98 dx coupe
stock motor
greddy kit
no ems/stock ecu
FMU.....i know this will change
stock injectors.....this will change too
missing link
no cat
i don't know what the guy was thinking but he never really drove the car cause it never ran right. it runs really great if you keep it out of boost. as soon as you mash the pedal it sputters and pops and ****. i'm switching to a more tuner friendly set-up but not until after christmas. the real question is: will not having the secondary o2 affect how the car runs in boost? the primary sensor is intact and in working order. just wanna limp the car around for another month or so.
BTW i ordered a jumper harness so i can run an obd1 ecu and my 450 dsms on a crome tune. just was wondering cause never reall owned an EK coupe (obd2)
thanks
Old 11-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: just bought a turbo coupe...oxygen sensor question (dayne808)

no secondary o2 spells bad **** for an 96+ honda.

There are a few remedey's, but the #1 thing you NEED:

FUEL MANAGEMENT! Every single time you get to 0 vac or higher, you are running lean. I don't care who what and where, but your car does not have any type of fuel management... at-least get a missinglink+FMU, or better yet, do an OBDI conversion and do it right.

As for the remedy: take the secondary o2 (plugged in of course) and get "Spark Plug non-foulers" that are the correct thread to fit into the o2 bung hole. yes, bunghole.

Now, drill one out partially... just enough so you can screw the sensor into it, but leave the bottom with the hole still in it. now screw that one into the second one from the package. now screw the whole assembly into the o2 port. if you have no CAT, then it will work fine, if u have a cat, it may get a little pissy, but that will get rid of the o2 code.

please for the love od GOD: do not drive the car untill you get fuel management on it... your gonna pop it any second.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: just bought a turbo coupe...oxygen sensor question (JaredKaragen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JaredKaragen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no secondary o2 spells bad **** for an 96+ honda.

There are a few remedey's, but the #1 thing you NEED:

FUEL MANAGEMENT! Every single time you get to 0 vac or higher, you are running lean. I don't care who what and where, but your car does not have any type of fuel management... at-least get a missinglink+FMU, or better yet, do an OBDI conversion and do it right.
As for the remedy: take the secondary o2 (plugged in of course) and get "Spark Plug non-foulers" that are the correct thread to fit into the o2 bung hole. yes, bunghole.

Now, drill one out partially... just enough so you can screw the sensor into it, but leave the bottom with the hole still in it. now screw that one into the second one from the package. now screw the whole assembly into the o2 port. if you have no CAT, then it will work fine, if u have a cat, it may get a little pissy, but that will get rid of the o2 code.

please for the love od GOD: do not drive the car untill you get fuel management on it... your gonna pop it any second.</TD></TR></TABLE>

he stated he has an FMU and a missing link. reading &gt; you