Notices

issues since popped headgasket - timing? fuel pressure reg? ls/vtec turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default issues since popped headgasket - timing? fuel pressure reg? ls/vtec turbo

ok so i bought my built turbo ls/vtec teg that screamed for the 1st 2 weeks i had it until i was involved in a top-end race with my dad in his hemi awd magnum when i popped a headgasket. I replaced the headgasket but the car doesnt run the same. It breaks up/hestitates on top-end now (like 4th-5th gear WOT, it might also do it in lower gears but because it burns the tires so bad in earlier gears i am just grabbing the next gear so it might not be noticed, but might happen under any load). So i am thinking it might be timing because i didnt mark the disturbutor when i took it out. Also the shop who built the car didnt make a bracket for the fuel pressure regulater so the adjustment could have been bumped when i was fabbing a bracket for it and putting the car back together. Keep in mind that i am running hondata stage 2 (which it was all tuned before i bought it), my AEM wideband UEGO gauge buries to rich under boost around 10 psi, and i have already replaced the colder plugs, switched to msd wires, cap, and rotor, to run with the msd box becuz i thought it was a miss. But i am stumped and i dont wanna pay a tuner $500 bucks to tell me my timing was off. So please help! what should the base timing be set at? i think it is about 20 degrees right now, what should my fuel pressure be for the 440 cc injectors? Thank u for any insite
Old 03-31-2007, 04:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: issues since popped headgasket - timing? fuel pressure reg? ls/vtec turbo (boostonthebrain)

So, you have a MSD box?

Try switching your ignition components back to stock see if it makes a difference

I believe 20* degrees for you base timing is incorrect. 16* sounds more like it.

Modified by maddog20 at 4:18 PM 3/31/2007