Notices

JRSC w/ Uberdata vs. JRSC-High Boost w/Hondata - also, essential gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC w/ Uberdata vs. JRSC-High Boost w/Hondata - also, essential gauges?

I'm going to put a JRSC on a '00 Civic Si (B16A2).

I think I'm going to get the 'High Boost' version, with the Hondata and 440cc injectors.
This is my daily driver, and I want it to be as reliable as possible. I would prefer to keep OBDII for Ohio's E-Check emissions program, otherwise I have to figure out how to get past the stupid echeck thing everytime it needs tested.

I already have a '92 gs-r, built, turbo'd, and completely modified, and I don't want the civic to end up like it. I just want to add a decent amount of power to an already fun car.

I can save some money by getting the $2K kit and running Uberdata.. which I'm already using on my gs-r. But I'd have to buy injectors, and find an ECU, and an OBDII to OBDI harness.

The $3K kit with the Hondata will plug right in, and should run great right out of the box. However, I can't tune it at all, because I don't have the software, and I don't know if there's a tuner in the area.

Also, the Auto Meter gauge bezel that replaces the stock piece surrounding the gauge cluster is freaking cool (after having to make a dash piece to hold 4 gauges in my g2) so obviously a boost gauge is in order.
I had planned on an oil pressure gauge for the second one, but since the JRSC is self-lubricated (mmm sexy), I don't see a point. So I'm thinking water temp? Any other suggestions?

TIA