Notices

Keep JRSC or go ALLmotor

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep JRSC or go ALLmotor

I currently have a JRSC at 6psi on a 00 si with i/h/e. I made 188whp untunned and ran constant 14.9 high wind, no traction.

This is the second time I broke my motor, last time was blown pistons, bent valves, bad rod bearings. This time my bottom end is messed up, don't know what yet but probably knock bearing or something.

I have a chance to buy my friend's fully build head with toda spec C, toda cam gears, toda valve springs, ferria valves, port and polish. I would probably get his extrudehone itr manifold, rpm throttle body etc. With a stock GSR bottom end, stock pistons.

Should I do that or stay with my JRSC and do boost upgrade (10 or 8.5) and get hondata, all thats needed to get boost upgrade and 220whp range.

What do you guys think I should do?? keep my JRSC or go spec C all motor??

I'm considering the all motor option because I want relibilty and I have to rebuild my b16 again (bottom end at least).

Please give me any suggestions or comments.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Keep JRSC or go ALLmotor (sir2k)

I might switch the spec C for skunk stage 2's because of tunning issues. Not many people have the Spec C so I'm not sure if I can get it tuned the best it can get.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:40 PM

Why are you going through motors? Do you just beat on it or what? It's really up to you, but you'll have to rev the heck out of spec C's with some serious tuning to make power. Either way you go, it'll cost money and need tuning. Good luck.

I'm not busting your ***** either guy...I was just curious.
Old 05-19-2003, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Keep JRSC or go ALLmotor (RacerXI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RacerXI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why are you going through motors? Do you just beat on it or what? It's really up to you, but you'll have to rev the heck out of spec C's with some serious tuning to make power. Either way you go, it'll cost money and need tuning. Good luck.

I'm not busting your ***** either guy...I was just curious.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because he doesn't know what he is doing. He said it was "untunned" so, probably a rising rate regulator with the good 'ole tip in detonation that the jrsc is so good at making...8psi non-intercooled with crappy fuel management will kill a motor in short order.
Old 05-19-2003, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Keep JRSC or go ALLmotor (ion_four)

I mishifted and over reved my first motor, bent valves, blown pistons. that was tunned with LINK engine management with CRV crank pully.

this time I'm not sure what happened, it just died on me after 2 months rebuilded.

since the spec C needs higher compression should I go with LS block that's already build up or go with a stock gsr block and get skunk stage 2 cams instead?
how long does Ls/vtec usually last? 40,000-100,000??
Old 05-19-2003, 07:55 PM

I'd say NA will be your friend in this perticular case.... It's a lot more forgiving then FI when not tuned to the T.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:43 PM

I'd say make the JRSC, tune it.. and stay off the redline.
and becareful when you shift.
if you have a tendency to mis-shift, a high reving set up is not for me..

just my 2 cents.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: Keep JRSC or go ALLmotor

Go NA you'll make more power..
Old 05-20-2003, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Keep JRSC or go ALLmotor (Dublocivic)

sell all the busted crap and get a turbo
Old 05-20-2003, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Keep JRSC or go ALLmotor (chusai)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chusai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd say make the JRSC, tune it.. and stay off the redline.
and becareful when you shift.
if you have a tendency to mis-shift, a high reving set up is not for me..

just my 2 cents.</TD></TR></TABLE>

good 2 cents but if you have a tendencie to misshift you shouldnt be ******* trying to race if shifting and racing didnt come to you quick than it will be somewhat hard to learn and cost money and a lot of broken parts. Im sorry but jrsc ****** suck all superchargers suck on a 4 banger it takes to much power to make power why do you think when you put a sc on a mustang and it runs low 11's and I ve seen a lot in the high 10's and you should know if you are in the CT area I know plenty of people in CT with sick stangs I hate them but they are nasty, also you need more diplacement and torque to pull thoose belts and make that power that honda's dont have, go all motor or boost, and sell that ****** supercharger, and please dont give me the argument about turbo lag because when it spools a turbo will **** on thoose over priced peices of ****, I have been in a few debates like this on this forum.
Old 05-20-2003, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Keep JRSC or go ALLmotor (BoostedsiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedsiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

