Notices

just ordered AEM big brake kit, and forgot that my slicks are 14" argh!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just ordered AEM big brake kit, and forgot that my slicks are 15" argh!!!

they say you need 16" wheels, i have kosei k1 15's. do you think thell fit??? anyone running the aem kit and slicks????
Old 10-20-2003, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just ordered AEM big brake kit, and forgot that my slicks are 15" argh!!! (boosted_dc2)

well if they say you need 16" rims do you think 15" rims will fit?

pretty easy to figure out.

send it back, get a fastbrakes kit and get some 15" slicks and rims
Old 10-20-2003, 10:53 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

They actually say that you need 17" wheel but some 16 will barely make it. I had to go to 17"s cause my 16's didnt fit.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:07 PM

Default Re: (bigshit)

off topic.

-PHiZ
Old 10-20-2003, 11:22 PM

Default Re: (PHiZ)

how about just sell the stickies and buy new rims?

it's a matter of priorities.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lazerus)

aem brakes suck anyway. return them and get a fastbrakes set up if you think you need it. or, do the wise thing, and get some brembo blanks and a good set of pads, have good braking power, and not "brake" the bank.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:13 AM

Default Re: just ordered AEM big brake kit, and forgot that my slicks are 15" argh!!! (Foozball26)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Foozball26 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well if they say you need 16" rims do you think 15" rims will fit?

send it back, get a fastbrakes kit and get some 15" slicks and rims</TD></TR></TABLE>

shows what you know, the other style of aems (colored rotors) say you need 17's but some 16's will fit, ***.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just ordered AEM big brake kit, and forgot that my slicks are 15" argh!!! (boosted_dc2)

Yea, it shows im not a total ******* retard like you, the "colored" style as you put it are 2 piece rotors while the ones you probably bought are 1 piece.

YOU said you NEED 16" rims, yet you ask if your 15" rims will fit. ***

Both kits recommend 17" rims but SOME 16" will fit.

The other style is just a 2-piece rotor, the sizes are the same. Learn a little bit about what you are talking about before you come play.

maybe common sense will kick in someday? maybe not
Old 10-21-2003, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just ordered AEM big brake kit, and forgot that my slicks are 15" argh!!! (Foozball26)

oh and btw why the hell are you asking this in Forced Induction, maybe something else you need to learn? reading comprehension
Old 10-26-2003, 01:06 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted_dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they say you need 16" wheels, i have kosei k1 15's. do you think thell fit??? anyone running the aem kit and slicks????</TD></TR></TABLE>

what a waste of money. a friend of mine had a set.... biggest piece of garbage he's ever bought. he had to ditch his 15's for 16's... they didn't even help.
Old 10-26-2003, 01:32 AM

was also wondering this.. i have a aem big rotor kit (says 17" or bigger)and was wondering if there was a way to run slicks with the rotors??
Old 10-27-2003, 02:05 PM

Default Re: just ordered AEM big brake kit, and forgot that my slicks are 15" argh!!! (Tofurky)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tofurky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

what a waste of money. a friend of mine had a set.... biggest piece of garbage he's ever bought. he had to ditch his 15's for 16's... they didn't even help.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What was a waste the wheels or the brake kit???

And as for you fagball, you ******* the reason i posted it in FI is because most of us use slicks and i figured this would be the best place to ask. And you seem to be such a ****** know it all did it ever occur to you that they just might fit. They say you need 16" wheels, just as the 2 piece says you need 17" wheels yet some 16's fit. Im sure you didnt learn everything you know by experience, some of us ask questons which is all i was doing. I hope greatly that you need help someday and someone treats you like the biggest piece of ****. I also hope that they fit so i can e-mail you a picture and make you feel like such a moron.....***.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:35 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

aem big brake kit sucks ***
Old 10-27-2003, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No, I didn't learn everything from experience, but I have enough common sense to not ask dumb questions. Yes there is such thing as a dumb question and you just proved it.

riddle me this retard, what slicks do you plan on running that are 16"....lets think, oh wait I forgot you can't.
Old 10-27-2003, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

simple solution......keep your 15's and install the stock rotors when going to the track......it takes a whole 1hr - 1 1/2 (and thats if your slow) hrs to change them. that way you get to keep the slicks, and the brakes, but not at the same time. If that seams like a pain, either plan to not run slicks and have the brakes, or have the slicks and not the brakes, what i said will put you in the middle.

