Notices

its good idea to use crv 5spd trans on b20vtec 600+hp

Old 02-18-2008, 04:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default its good idea to use crv 5spd trans on b20vtec 600+hp

hey
im doing a project of honda del sol awd and i know u saw like this project before but i want to do something diff (first im here to get some help and advise)
im now near to finish the engine the specs:
b16a head
skunk2 pro camshafts
aem camgears
skunk2 valves spri..etc

b20 block
eagle rods cp pistons sleeve..etc

the turbo and its the important thing is:
gt35r tial 44mm wg hks bof and soon Neukin topmount manifold and dp

well im here not to ask how much hp ill get and..etc

actually now im thinking to use the crv trany and im not realy know what will hapened its will be great project or just failed cause ididnt any body do the same befor i mean awd + high hp
im thinking its will be better than evo sti etc IN SAME HP
im still doing my research and i need more info from ppl know more and ppl have more experience than me
its my FIRST PROJECT but im not clearly noob actually i have 2 years study mechanics and im still working on it i know its not long time for compare with other ppl...

here some from my work:

http://www.q8yhand.com/myproject/Dates/d43

http://www.q8yhand.com/myproject/Dates/d34

http://www.q8yhand.com/myproject/Dates/d21

http://www.q8yhand.com/myproject/Dates/d30

http://www.q8yhand.com/myproject/Dates/d59

http://www.q8yhand.com/myproject/Dates/d67

thanks
Old 02-18-2008, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: its good idea to use crv 5spd trans on b20vtec 600+hp (q8delsol)

Sounds like a nice project but i think 600bhp through a CRV gearbox would blow it to pieces!

For what i hear the ratios in the CRV box are not too clever but i'm sure someone with a bit more knowledge will chirp in.

Have a read on Epic's build thread, i think it's been asked if CRV gearboxs are up to the task.

Anyhow, good luck with the project
Old 02-18-2008, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: its good idea to use crv 5spd trans on b20vtec 600+hp (Powelly)

i don't see any progress or "work" in the pix.. just a bunch of dirty parts & some boxes...

Anyways, the crv stock tranny's arn't going to hold 600hp abuse for very long, if at all.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:57 AM

Default Re: its good idea to use crv 5spd trans on b20vtec 600+hp (Powelly)

ok isnt there any company make some products for it! like stronger gears diff ratios!
i saw befor a website of combany for gearbox maker or something like that and its have alot of products for diff trans and custom gears so any one hear about it!
isnt anyway to use the crv trany on 600hp!

please more info...
Old 02-18-2008, 07:00 AM

oh yea idont have the website i saw it before more than one year and i have 2 hours keep searching for it....still nothing
Old 02-18-2008, 10:15 AM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

Just look at the crv transfercase/front diff whatever you want to call it. That thing will blow the fu$k up. Also rear diff axles are a size of match sticks so I'm willing to bet that the diff is not much stronger neither. I much rather invest in some slicks, traction bars and good suspension set up.

If it's your first turbo build and especially if in a country that there is not a huge amount of support and some lack of experience. I would start small and go from there. Something cheap that blows up is alot better then something very expensive that blows up.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: its good idea to use crv 5spd trans on b20vtec 600+hp (Running925)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Running925 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i don't see any progress or "work" in the pix.. just a bunch of dirty parts & some boxes... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I looked through all the pics....I'm not seeing any "work".

I think the CRV tranny may withstand some power, but the rest of the drivetrain will struggle. It may survive if you slip the clutch on launches and don't abuse it too heavily, but I wouldn't count on it.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:32 AM

