Jackson Racing Crank Pulley (How does it benefit?)

Old 06-20-2015, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Jackson Racing Crank Pulley (How does it benefit?)

So I have am installing my JRSC. I have a jackson racing crank pulley. I was just curious what the benefit of one is? Is it something I need installed? I am installing it either way, I already have my crank pulley. I do have plans of bumping up to the 8 psi pulley. I have a buddy who is going to help me chip an ECU and tune it. Getting rid of the fmu and map controller. Any information is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-20-2015, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jackson Racing Crank Pulley (How does it benefit?)

This is the crank pulley I have.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It appears that you have a '96-00 Civic "D" series kit... which uses a 3-rib drive belt, and this is why the crank pulley is necessary. If you install it on a '92-95 civic, a 4 rib belt works just fine... and a stock style crank pulley works as well.

Replacement JR 3-rib blower pulleys are nearly impossible to find but 4 rib pulleys are available... but using them on an EK is tight.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am reviving this post. I had to remove my stock crankshaft pulley to do a timing belt and get the water pump properly torqued - didn't have a small enough torque wrench before. Should I install the upgraded crank pulley? I read somewhere that it can damage my engine if I don't have it balanced for it. Is this true? Also, will it show any benefit at all when it comes to power? Thanks!