Notices

Just picked up a turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just picked up a turbo

Hey every body, I'm new to the forum.

Basically I have a 93 civic hatch with a D16Z6 completed swap, lightened flywheel, short shifter, I/E custom mods, wheels, etc etc...

I was comtemplating goint all motor (pricey) or rebuild my swaped gear from my D16Z6 motor swap from the B15B7.

Anyway I got the tranny rebuilt and I happend to find a DSM turbo cheap, I mean real cheap. I got a Mitsu TD05, DSM BOV and a Talon side mount intercooler for $300.00 canadian. the turbo has all the oil lines, and cast down pipe flange with 02 sensor hole. I think I got a real sweet deal as every thing is in great condition.

I have yet to pick up the accessories, fmu, piping, boost gauge, boost controller, A/F meter. Hopfully I will beable to run 6-8 psi the summer when I do the install. I may even put an alcohol injection into the intake charge.

Any way folks any advice you have bring it to me.

cheers
Old 01-31-2002, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Just picked up a turbo (Hybrid)

What exhaust manifold do you plan on using? If you don't have one you may want to invstigate the greddy D16Z6 turbo mannifold, they use Mitsu turbos...but I'm not sure it would work. Just something to think about, Later!
Old 02-01-2002, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Just picked up a turbo (iceburgslim)

I have a standard honda manifold that we will port and custom fit. For now anyhow. When I eventually build my bottom end I will probably order a custom mage job for more flow and better spooling. although I can probably get one of my pals to make one up for me.

I figure I'll be into this complete setup for under $1000.00 canadian, thats with gauges, install and all.

oh yeah anyone interested in home made custom and cheap turbo setups check out this page

http://www.homemadeturbo.com

cheers!
Old 02-01-2002, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Just picked up a turbo (Hybrid)

oh yeah anyone interested in home made custom and cheap turbo setups check out this page

http://www.homemadeturbo.com

cheers!
Thats a great site! The "blown motors" page is crazy, he really grenaded a few!
Old 02-01-2002, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Just picked up a turbo (Accord94DX)

yeah..he did..thats crazy..I used to go to that site everyday...Its so easy for them cause they got the tools and poo poo lying around...I'm here using my traditional "hey dad...can you hand me that 10mm socket..".haha.i love that site..