and the aem kit says 16's will fit, but 16's wont fit if you got the calipers also, then you have to run 17's for sure........it's funny how we go after each other when non of you tell your exact setup.......you just say aem big brake kit, now let me ask was that with or with out the 4 piston calipers?

i can't say much tho cuz i got the aem kit no calipers and all i know is that 15's do not fit.
Old 10-27-2003, 03:59 PM

who said i was looking for 16" slicks???? who has the reading problem??? just face it you try to make people feel stupid cause you think your so great. whats the point in replying in the way you did?? why did you feel the need to be such an *******???
Old 10-27-2003, 04:05 PM

Default Re: just ordered AEM big brake kit, and forgot that my slicks are 15" argh!!! (80884)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 80884 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">simple solution......keep your 15's and install the stock rotors when going to the track......it takes a whole 1hr - 1 1/2 (and thats if your slow) hrs to change them. that way you get to keep the slicks, and the brakes, but not at the same time. If that seams like a pain, either plan to not run slicks and have the brakes, or have the slicks and not the brakes, what i said will put you in the middle.

and the aem kit says 16's will fit, but 16's wont fit if you got the calipers also, then you have to run 17's for sure........it's funny how we go after each other when non of you tell your exact setup.......you just say aem big brake kit, now let me ask was that with or with out the 4 piston calipers?

i can't say much tho cuz i got the aem kit no calipers and all i know is that 15's do not fit.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for th KIND reply. and i apoligize its just the big rotor kit, with your stock caliper. the lower end one that only comes black. you know i never thought of just changing back, that seems managable, thanks for the sugestion.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My first post was to help you out then you jumped on my back. So don't get off on thinking I was the one who started it.

You said 16" rims are NEEDED, so how would you run slicks of any other size
Old 10-27-2003, 04:11 PM

i asked if 15" wheels would work, i never said a damn thing about 16" slicks. and you were trying to help me huh??? you call this help<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Foozball26 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well if they say you need 16" rims do you think 15" rims will fit?

send it back, get a fastbrakes kit and get some 15" slicks and rims</TD></TR></TABLE>

it sounds to me like your being a cocky know it all, but ill ask again why did you feel the need to reply the way you did??? why.....
Old 10-27-2003, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea it works if you don't mind changing them, yes it can be a pain but so can getting in and out of a car with a roll cage, but you know what....you need it and also you get used to it. just my suggestion cuz it seams the best way to do it since you have 15"slicks and also the kit already, had you not had the kit then you could go another way but that IMO is the thing to do. or get out the grinder and make them fit J/K
Old 10-27-2003, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boosted_dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i asked if 15" wheels would work, i never said a damn thing about 16" slicks. and you were trying to help me huh??? you call this help

it sounds to me like your being a cocky know it all, but ill ask again why did you feel the need to reply the way you did??? why.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes I do, you assumed I was being cocky when it was just a statement. You can't perceive attitude with words, so YOU took it the wrong way. not my fault.

look at the last sentence, did that not help you? AEM brakes just won't allow for any use of slicks.

Old 10-27-2003, 04:51 PM

what last sentence??? what are you talking about??? look this is gay arguing like this, i just thought with all your posts that youde be like all the other people with 1000+ posts but i guess i was wrong. my point is you dont have to answer in a degrading way like that, an i did not take it wrong, but thats a nice try.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Foozball26 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">send it back, get a fastbrakes kit and get some 15" slicks and rims</TD></TR></TABLE>

An alternate solution didn't help you?

And yes you did take it wrong, don't think for a second you can tell me how meant what I said, thats just naive

my first post was in no way degrading, you took it personally.
Old 10-27-2003, 05:02 PM

That what you said, anyone, even you would take that as an insult like i cant think for myself. Whatever im done with this, i just cant believe youve posted 1500 times and your such a dick. poor people.....
Old 10-27-2003, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Whats surprising is it only took you 400 posts

maybe you shouldn't take things so personally

Quick Reply: just ordered AEM big brake kit, and forgot that my slicks are 14" argh!!!