO "AEBS" for their T-sleeves.. Best in it's class... Eggum in their world record 7.9sec FWD Honda Civic ran them when they ran that 7sec pass. We've ran them close to 700whpn/37psi w/o a problem.

good luck in your build </TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude get your info straight or don't post at all. Benson uses darton sleeves and darton sleeves only. Also, you say look into AEBS if he wants big boost power, correct??? Just so you don't go around spreading bullshit again AEBS sleeves are LA sleeves. I am not sure about RS but I do know they use Darton sleeves.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LA Sleeves...who's using them these days? (SD_Lurker)

when you are looking into getting a sleeve job done.

make sure you know what you are getting with the pricing.

Some prices are just installing the sleeves themselves. Some include that plus the final bore and hone. In the cases where there is no final bore and hone, keep in mind that you still have to do that and can cost an additional $200-300 over what you have already paid to install the sleeves.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:38 AM

Default Re: LA Sleeves...who's using them these days? (BEEYOND)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BEEYOND &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LA SLEEVES are used by companies such as KG(if in business), Benson, RS Machine, and a few other guys. they are good no doubt!!! just remember when you want BIG BOOSST BIG POWER... LOOK INTO "AEBS" for their T-sleeves.. Best in it's class... Eggum in their world record 7.9sec FWD Honda Civic ran them when they ran that 7sec pass. We've ran them close to 700whpn/37psi w/o a problem.

good luck in your build </TD></TR></TABLE>yes eggum did hit her first 9 on a aebs block because she had some blocks stolen and Kenny was nice and let her have a old aebs block he had to get her by tell we could get one done for her but she is now using our blocks and has hit many 7 sec passes on them with no problems. rs will use a la sleeve but does use darton for most there work as far as i know. Benson's also uses darton. bottom line if you use darton sleeves just be sure to have a shop that has experience installing them with a good rep and you will be fine if you use ge we install all our sleeves in house so you can go threw any of our dealers to get the same job done. the main thing i say is to get a braced sleeve if you plan on big hp not a open deck sleeve.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i know PFI uses these all the time. i seen lots of cars dyno high HP numbers with these. try themsee how much. http://Pfispeed.com
Old 10-26-2007, 08:57 AM

Default Re: LA Sleeves...who's using them these days? (t66crx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by t66crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know PFI uses these all the time. i seen lots of cars dyno high HP numbers with these. try themsee how much. http://Pfispeed.com</TD></TR></TABLE> pfi uses golden eagle sleeves
Old 10-26-2007, 03:06 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: LA Sleeves...who's using them these days? (Golden Eagle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Golden Eagle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes eggum did hit her first 9 on a aebs block because she had some blocks stolen and Kenny was nice and let her have a old aebs block he had to get her by tell we could get one done for her but she is now using our blocks and has hit many 7 sec passes on them with no problems. rs will use a la sleeve but does use darton for most there work as far as i know. Benson's also uses darton. bottom line if you use darton sleeves just be sure to have a shop that has experience installing them with a good rep and you will be fine if you use ge we install all our sleeves in house so you can go threw any of our dealers to get the same job done. the main thing i say is to get a braced sleeve if you plan on big hp not a open deck sleeve. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Edit: I erased my post!

DARTON SLEEVES FTMFW!!! Best sleeve money can buy!!
Old 10-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LA Sleeves...who's using them these days? (SD_Lurker)

Down here in Rochester, it only costed me $900 for Darton M.I.D.'s installed, aligned/bored/honed/decked, and only took a week.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LA Sleeves...who's using them these days? (k20whitevic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by k20whitevic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Down here in Rochester, it only costed me $900 for Darton M.I.D.'s installed, aligned/bored/honed/decked, and only took a week.</TD></TR></TABLE>
are you sure those are mid's? if so, DAMN, that's cheap. hook me up with at least the number of the shop.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LA Sleeves...who's using them these days? (inlineaddict)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by inlineaddict &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are you sure those are mid's? if so, DAMN, that's cheap. hook me up with at least the number of the shop. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup, I promise you.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LA Sleeves...who's using them these days? (k20whitevic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by k20whitevic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Down here in Rochester, it only costed me $900 for Darton M.I.D.'s installed, aligned/bored/honed/decked, and only took a week.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're kidding me, right?

Where, and for what motor? Your K20?

I need their damn number.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You're kidding me, right?

Where, and for what motor? Your K20?

I need their damn number. </TD></TR></TABLE>

x2