Default Re: its good idea to use crv 5spd trans on b20vtec 600+hp (ABK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ABK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just look at the crv transfercase/front diff whatever you want to call it. That thing will blow the fu$k up. Also rear diff axles are a size of match sticks so I'm willing to bet that the diff is not much stronger neither. I much rather invest in some slicks, traction bars and good suspension set up.</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC000E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I think the CRV tranny may withstand some power, but the rest of the drivetrain will struggle. It may survive if you slip the clutch on launches and don't abuse it too heavily, but I wouldn't count on it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes i know that and what i want to ask about is is there any way to use it?? could i replace the gears or the transfercase? is there aby product for crv's tranny? is there any crv with high hp ?
i know i wouldnt use it stock. if i should hypird it ill but i need to know where to get the stuff of crv tranny's
and the about the raer diff im not thinking to use the crv raer diff i have to change it for other car audi tt evo sti etc still far from this point first i want to know if there any other way to use the crv tranny! is there any custom made for gears!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ABK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If it's your first turbo build and especially if in a country that there is not a huge amount of support and some lack of experience. I would start small and go from there. Something cheap that blows up is alot better then something very expensive that blows up.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i know that and i realy study before any new step. and i do read actually some days i read over 5 hours about mechnic things and honda's etc so im realy not urgent to finish the project

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC000E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah, I looked through all the pics....I'm not seeing any "work".</TD></TR></TABLE>
actually i get random links from my web if u interesting u can visit this page
http://www.q8yhand.com/myproject/
sorry its in arabic

thanks for the post's i hope get more info on it
Old 02-19-2008, 05:40 PM

please more help
Old 02-20-2008, 01:26 AM

up..
Old 02-20-2008, 11:05 AM

what about liperty gears and M Factory could they make custom gears and diff?
anybody have the websites or other custom gears?
Old 02-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would PM "Bense" he seems to know alot about transmissions.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:07 PM

Default Re: (0c00l)

idont know how to PM anybody through this site but i use ''Send Instant Message to Bense''
and i hope he'll check it
thanks anyway
Old 02-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (q8delsol)

Im so used to other forums, but yea thats what I meant
Old 02-22-2008, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There's a 350whp AWD Integra around here. I haven't heard anything of it for quite some time though.

600whp will be breaking transfer cases and rear diffs like it's cool.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:43 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 0c00l &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im so used to other forums, but yea thats what I meant</TD></TR></TABLE>
yea i do it and i sent email to him nothing yet..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SovXietday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There's a 350whp AWD Integra around here. I haven't heard anything of it for quite some time though.

600whp will be breaking transfer cases and rear diffs like it's cool.</TD></TR></TABLE>
well thats great with 350whp on it i guess its could hold more not sure how more but i havnt hear about broken crv trans befor i mean the reason with hp!

anyway ill change the rear diffs for sure with other like evo or audi tt or sti something can hold high hp easly

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rota92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Liberty wont make you any other custom stuff than what they already make, and it's not cheap nor very streetable lol

You're best bet is to re think the setup IMO </TD></TR></TABLE>
i meant if there any coompany could make stronger gears? not just liberty gears

i dont think its impossible special we in honda-tech i dont see any impossible project befor so is there any solutions
Old 02-26-2008, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dident inline pro or somebody have a crv that was pretty fast i remember seeing it at budds creek a few years back i have a video of it to
Old 02-26-2008, 05:59 AM

Default Re: (tegdude227)

yea i saw some broken trany and the problem not just in the gears actually the case himself broken too so no way to use it even we change the diff gears..
please put the video i like to see it
Old 02-26-2008, 09:55 AM
Man U FTW

You could do it, but it isnt going to be cheap. If you're hell bent on an AWD setup, either lower the power goals or move onto Subaru or Mitsubishi. The fact is, the CRV tranny is not strong enough to handle 600whp. If you were to build the tranny, you'd still have to consider the transfer case and the rear end. If you replace all of that ($$$), you may have something feasable.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by q8delsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well thats great with 350whp on it i guess its could hold more not sure how more but i havnt hear about broken crv trans befor i mean the reason with hp!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You've never heard of it before because it's never been done, lol.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:25 PM

