Notices

JR Supercharged GS-R

Old 10-25-2005, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Supercharged GS-R

Hi tuners! Im a newbie to the site and need a little education and much valued advice.

Got a 96 civic w/99 GS-R swap runnin a 96 GS-R ECU. Has a JR Supercharger 7 psi, Gude mild port and polished head, AEM fuel rail and aem fuel pressure regulator, Walbro 255 liter fuel pump, MSD 6a MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 9mm Wires, and Msd cap, Fully adjustable hayami Cam gears, short ram intake, full greddy evo 2, dc 4-1 headers, and a few other things. It has been tuned but with the 96 GS-R ECU. The timing is set something like retarded 10 degrees for the supercharger. And no cat so its missing the 2nd o2 sensor, so its running closed loop and makes check engine light on. (dont laugh at me if I said something that is totally not possible)

I don't really have any education on the tuning or forced induction. I want to get a Hondata s300.

What do you think? Will that make it more reliable and keep me from blowing the motor. Will the motor bolow without an EMU? I have heard the pre-detination before when Im gettin on it and know to get off the gas immediately. The problem now is without an engine management system the boost can creap too high and it won't get enough fuel and will blow the engine....RIGHT???

What would you recommend? Im willing to spend the $ to get it right.

THX...justin
Old 10-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: JR Supercharged GS-R (justinb18c)

depending on how much money/time you want to spend. i would say look into AEM EMS if you had over a grand to spend and want to stay inspection emissions compliant.
if you have less money, go obd1 and get it tuned on hondata or something.
if you have even less money, go obd1, get access to a wideband and tune yourself with crome or uberdata. i prefer crome

good luck