Notices

JDM EK9 Civic Type-R Turbo "ADVICE NEEDED - PLEASE HELP"

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 03:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM EK9 Civic Type-R Turbo "ADVICE NEEDED - PLEASE HELP"

Hi im Simon a new member from Northern Ireland who needs some help/advise on how to set up my baby which is... 99" EK9 Civic Type-R with a GREEDY turbo kit including GREDDY intercooler, RC440 injectors, 2.6mm HKS head gasket, Adj fuel preasure regulator, APEXI power FC & Comander, MUGEN exhaust system etc etc...

My 1st problem is i want to know what compression ratio should i be running, with what boost preasure etc ??? Its running bout 9.0.1 at the minute with the HKS 2.6mm gasket.....

Do i need to change the map sensor or is it true the orignal will read ok up to a bar of boost??
Old 09-01-2004, 06:18 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: JDM EK9 Civic Type-R Turbo "ADVICE NEEDED - PLEASE HELP" (UKek9Turbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by UKek9Turbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi im Simon a new member from Northern Ireland who needs some help/advise on how to set up my baby which is... 99" EK9 Civic Type-R with a GREEDY turbo kit including GREDDY intercooler, RC440 injectors, 2.6mm HKS head gasket, Adj fuel preasure regulator, APEXI power FC & Comander, MUGEN exhaust system etc etc...

My 1st problem is i want to know what compression ratio should i be running, with what boost preasure etc ??? Its running bout 9.0.1 at the minute with the HKS 2.6mm gasket.....

Do i need to change the map sensor or is it true the orignal will read ok up to a bar of boost??
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hi, welcome to H-T. A couple of things.

The 9.0:1 compression ratio is fine for the EK9, via the HKS head gasket, though I would recommend using stronger internals in the future of lower compression. (I know they are a bit more available in the states, so your approach will do).

For the EK9 POWER FC, (i'm using one myself) you'll need the APEX'i map sensor that is available for with the Power FC. The stock map sensor will not not be useful to you, especially if you're increasing boost a bit. But that is remedial portion of your situation.

Since you are using the POWER FC w/ BOOST, even though you are using the commander, for the boost application, the FC DATALOGIT laptop program is highly recommended for this, because the map readings on the Commander are limited to almost a 5 X 5 map, that no tuner will want to tune with. IT would easily take 10 hours to perform the tune. It would be best to use the datalogit. The only problem is that the FC Datalogit is internationally backordered for about 2 months. I'm still waiting myself.

As for the turbo itself, the best one to use is the T3/T04E 57 trim turbo for such a low compression 81mm application. I can help you obtain one of those as well.
Good luck. Let