good 2 cents but if you have a tendencie to misshift you shouldnt be ******* trying to race if shifting and racing didnt come to you quick than it will be somewhat hard to learn and cost money and a lot of broken parts. Im sorry but jrsc ****** suck all superchargers suck on a 4 banger it takes to much power to make power why do you think when you put a sc on a mustang and it runs low 11's and I ve seen a lot in the high 10's and you should know if you are in the CT area I know plenty of people in CT with sick stangs I hate them but they are nasty, also you need more diplacement and torque to pull thoose belts and make that power that honda's dont have, go all motor or boost, and sell that ****** supercharger, and please dont give me the argument about turbo lag because when it spools a turbo will **** on thoose over priced peices of ****, I have been in a few debates like this on this forum.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 05-20-2003, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Keep JRSC or go ALLmotor (JRSCCivic98)

Good point on the JRSC I've only once seen descent # come out of these and it was with I/H/E tuning & air/water intercooler. other wise they are horseshit.

Bottom line if those are your only two options then go all motor. That head on a GSR will outperform the JRSC.

I can't believe that your on your 3rd B-series motor and you still have deep enough pockets to play with this ****. Given that your pockets are this deep then I'm going to give you my suggestion.

TUNED! B18C1 longblock with a fat snail hanging off your manifold. 300 to the wheels daily without breaking a sweat. But I'm sure you knew this already.
Old 05-20-2003, 12:10 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: Keep JRSC or go ALLmotor (T-sohctec)

JRSC........IF you can change anything let it be turbo .
Old 05-20-2003, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Keep JRSC or go ALLmotor (HybridcivicLS-T)

I made decent power with the JRSC, 188 at stock 6psi, jdm itr header, high flow cat, 2.5 apexi N1 with stock ecu untunned.

I have a tight budget because of accidents, tickets, school. I had money to rebuild my motor previously because I had financial aid support at the time and I had a good deal with the shop.

I know that I can get a lot of power from a turbo kit running only 6psi but I was considering to go all motor because
1) I can get that head at a very low price because my friend is selling it to me
2) I want to make my car as relible as possible. I know that all motor can give me problems too but the chances are much lower then force induction (turbo, SC) at least percent wise.

I have to find out what is exactly wrong with my car, it might just be spun bearings. If it's just spun bearings and crank block is alright then I will keep that b16 stock block and just put on my friend's head with skunk2 stage 2 cams instead of the toda spec C. I can do that or save up more money and just leave my car stock with JRSC at 6psi for a little longer and see what I want to do later. I'm rushing on this because I want to buy my friend's head before he sells it to someone else, I don't want to miss out on a great deal.

so I think now my choices are
-fix my block, leave it stock with JRSC 6psi, maybe go all motor later or go boost upgrade with hondata after more research and time to save up
-other option is to fix my block, keep it a B16 motor with my friend's head but switch the toda cams to skunk stage 2 instead. I would still have a port and polish head with stage 2 cams, milled 30th, valves, rpm throttle body, extrude manifold.

let me know what you guys think

and thanks for reading my long *** posts
Old 05-20-2003, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, there is some amazing ignorance out there about the JRSC.

The kit is not about big turbo numbers. However, it is simple, easy to install, and will make very respectable power when properly tuned (ie, Hondata). You people that are telling him to sell the JRSC and go turbo are just compounding the problem. If anything, he needs to simplify.

