Notices

Intake Manifold: Full Race/GE/Carbon Fiber

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake Manifold: Full Race/GE/Carbon Fiber

Not sure which I should choose, was going to purchase the GE but then noticed the full race and carbon fiber. I know power can be made with either of the three and the CF & Full Race look almost identical in design.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:44 PM
rhd

if you setup isn't 100% complete (i.e drivetrain, valve train, short block, head, fuel, suspension, body, saftey, etc..) this would be the lsat thing i'd look at if i were you.

you can make the power on an edlebrock and save money doing it. more ppl are going faster on the edlebrock than anythign else...so why not stick with it?
Old 10-31-2005, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Intake Manifold: Full Race/GE/Carbon Fiber (LSEGHATCH)

To be different lol . I know it's hard to be different while being involved with Honda's but.......w/e works : )
Old 10-31-2005, 05:56 PM
rhd

it's not about being different really...

i mean, it's about what works and not spending where it's not needed

like i said...if you're build is COMPLETELY done...and you've got the money to spend..go for one of the other mani's....it won't, by any means, hurt anything...it's just not someting that's NEEDED
Old 10-31-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: (rhd)

why do you need to be different to go fast? for the full-race or the carbon fiber, you are looking at 3X the price. That is not worth it, if you just want speed, go with the Victor X, don't waste ur money.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Da K00l Aid Mayun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Da K00l Aid Mayun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why do you need to be different to go fast? for the full-race or the carbon fiber, you are looking at 3X the price. That is not worth it, if you just want speed, go with the Victor X, don't waste ur money.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 10-31-2005, 06:38 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSEGHATCH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I know power can be made with either of the three and the CF & Full Race look almost identical in design.</TD></TR></TABLE>

there are differences that make a difference fwiw, we have a completed part at the sema show if anyone is going. give us some time to finalize a few things and then we will release them along with a complete write up.

Happy Halloween
Old 10-31-2005, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I feel where you guys are comeing from and yes I realize that I might have to go a cheaper route but when everything is said and done I would like to be able to purchase one of these manifolds.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:46 PM
rhd

i mean, do you want it purley for the "bling" factor? cause...that's the worst reason to ever by a part...you end up spending way too much money and end up making hte same power you could have made for a LOT less
Old 10-31-2005, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well i posted this to find out which is better and why, performance wise.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:30 PM
rhd

better to what degree?
i mean...power/dollar is going to be with Victor X
power wise...i don't see the full race, air, or GE doing much better than it....and evne if they did, another # of boost would make up the difference more than likely
Old 10-31-2005, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ive heard the endyn one cracks when it sees too much heat and its wicked expensive....

I like the edlebrocks
Old 11-01-2005, 05:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (D@nnY)

The carbon fiber AIR is not available anymore either due to AIR beeing swamped with military contracts or something, but Endyn has a new Alu. manifold available instead, but I don't know if anyone here has tested it yet.
Old 11-01-2005, 05:42 AM

Default Re: (Pondus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pondus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The carbon fiber AIR is not available anymore either due to AIR beeing swamped with military contracts or something, but Endyn has a new Alu. manifold available instead, but I don't know if anyone here has tested it yet.</TD></TR></TABLE>

IMHO, the GE is not even in the same league with the Endyn Air and the Full-race intake manifold. The new Endyn intake manifold look like a "half ***" copy of the Full-race. It look like they chopped the full-race and the ITR and slapped them together. If you have the money to burn, the Endyn Air "carbon fiber" would be hands down the best choice . The Full-race unit would be a vey close second place. And the GE would be a distance third place.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:21 AM

Default Re: (LSEGHATCH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSEGHATCH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well i posted this to find out which is better and why, performance wise.</TD></TR></TABLE>

They are all the same performance wise. Look at most of the people making 600,700 and more horsepower, and a lot of them are running the Victor X. The full-race and CArbon fiber are purely for bling factor when it comes to intake manifold.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:37 AM

Default Re: (Da K00l Aid Mayun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Da K00l Aid Mayun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They are all the same performance wise. Look at most of the people making 600,700 and more horsepower, and a lot of them are running the Victor X. The full-race and CArbon fiber are purely for bling factor when it comes to intake manifold.</TD></TR></TABLE>

here's Jeff Evans' dyno comparison between the AIR manifold and the Edelbrock Victor X

http://forums.evans-tuning.com...x+air

he did one with the AIR and Full-Race one as well, i'm still looking for it, but pretty much he didn't even have to change his tune, the FR manifold laid down the exact same numbers as the Endyn(AIR) unit
Old 11-01-2005, 07:49 AM
rhd

sorry, but all of his dyno's tend to favor the result he wants......I deff do NOT trust them

Brad from RLZ did a flow test of the air manifold....and, well, it pretty much flowed the same as the victor x. He also said there were some things he would change. And to think that mani went back, and they run a Victor X on their car (all motor and turbo), that says a lot too.

I can't say much for the full-race, haven't seen it tested any in person.....but, it's still going to be twice the price as the victor x..so i dont really see the need for it, other than to just say....."I've got a full race manifold"
Old 11-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Intake Manifold: Full Race/GE/Carbon Fiber (Full-Race Javier)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Full-Race Javier &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there are differences that make a difference fwiw, we have a completed part at the sema show if anyone is going. give us some time to finalize a few things and then we will release them along with a complete write up.

Happy Halloween </TD></TR></TABLE>

thank god, ive only been waiting forever
Old 11-01-2005, 10:35 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rhd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry, but all of his dyno's tend to favor the result he wants......I deff do NOT trust them

Brad from RLZ did a flow test of the air manifold....and, well, it pretty much flowed the same as the victor x. He also said there were some things he would change. And to think that mani went back, and they run a Victor X on their car (all motor and turbo), that says a lot too.

I can't say much for the full-race, haven't seen it tested any in person.....but, it's still going to be twice the price as the victor x..so i dont really see the need for it, other than to just say....."I've got a full race manifold"</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've honestly never seen Jeff do anything tricky to get results that he "wants". He's an engineer at heart and knows how things work, and he uses what he believes and proves work. Take it with a grain a salt, just trying to show some comparisons between the 2.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LostSolVTEC)

Golden Eagle Tyler..