Notices

j&s safeguard and greddy bluebox question

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default j&s safeguard and greddy bluebox question HELP PLEASE!!

Does the bluebox do anything with the map sensor besides hiding the boost from the ecu? Currently my safeguard is hiding the boost from the ecu (map wires are hooked in there). Will it be safe to use the bluebox if I don't hook up the map signal?

Modified by dmah at 8:31 PM 6/3/2003
Old 06-03-2003, 11:30 AM

Default Re: j&s safeguard and greddy bluebox question (dmah)

This what I wrote Greddy and their reply...
Does the FCU (blue box) do anything with the MAP reading or it is purely for hiding the boost from the ECU (like a missing link)? I currently have the MAP plugged into my J&S Safeguard to hide the boost reading from the ECU. I have the Greddy turbo kit for my 99 prelude. Thanks for your time.

Don

The FCU along with the MAP cut alters air flow vole and injector duty cycle accommodate for 1. the larger injectors included in the kit, and 2. the increased fuel necessary under boosting conditions.
So if the j&s safeguard and bluebox need the map reading... how do I hook both of them up? Split the incoming map reading to safeguard and bluebox and let the bluebox send the out map voltage? help please!!!!!
Old 06-03-2003, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: j&s safeguard and greddy bluebox question HELP PLEASE!! (dmah)

The J&S is just a voltage clamp for the MAP signal. If you're using the blue box to modify the MAP signal, then don't hook the J&S up. There is no reason for the J&S to clamp the voltage if the blue box is doing it already.

Just use the J&S for the knock and BTM functions and let the blue box take care of the fuel.

Sonny
Old 06-03-2003, 11:40 AM

Default Re: j&s safeguard and greddy bluebox question HELP PLEASE!! (Sonny)

Thanks Sonny, I wasn't sure if the safeguard was relying on the MAP reading for anything useful other then hide the voltage from the ECU. So the bluebox does rely on the MAP reading... I thought that it was acting only as a missing link
Old 06-03-2003, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: j&s safeguard and greddy bluebox question HELP PLEASE!! (dmah)

The Safeguard's MAP limiter function works similar to the way the missing link does except that the Safeguard's setup is adjustable. This doesn't apply in your case though since you have the blue box.

The blue box definitely plays with the MAP voltage going to the ECU. That's how the kit is able to use the larger injectors.

Sonny