Sonny
Old 05-20-2003, 10:54 PM
New User

Default Re: Keep JRSC or go ALLmotor (Sonny)

go turbo. a strong NA set up would be just as unreliable as a turbo set up or jrsc for that matter.....maybe even more.
Old 05-20-2003, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Keep JRSC or go ALLmotor (jinxproof99)

I'm not looking for a high hp set up right now. Just a relible car that can run 13's on street tires.

the stock b16 block with build head, skunk stage 2 seems to be the most logical solution
Old 05-20-2003, 11:11 PM

Default Re: Keep JRSC or go ALLmotor (BoostedsiR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedsiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

good 2 cents but if you have a tendencie to misshift you shouldnt be ******* trying to race if shifting and racing didnt come to you quick than it will be somewhat hard to learn and cost money and a lot of broken parts. Im sorry but jrsc ****** suck all superchargers suck on a 4 banger it takes to much power to make power why do you think when you put a sc on a mustang and it runs low 11's and I ve seen a lot in the high 10's and you should know if you are in the CT area I know plenty of people in CT with sick stangs I hate them but they are nasty, also you need more diplacement and torque to pull thoose belts and make that power that honda's dont have, go all motor or boost, and sell that ****** supercharger, and please dont give me the argument about turbo lag because when it spools a turbo will **** on thoose over priced peices of ****, I have been in a few debates like this on this forum.</TD></TR></TABLE>

First of all, please calm down. No one is trying to argue with you and I am not a die-hard fan of super charger. I ran a turbo on my car, I don't know why you got so hostile??? All the mustang talk is unnecessary, and the place I live was nothing to do with this post.

I was suggesting sir2k to run JRSC, because:
1) He already has a JRSC
2) He is on a tight budget, and he needs to budget for his motor rebuild
3) He is not going all out, he just want a quick enuf car

I also agree with Sonny and jinxproof99
Allmotor setup "can" be unreliable as well, it depends how much are you looking for. If you go Allmotor, you will have to sell the JRSC (which mean you will lose money in most cases). I think you will do just fine by rebuild your stock motor and tune it rite.

Going turbo is just meaning less, if he is blowing motor with a JRSC running at 6psi. This setup is "supposed" to be very reliable, "selling JRSC and get a turbo kit" is just complicating the problem.

Excuse my previous post if I didn't make my point clear.
Peace out
Old 05-21-2003, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Keep JRSC or go ALLmotor (chusai)

thanks for all the replies

any more comments? suggestions?
Old 05-22-2003, 01:06 AM

first mistake, jrsc.

learn how to drive. 14.9?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 05-22-2003, 01:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keep the boost.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sir2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm not looking for a high hp set up right now. Just a relible car that can run 13's on street tires.

the stock b16 block with build head, skunk stage 2 seems to be the most logical solution</TD></TR></TABLE>
If you're only running 14.9 with the JRSC, you definitely won't run 13s all motor unless you spend mad $$$! You should be running way better than 14.9. I ran 15.2 when I had my 00 Si with just AEM cai and DC Sports 4-1 header. Sounds like you just need some tuning and some practice at the track. If you don't want to go all out, and want to have a somewhat reliable car that will run 13s, you should stick with the JRSC and get it tuned. That will be your cheaper and probably more reliable route.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:05 AM

Default Re: Keep JRSC or go ALLmotor (blacksheep)

I ran a 14.9 because of no traction and high wind at sears point.

and I decided to go all motor with stock b18c5 bottom and a build head with skunk stage 2's. aiming 200+ hp
Old 05-27-2003, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well good luck with you decision. I still think that since you already have the JRSC and you're only 12 hp away from your goal of 200, you should stick with it. A SC'd car with 200+ whp is a lot better of a daily driver that a all motor car with 200+ whp. The all motor car will more than likely idle like crap due to having a serious set of cams required to achieve this amount of power.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:15 AM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sir2k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm not looking for a high hp set up right now. Just a relible car that can run 13's on street tires.

the stock b16 block with build head, skunk stage 2 seems to be the most logical solution</TD></TR></TABLE>

You already know what you want to do. Just stick with your JRSC and live life.

Quick Reply: Keep JRSC or go ALLmotor