Notices

Installed turbo kit...CAR BOGS AND DIES SECONDS AFTER START UP..HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed turbo kit...CAR BOGS AND DIES SECONDS AFTER START UP..HELP!!!!

heres the scenario...

I installed a custom turbo kit on my B20 del sol on saturday... my downpipe didnt fit so I had to drive home from the garage open turbo... never went above 1500 RPM.... didnt touch the car until monday(today) when i fired it up this morning to drive it to get a downpipe custom fitted... THe car starts with no problem but then bogs and dies after a few seconds...
It may be important to know that my rc 440 injectors didnt fit cause i need other clips...therefore they are not in yet.... the whole kit is on as well as my walboro 255 fuel pump except for my injectors and it is open turbo until i can drive it to the garage to get my downpipe... I have a chipped P75 ecu with a basemap but I cant put that in either until I get the injectors in...

All in all does anyone have any idea why i was able to drive my car fine from the garage sat morning but a few days(havent touched it since saturday) later it dies seconds after i start it.... and if it doesnt die the idle fluctuates from 1000 all the way to about 200RPM.... PLease HELP...

throwing cel 41 ( Primary Oxygen sensor heater)

Modified by brizjuan at 11:51 PM 10/10/2005
Old 10-10-2005, 08:53 AM

IT WON"T RUN DAMNIT.............

You have to put everything on first - you dont' even have your ems on? And you're wondering why it won't run........damnit - get the injectors put on, and the eMS......then try to start it........why would you want to start it anyway? Just to mess something up? Your best bet is to install everything and get it towed to get tuned right away.........can't stand people you don't get a car tuned......and expect everything to run right. A basemap is **** - thats just a calibration file that you should "start" your tuning from........
Old 10-10-2005, 08:57 AM

im getting tuned right after i get this downpipe down... I havent hit boost and I dont plan on hittin boost until it is tuned... i didnt even plan on takin it over 2000 rpm... so chill the expletive out king pin...And it ran just fine when i drove it home on sat after the install... just shifted at 1500... damn dude...
Old 10-10-2005, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (brizjuan)

was your motor running and idling fine b4 you put the turbo kit on...your car shouldn't be boggin or dying unless your ignitor or not gettin enough spark...my friend drove his boosted gsr around for 3 months...with stock injector stock ecu...never hit boost till he got his hondata and injectors...car ran like stock...just with lots of pipes routed to the intercooler what not...

so right now...your fuel mangement is completely stock and your car dies out/bog eversince the turbo kit is on
Old 10-10-2005, 10:19 AM

ya thats correct.. although i put the kit on at a friends house and was able to drive the car to my house which is about a 10 minute drive and it was flawless... suddenly i try a couple days later and its dying... car was untouched from then till now
Old 10-10-2005, 10:21 AM

thank u for the civilized response by the way Black_JDM Type R..... instead of getting ur panties in a bunch like some others...
Old 10-10-2005, 10:25 AM

bump
Old 10-10-2005, 10:30 AM

ttt
Old 10-10-2005, 01:21 PM

Bump yo!
Old 10-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (TheKingPin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheKingPin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> A basemap is **** - thats just a calibration file that you should "start" your tuning from........</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's not true. A basemap allows the car to idle so you can drive it. Your right, a basemap is a calibration file to start your tuning from, but that doesn't mean that the car would start up and die. For example, I had my car with no fuel managment with a basemap for over 2 weeks with my turbo kit on. Car ran fine and got great gas mileage. Also, A downpipe NOT on a car would not effect the car at all. Sure it would smell like ****, but it will not bog out when you start it up.

So to you.

Help briz out, hes a good guy and needs to join the darkside thumbup:
Old 10-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

are you throwing any codes?
Old 10-10-2005, 02:10 PM

peezy ur the man... BUMP
Old 10-10-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Re: (japearl)

Well since you didn't mention any CEL's I guess that's out of the question. But of course if they are some, you want to find out which it is.

And (thinking out-loud) since your running stock injectors and stock ECU, then your car should definitely still idle like stock and drive like it too (that is when staying in vacuum at all times).

