Notices

Junkyard D series turbo setup...just a quick question

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Junkyard D series turbo setup...just a quick question

hey,i picked up a Garrett T3 turbo from a guy for 80 bucks today..and im getting ready to do a cheap turbo setup,just so i can fix the car up,and sell it.

heres what my setup is gonna be :

Cast iron log manifold
Tial 38mm wastegate w/dump
Garrett T3 turbo
Hks BOV
2.25'' or 2.5'' intercooler piping
FMIC
2.5'' downpipe and Exhaust w/ cat

i plan on driving around at 8-10 psi daily...but not to race..just to get ready to sell the car for a better price.

my only question since i have no experience with internally Gated turbos is this. On one side of the turbo..it has the flange for the Turbo Return line...and on the other side..it has a flange for what i believe is where the internal wastegate used to go? but im not sure..its a diamond "Style" flange just like the turbo return one,but it has a "Sqaure" port in the middle of it..and im not sure what goes there..or if i will need to block it off. and since i am going with an external wastegate..i believe it needs to be sealed or blocked off or something. If its too much hassle..i will just put the wastegate back on..and run an HF manifold or something. can anyone help me out? thanks.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Junkyard D series turbo setup...just a quick question (DC4cedInducted)

If there is a flapper with a rod on it, you can weld that flapper shut, or thread the actuator rod and fab up a bracket of sorts to hold the flapper shut with the rod. Search here or hmt for posts on how to do this. Pictures might also help, but if you read through some previous posts you should get an idea of how to take care of your prob. Good luck