Notices

JRSC/Gsr in full weight integra?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC/Gsr in full weight integra?

how would i run? more realiable then turbo? can someone explain supercharged power to me in reference to turbo power? i've only owned and rode in many turbo cars...only rode in one supercharged car(88 Mustang 5.0 with kenny bell charger)

someone help me out...thinking about JRSC!
Old 12-09-2003, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC/Gsr in full weight integra? (inJDMtegra)

There is so many diff ways of answering your question. It all depends on what you want out of it, power, drivability? You can have this with both but it all depends on price.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

supercharged power is instant torque but some turbo's can also be that way too.

in a gsr your looking at low 14's at the base 6psi kit, possibly breaking into the high 13's.

10psi gsr's are right around 240 hp and 170tq, give or take a few.

It's fun, especially the whine.

Old 12-09-2003, 01:31 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

try using search...im sure someone has already explained it better than i ever can
Old 12-09-2003, 02:38 PM

Default Re: JRSC/Gsr in full weight integra? (DC2Slow)

MMM...great question! I had a JRSC setup in my 95si hatch with a GSR in it. Check out my signature for the pictures. I loved the kit. It was lot of fun for the time that I had it. But I eventually started riding and driving my friends turbo cars and although they didnt have as much torque they were ALOT more fun to drive. The turbo/wastegate/BOV sounds were alot more interesting then the 1 whiny sound i would get from the supercharger But if your gunna get a JRSC get it and try it out its fun you will enjoy it. 1 bad thing I noticed with my supercharger setup was that the supercharger stoped pulling higher in mph and gears. So if your looking for a highway car go turbo if your looking for a street light car go supercharger ^.-. I waxed more turbo cars from street light to street light then i have with my turbo set up because by the time there turbo lag was gone and they were fully spooled i was already down the street to far for them to cetch up before the next light ^^!
they are both fun and both have disadvantages. there has been ALOT of threads similar to yours so do a search and read up on them! + makes
Old 12-09-2003, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC/Gsr in full weight integra? (b00stedGSR)

i don't really want a car that will do 160 on the highway...a teg would prolly lift at that fast...i just want something quick 1/4...to smoke all the **** around here with there neon's...i wanna beat them so bad...that they never even look at my car again.....haha...anyways...your turbo now? what made you switch?
Old 12-09-2003, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i basically want around 250hp and good tourque...i don't wanna touch my bottom end...as i can't afford too...i'll do 550cc injectors,hondata,255lph intank pump,and 3" exhaust....but i don't wanna touch my bottom end...i'm thinking about 8-10psi..this will be on a BONE stock 97 Gsr swap...think i can hit those numbers?
Old 12-16-2003, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can vouch for an Integras safety up to 157mph (GPS confirmed) As for turbo or super, I'm planning on doing a supercharger too because of the daily driving performance aspect. As mentioned earlier, you're going to walk most turbo cars off the line because of spool time. And as for times you should expect with a JRSC on a GSR with full interior, low 14s would be realistic, but you could easily dip into the 13s with proper launching and traction. I run 14.2-3s all day long on street tires in my four door (Which weighs about 100lbs more than yours) and that's with just a B18C Spec 98, I/E, Clutch, Flywheel, and a Hondata S200. Oh yeah, it also depends on what altitude you're racing. In Alabama, we're at a lower altitude so that may have some effect on your times. Hope that helps you some.

Later,
Roach
Old 12-16-2003, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh yeah, you can easily get in the 230-240 range. We've got one from here that with a GSR motor and I/H/E made 238whp (In a 95 Civic Si weighing 2320lbs with the driver, the car went a 12.60 at 110mph). As for the injectors you picked out, if you're not planning on running higher boost later, I would just stick with some RC 440s.
Old 12-24-2003, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: JRSC/Gsr in full weight integra? (b00stedGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b00stedGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">MMM...great question! I had a JRSC setup in my 95si hatch with a GSR in it. Check out my signature for the pictures. I loved the kit. It was lot of fun for the time that I had it. But I eventually started riding and driving my friends turbo cars and although they didnt have as much torque they were ALOT more fun to drive. The turbo/wastegate/BOV sounds were alot more interesting then the 1 whiny sound i would get from the supercharger But if your gunna get a JRSC get it and try it out its fun you will enjoy it. 1 bad thing I noticed with my supercharger setup was that the supercharger stoped pulling higher in mph and gears. So if your looking for a highway car go turbo if your looking for a street light car go supercharger ^.-. I waxed more turbo cars from street light to street light then i have with my turbo set up because by the time there turbo lag was gone and they were fully spooled i was already down the street to far for them to cetch up before the next light ^^!
they are both fun and both have disadvantages. there has been ALOT of threads similar to yours so do a search and read up on them! + makes </TD></TR></TABLE>I really like when someone gives a mature honest answer with the pro's & con's of each F/I mod.
Old 12-24-2003, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by inJDMtegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how would i run? more realiable then turbo? can someone explain supercharged power to me in reference to turbo power? i've only owned and rode in many turbo cars...only rode in one supercharged car(88 Mustang 5.0 with kenny bell charger)

someone help me out...thinking about JRSC!</TD></TR></TABLE> I drove a 95 GSR Teg with a GSR C.A.I., JRSC @ 8lbs., a two piece tri-y DC header (with US spec collector), stock cat, Tanabe Medallion catback and thats it! Stock eng. manag. and injectors. 18" whls. and full interior. On street tires it ran a 13.36 and blew my mind! When I drove it myself I couldn't believe the raw trq this thing had! Yes I've driven much faster cars but, for street use, this this had stump pulling trq! I'm gonna put on on my R for sure.
Old 12-24-2003, 10:58 PM
New User

Default Re: JRSC/Gsr in full weight integra? (FourDoorTypeR)

traction is an issue on a sc'd honda..... lsd definatly worth it.... without it you might as well not even race. clutch wise, 10+ psi you will want something tougher than oem. good luck
Old 12-25-2003, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC/Gsr in full weight integra? (Erik_Pb_Foot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Erik_Pb_Foot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">traction is an issue on a sc'd honda..... lsd definatly worth it.... without it you might as well not even race. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree because you will have so much power down low that traction will be an issue.