Notices

Intrest in Oil Sender relocator/dist block? (like vacuum block)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Intrest in Oil Sender relocator/dist block? (like vacuum block)

I was thinking about making my own relocator/distributor block (idea from http://theoldone.com/articles/...p.jpg) The tools, fittings & metal I'll need to purchase could make it competitive with something like stealthmode's oil adapter Tee-fitting (price relative to funtion). Even moreso if I was to make a few at once.

I was thinking about making it out of a brass block, one female BSPT-thread hole (oil sender fits in w/o any problems), 3 (or more) NPT female holes. It'd be compact and use 1-3 feet of 1/4" tubing (or 3/8" for good flow), as well as use compression fittings for the hose. Also would addapt to the motor with proper threads.

Any other suggestions? Just wondering if anyone would be willing to pay a few bills for one. (don't think rules let me list a price) Deffinately cheaper than fixing a broken engine block
Old 07-02-2005, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let see some pictures.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (V-SPEC 1)

Umm, I could draw some...

I'm willing to pitch in enough to make 12 units, they'd look close to the picture from endyn above. Differences would basicly be 1/4" soft/flexable copper lines and an extra outlet (or two) for aftermarket oil temp/pressure guages, as well as a turbo (main reason I'm making it). It'd have a loop in it for less strain on the tubing and block, but it could always be mounted elsewhere on the block or intake manifold. I considered poly & nylon tubing, but they are only rated for 220-260*F, and Hondas can surpass that on the track. All the fittings/tuning would easily hold a few hundred psi. Overkill is the operative word.

I'm not trying to compete with the stealthmode product directly (I'll probably buy his turbo lines ), its just a different type of supply. His is $50 shipped, which uses the elbow, stainless lines, and offers 2 npt (from what I guess) and 1 bsp (on the block's Tee). I believe that if it's priced close to that, it wouldn't be unreasonable. It'd take more than that for parts/material to make a single one.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (HiProfile)

I can always appreciate a thinker when it comes to creating new products/ways of doing things. My firewall kit isn't a large volume item for me, so maybe with a price/function imbalance you could create a higher demand. Either way, good luck and PM me if you would like my thoughts.