Notices

JRSC Fuel Enrichment Relay

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2002, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC Fuel Enrichment Relay

It's here, it's here!! UPS dropped off two big boxes on my doorstep yesterday, I'm almost supercharged!!

I have one question, I'm obviously installing a JRSC on my 95 civic. The car already has larger injectors and a bullfrog computer programmed to run them. I have the JR timing control, new fuel pump and Cartech fuel pressure regulator I will be installing with the supercharger.

My question is the JR Fuel Enrichment relay, my understanding is that it "tricks" the computer into thinking the air is colder than it really is, thus increasing the duty cycle of the injectors. With the larger injectors, reprogrammed computer and Cartech FPR, do I need this thing? I don't really like the whole idea of how this thing works. When does it adjust the duty cycle, over the whole rpm range, at closed-loop part-throttle?

Thanks in Advance,

------
Best Regards,

Darren D. Wall darrenwall@netzero.net
1995 Civic DX HB
Go: Gude, AEM, DC Sports, B&M, Weapon-R, 5-Zigen
Turn: AGX, Tenzo-R, Pirelli
Stop: Axxis, Powerstop
Look: PPG, APC, Xenon, Wings West

Old 03-28-2002, 07:13 AM

Default Re: JRSC Fuel Enrichment Relay (darrenwall)

I doubt your Bulfrog computer is programmed exactly for your setup. Hence, hwo can somebody know how the JRSC will affect on your setup. You must dyno tune it and then look where you are lean/reach and reprogramm it. Is this Bullfrog ECU a standalone?

nope, with a standalone you donīt need this relay, and yes the relay works like you desribed it.
Old 03-28-2002, 08:20 AM

Default Re: JRSC Fuel Enrichment Relay (austrian type-R)

if you go hondata you can skip the relay, and the fpr.
the jackson kit comes with a boost dependant riser, but is adjustable, you'll have to reduce the rate to keep from going super rich. at 8psi mine ran as high as 90 psi, and with my 440's, made a big mess. it will be a pain to get it right, lots of bandaids and effort... just get a hondata instead.