Notices

Just purchased Turbo kit now what?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Icon3 Just purchased Turbo kit now what?

Heres the link.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...KQ3aMEWNXQ3aIT

My question is what necessary items I should look to buy to maintain a reliable setup and maintain 8lbs of boost. If i ever plan to go higher then im sure that will be more involved. But i want to stay at 8lbs for cost, and personal reason.
Motor is a healthy d16z6 and I plan to buy arp head studs. I just put the motor in. It was a used motor but i had the head off for a while on a mini me. Now im using full z6.

Other then the Head studs anyone have reccomendations of need to have items ( other than a good tune and chipped ecu) i.e. wally fuel pump? Fpr? dsm injectors and resistor box? Ive been reading alot and gathering information but ive heard from others that i can boost safely without "x" and "x" So if anyone can share their persoanl experience or expertise id appreciate it.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Just purchased Turbo kit now what?

what fuel do you want to run? If you want to run e85 i would get rc750's high imp. and a walbro 255
Old 09-15-2011, 06:48 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My advice to you if you plan to run that turbo setup on your car: Save a hefty rainy-day fund. You'll need it when that setup falls to pieces...and trust me, it will.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok everything is bound to fall apart....I guess i should look into a rebuild kit for that turbo or a new one. And im looking to run pump gas. Its not many options for me in the city. Def. gonna get the fuel pump.

Alo i will def buy a spare block n head just to be prepared. Thats how I put the z6 in
Old 09-15-2011, 08:17 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CivicxTree754
Heres the link.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...KQ3aMEWNXQ3aIT

My question is what necessary items I should look to buy to maintain a reliable setup and maintain 8lbs of boost. If i ever plan to go higher then im sure that will be more involved. But i want to stay at 8lbs for cost, and personal reason.
Motor is a healthy d16z6 and I plan to buy arp head studs. I just put the motor in. It was a used motor but i had the head off for a while on a mini me. Now im using full z6.

Other then the Head studs anyone have reccomendations of need to have items ( other than a good tune and chipped ecu) i.e. wally fuel pump? Fpr? dsm injectors and resistor box? Ive been reading alot and gathering information but ive heard from others that i can boost safely without "x" and "x" So if anyone can share their persoanl experience or expertise id appreciate it.
If you read the FAQs and did some research BEFORE you bought the kit you would not need to be asking ANY of these questions.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:36 AM

I'd take some better pics of the kit and repost it on ebay and cut your loses.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GetPowerHouse
I'd take some better pics of the kit and repost it on ebay and cut your loses.
Agreed! There has to be at least 1 more person outthere willing to spend $700 on that pile of parts. Here is my advice to you. Do with it what you will.....
Boost your car the first time using good parts and not taking any short cuts. You'll only have to do it once instead of replacing crap parts one at a time and in the end you've bought everything twice. Yes turbo's do need rebuilt over time but a quality unit will last you years before this needs to be done.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think cost is what gets people. a guy thinks ...man i wanna turbo my integra. then he adds up prices one night for all new gear and gets a total like $4175

he then looks at the figure and thinks...man i have to be able to save more than this so he looks at used parts. then one day a "kit" pops up for $600 and he thinks, hell yes, that's a deal, buys it and realizes he bought a pile of parts and is no where closer to his goal than the night he did addition.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^ how right you are

what they need to think is i can choose only two Fast, reliable, or cheap

fast and reliable wont be cheap
reliable and cheap wont be fast
cheap and fast wont be reliable

op the title of your thread is just purchased a turbo kit now what? the answer is sell it and start over and research first. egay is not the way to go when it comes to building a turbo'd car. i wouldn buy house furniture from ebay just my .02
Old 09-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would change out the manifold for a cast iron, Get hondata, 440cc injectors get the downpipe adjusted and just have some fun... I dont think it said anything about wastegate... get a tial wastegate
Old 09-15-2011, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like you know what you need. get some rc 750s a hondata and call it a day. Have fun boostin who cares if it blows up. with a tune used injectors and ecu you're prob 1500 bux from havin an aight set up. Like they said I would only change the mani and get a cast manifold. other than that intercooler bov pipes and turbo will def work for you.