Default Re: (Schister66)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you were to build the tranny, you'd still have to consider the transfer case and the rear end. If you replace all of that ($$$), you may have something feasable. </TD></TR></TABLE>
please i need ways and numbers, im from kuwait and here i couldnt find custom things like there. we dont have good labour hand and we should buy everything from usa and shipping to here its realy long story and isnt cheap too

i know there is alot of labour hand like manifold's weldding bodykits maker and other..
if i could make it with more ($$$) just let me know how and where. like what i said this is the second year working on my project so i want to do everything possible.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SovXietday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You've never heard of it before because it's never been done, lol. </TD></TR></TABLE>
but isnt impossible to do, is it!
Old 02-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by q8delsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but isnt impossible to do, is it!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Technically not impossible, I guess, but it would be stupid. The CRV rear end isn't meant to hold a lot of power, it uses a tiny driveshaft and is a tiny rear end. Go buy a Skyline GTR or an EVO or a DSM if you want AWD.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:44 PM

Default Re: (tokesGTR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tokesGTR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Technically not impossible, I guess, but it would be stupid. The CRV rear end isn't meant to hold a lot of power, it uses a tiny driveshaft and is a tiny rear end. Go buy a Skyline GTR or an EVO or a DSM if you want AWD.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i never said ill use the crv rear end and driveshaft, ill change all of that its like hybrid with mitsu or subaru but now im worry about the trany could i use just the crv trany and ill change every other thing rear diff driveshafts etc
Old 02-26-2008, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

K first off, go see Rally sol, its been done, and if you read through all his post it will get you going in the right direction... I actually had plans for this myself... but for the moment decided not to do it because of how much its going to cost... if you wanna spend 10k to be different, by all means go for it... as for your project, no, the CRV tranny wont hold the power... well the tranny might, as its very similar to the rest of the B series trannies, the transfer case WONT! and yes, here in boston, we have boston gear, that will make whatever the hell you can think of for that gearbox... but for a lot of money... on top of that, you might want to look into the rest of the car too... like your diff idea is nice, but how are you going to get axles...? Rallysol is going through the wagovan viscous coupling, and its rear diff, which happens to be beastly and looks like it would hold 600hp... theres also a chance of using a quaife type LSD out of one of the d series trannies, along with some performance axles from those trannies, you'll also need to cut appart your rear control arms and piece them together with the wagovan ones... As for things holding together, like on of the guys said, if youre gentle it'll hold... but then again if youre gentle it wont be beating evos and the likes... so a more reasonable goal would be 300hp pushing limits at 400hp... and a lot of money...
Or you can buy slicks, traction bars, and run 10s for far less... I am rooting for ya, keep me posted on your progress, if you do well, I may try it! hehe
Good luck!
Old 03-14-2008, 11:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (CRXminiZ)

Well first off 600 might be to much but no ones done it so try it...my goal is about 400whp for my new project...I've been collecting parts and I have everything to convert to 4WD and I've only have about $800(CRV trans, transfer case, rear + Wagovan driveshaft, coupler, rear, axles, and trailing arms) into it...you guys just need to look for deals...

If you plan to run something other then the CRV rear (all alum) you will be eliminating the 4WD pump in it, this means you will be putting power to the rear wheels constantly unlike the system originally works...My self and RallySol are going to use the stronger Wagovan rear(steel ) but in order to do this you also need to incorperate the wagovan hydraulic coupler, other wise again you will be runing power to the back constantly which the system wasn't meant to do...i don't see a huge problem with run tons of power with the system working properly..since it only activates when the front wheels slip and only sends enough power to regain traction the rear i would imagne never see more then 10-30% not sure of the actual amount so keeping that in mind ideal if the rear can handle 200hp you would be safe...Look into rallysols project you can see he had compared a D series FWD diff to the rear and found similarities...it might be posible to get one in and a FWD diff should handle 200hp ...axles can be custom for the rear, i mean if you have the funds for a 600hp build im sure custom axles aren't going to break the bank...only thing i don't know about handling the power is the hydraulic coupler...

The CRV trans i would imagine be under a lot of stress i couldn't tell you about the transfer case this might be the weak link but i believe is just 2 gears internally converting the power from the transfer gear on the FWD diff to the propeller shaft...so i imagine getting some custom stronger gears might be your only option but that might be $$...after doing some research I discovered that the CRV 3rd and 5th gears I believe are the same P/N as the 97+ prelude which means you should look into H/F series gears which might make it easier to find some custom/stronger gears...

Well I hope that helps keep me updated on your project