Notices

JR Supercharger + Hondata ????!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Supercharger + Hondata ????!!!!

And yes I searched for this and could not find a satisfying answer.....

I am looking to better tune my car with a hondata ecu. At the moment Iam running with an FMU and an walbro intank fuel pump and an msd inline fuel pump (everything else in the fuel system is stock). I am boosting at 9psi and everything seems to be running good I just want a well tuned machine.

If i were to run hondata I know i would need bigger injectors but would I need the walbro and msd pumps, and besides just hondata what else would I need?

I was thinking about just buying the boost upgrade from JR but it comes with the s200 ecu...

Is there a huge difference between the S200 and the S300 Hondata ECU???

Old 06-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JR Supercharger + Hondata ????!!!! (Dyelon)

bump
Old 06-22-2007, 10:49 AM

Keep the Walbro, ditch the Msd.

I'm not sure if I'm forgetting anything but I think you'll just need the little stuff:

map sensor relocator
possibly the adapter harness for the ecu

I have the s200 and want to upgrade to the s300, so if you have the money save yourself the time and start with the better.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JR Supercharger + Hondata ????!!!! (i2un)

Thanks for the info but what exactly does the map sensor relocator do??

and doesn't the hondata ecu just plug and play with your stock ecu?
Old 06-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The map relocator lets the map sensor see boost.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you probibly have a map sensor spacer so the map cant see boost and the fmu just dumps in fuel.

what you need to do it ditch the msd, keep the walbro and get some injectors like rc 550cc injectors and get it tuned on hondata.

i have the hondata s200b and it works great and has plenty of features for you to grow on, but if you want even more get the s300
Old 06-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JR Supercharger + Hondata ????!!!! (i2un)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by i2un &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Keep the Walbro, ditch the Msd. </TD></TR></TABLE>

[QUOTE=redlsvtec4door]what you need to do it ditch the msd, keep the walbro and get some injectors like rc 550cc injectors QUOTE]

So should I ditch the Walbro or the MSD, and wouldn't 440cc injectors work just fine? The boost upgrade kit comes with JR 440cc injectors, but i wasn't so sure the JR injectors were a good reliable brand...

Would it be worth it to piece a boost upgrade kit together or just buy the one from JR

thanks for the input thus far....
Old 06-22-2007, 03:13 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dyelon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for the info but what exactly does the map sensor relocator do??

and doesn't the hondata ecu just plug and play with your stock ecu?</TD></TR></TABLE>

When you convert to Hondata your map sensor needs to read the boost like the guy above stated. The relocator basically plugs the hole where your sensor was connected to. Then you can connect the sensor to your JR manifold with a vacuum hose. Some relocators are cheap but they'll do the job. The one I used was from the JR Map sensor kit.

Your obd2 ecu gets replaced with a chipped Obd1 ecu. To connect that, you'll either need a harness or a socketed OBD1 P28 with Built in OBD2 adapter (sold thru hondata or a hondata dealer).

Old 06-22-2007, 03:24 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dyelon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

[QUOTE=redlsvtec4door]what you need to do it ditch the msd, keep the walbro and get some injectors like rc 550cc injectors QUOTE]

So should I ditch the Walbro or the MSD, and wouldn't 440cc injectors work just fine? The boost upgrade kit comes with JR 440cc injectors, but i wasn't so sure the JR injectors were a good reliable brand...

Would it be worth it to piece a boost upgrade kit together or just buy the one from JR

thanks for the input thus far.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Keep the Walbro pump. Lose the MSD. 440's will work just fine. But some people want bigger injectors in case they change set-ups and need room to grow. 440's max out around 260whp.

Piece it together. It'll be cheaper. JR uses RC injectors which are great but you could buy those from almost anywhere other than JR.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:35 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: JR Supercharger + Hondata ????!!!! (spets)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spets &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The map relocator lets the map sensor see boost.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No the map relocator makes it so the map sensor doesn't see boost.