Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/)
-   -   Integra Stock ls turbo - parts suggestions (https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/integra-stock-ls-turbo-parts-suggestions-3204874/)

Dja-lex 04-24-2014 09:01 PM

Integra Stock ls turbo - parts suggestions

Okay h-t i have this integra i have plans to turbo (big suprise right?) ive done quite a bit of research and the things i have learned are that yes a stock ls block can handle 300 horse and that you want each part of the turbo setup to compliment eachother. I dont need 300hp But im going through all the motions making sure everything is okay before boosing. So what i want to know is - what parts are strongly reccomended to be updated/upgraded? For example ive heard the valves should be done because you dont want them to burn up. Im doing this on a budget (another suprise right?) so what parts can i cheap on and what brand parts compliment eachother best? Lastly idc about ac but is it safe to use the civic half radiator? To be clear the basic goal is get the right parts, bolt, tune, and go. Maybe im crazy maybe im not. Constructive thoughts please and thankyou.

NotARaCist 04-24-2014 09:27 PM

Re: Integra Stock ls turbo - parts suggestions

***Forced Induction Forum FAQ***

Start reading. Your questions are all answered there. You don't need to replace your valves.

Dja-lex 04-24-2014 10:55 PM

K. Should have known some one was just gonna tell me to read up. Ive read so many of other peoples threads and none of them have the specific answers im searching for. So to be specific per the forum rules what im trying to do is make my car faster while touching as little of the internals as possible. Specific sizes would be great i.e. Injectors orr fuel pump, i want to get quality parts where quality parts are needed. Whats a COMMON turbo to use on a 1.8 if i have to piece this together? I know im not crazy, if no one can relate to these questions maybe i was wrong in trying to seek out answers online.

m4xwellmurd3r 04-24-2014 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by NotARacist (Post 49678150)
***Forced Induction Forum FAQ***

Start reading. Your questions are all answered there. You don't need to replace your valves.

X2

NotARaCist 04-24-2014 11:28 PM

Absolutely EVERYTHING you need to know about turbo size selection can be found in this thread, if you actually want to put in the effort to figure out what size would be best for you.

If you don't want to put that effort in, read other people's build threads, see what others have to say about their turbos. this thread, this thread, and this thread, are all easily found on the first page, and tell you what turbos they're using. If you really just don't want to read, and just want things handed to you...GT28 series, GT30 series. Pick one and roll with it.

Dja-lex 04-25-2014 01:26 AM

That last tidbit was greatt. Nothing to do with effort or lack there of. Just trying to get some answers from people with personal experience, what parts compliment eachother well? Dont need a book thrown at me. But nvm this was a bust ill try again at another time

Schister66 04-25-2014 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Dja-lex (Post 49678280)
Dont need a book thrown at me. But nvm this was a bust ill try again at another time

Unfortunately, thats the best way to learn. We could give you all the answers, but then you're trusting that we know what we're talking about...and with turbo setups, there are 10,000 different opinions floating around. How do you know who's telling you the truth and who's talking out of their ass? Its hard to know unless you educate yourself on the subject; moreover, once you have a turbocharged Honda, you need to maintain and trouble-shoot issues on your own...no more bringing it to the local shop for a quick fix. If you have no idea what your setup consists of and how it all works together, good luck working on it.

We've all gone through the 'learning curve' and if you want to boost your car successfully, you'll have to suck it up and read/research/learn as well. That's not to say we wont help you, but unless you have at least a basic understanding of turbo setups, you wont understand the answers we give you.

90daluv 04-25-2014 04:46 AM

Read through the b18b turbo setups post. But on my stock ls motor i'm going to be upgrading my head gasket, headstuds, water pump, oil pump and timing belt. I will also be running a skunk2 intake manifold and 70mm tb. The turbo will be t3/t4 57 trim hoping for 260-270 whp on 10-12 psi til I go ls/v. The fuel pump and injectors should be upgraded also.

m4xwellmurd3r 04-25-2014 05:50 AM

Hell im goin on 3 years of solid research to boost my car and im still looking up things to learn and parts to compliment my build.

Boosting an engine isnt an easy or simple task. You cant just have someone tell you what to do and expect it to work.
Maybe you can do that with simple engine swaps, but that wont work with turbos

whitesihatch 04-25-2014 10:26 AM

50 trim.