So, based on the description of the symptom you've explained, you could have an ignition problem, fuel problem, or vacuum leak. Hell in all honesty it could be anything.

However the way I would tackle this situation, personally, would be to re-think the most recent things I've done to my car. Re-checking everything to make sure nothing has perhaps happened during that one drive from the garage back home. And if you cant dig up anything from a thorough search like that, then I'd say go back to the basics and make sure everything is on par (ie. check plugs/gaps, cap/rotor, timing, vac leaks, etc.)

I know you said you installed the turbo kit a few days ago, so I take it that's the last thing you have done to the car recently. So simply double check everything that was done during this installation. For instance, if you removed the stock injectors and then realized the rc's wouldn't fit so you had to reinstall the stock ones. Then I would re-check to make sure the injectors are still properly installed and aren't leaking anywhere. Just follow the same format for anything else that you might have done to the car during the turbo installation.

I know I was really of no help, but saying you have a loping idle and/or the car dies is a daily thread title now-a-days and every thread is solved differently. So your gonna need to be a bit more specific and honest if you want to get any help from this crowd.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (beeateteen)

I would check your vaccum lines as well.

Hell, I'll check them tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:50 PM

Just checked it out and im throwing cel 41 which is primary oxygen sensor heater...WTF? you were of help to me by the way man thanx for takin the time to makin such a thorough response... does anyone know wut this code means.. or why it would make my car do what it is doin...I will have to do a good check over tomorrow... i know my injectors arent leaking but maybe something is up with them... BUMP
Old 10-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (japearl)

A really bad idle or high idle would lead me to belive, based on what you explained, that you have a bad leak around the injector area. They usually recommend getting new seals/orings when you put in injectors (because they tend to rip), so try up the area, crank it for a while, then check for gas.

If you can get it run at all, hook up the boost gauge and check your idle pressure. If there is a leak, the MAP would sense the higher pressure and add more fuel for a high idle.

BTW with a turbo kit on w/o running any boost, management, etc, its just like adding a pinwheel in the exhaust and a restrictor behind the air filter.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:10 PM

I will check everything everyone stated tomorrow... Anyone else...
Old 10-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brizjuan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thank u for the civilized response by the way Black_JDM Type R..... instead of getting ur panties in a bunch like some others...</TD></TR></TABLE>

of course honda-tech known for flame wars...i been flame quiet a few times...i only post if i can do some help to someone...hopefully everything goes well with your car...it will be all worth it once u work out all the lil problems...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by japearl &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's not true. A basemap allows the car to idle so you can drive it. Your right, a basemap is a calibration file to start your tuning from, but that doesn't mean that the car would start up and die. For example, I had my car with no fuel managment with a basemap for over 2 weeks with my turbo kit on. Car ran fine and got great gas mileage. Also, A downpipe NOT on a car would not effect the car at all. Sure it would smell like ****, but it will not bog out when you start it up.

So to you.

Help briz out, hes a good guy and needs to join the darkside thumbup: </TD></TR></TABLE>

base map can mean a variety of things...someones else tune with similar setup...but should not used to since every setup is different even exact motor and exact turbo...every engine/turbo flows slightly different...in the end a base map is only a BASE map meant to take you to the dyno and tune or street tune whichever you choose...

when i was all motor i ran on a couple base map no problems at all...once i was boosted i realize tuning is really important in order for a car to run properly...longetivity
Old 10-10-2005, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brizjuan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just checked it out and im throwing cel 41 which is primary oxygen sensor heater...WTF? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe you should take your chipped ECU and install that. Burn yourself a stock .bin with the O2 sensor disabled.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:09 PM

bump
Old 10-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Black_JDM Type R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Black_JDM Type R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in the end a base map is only a BASE map meant to take you to the dyno and tune or street tune whichever you choose...</TD></TR></TABLE>

agreed
Old 10-11-2005, 12:24 PM

FIXED.... fuel pressure was way too high after fuel pump was installed... Thanx to all who tried to help me out...