Notices

Innovate Wideband Troubles..

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Innovate Wideband Troubles..

Alright guys... I was puttin my wideband back in my car and I ran into a little problem...

I had the wideband without the gauge that I used last year and it worked great...

This year, I decided to spend the money and get the gauge..
got it from a friend that ordered the whole kit with the gauge for a customer of his... the customer didnt end up wanting the gauge, so he sold it to me.....

Went to install the gauge and the gauge has 2 female connectors on it, as well as a power and ground wire...

now, heres the problem... the other end of my wideband is also both female ends... the only thing that is male is the serial connection that plugs in for the laptop...

someone wanna shed some light on my situation here, why would the gauge and wideband itself just have female ends?
Old 06-25-2007, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Innovate Wideband Troubles.. (Topdawgg)

I'm about to install a innovate wideband on my car, but I can't seem to find any info on the placement of the sensor. How far away do i place the sensor from the turbine wheel???? please help me out asap..
Old 06-25-2007, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Innovate Wideband Troubles.. (Topdawgg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Topdawgg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Went to install the gauge and the gauge has 2 female connectors on it, as well as a power and ground wire...

now, heres the problem... the other end of my wideband is also both female ends... the only thing that is male is the serial connection that plugs in for the laptop...

someone wanna shed some light on my situation here, why would the gauge and wideband itself just have female ends?</TD></TR></TABLE>

from the XD-16 instructions:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by innovate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If connecting to an LC-1 or LMA-3, connect the male 2.5mm Stereo to male 2.5mm Stereo cable between the
Serial OUT port of the LC-1 or the Serial OUT of the LMA-3 to the Serial IN port of the XD-16.</TD></TR></TABLE>

not sure which gauge you have, but you should have a male to male stereo calbe to connect in between...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by honda400ex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm about to install a innovate wideband on my car, but I can't seem to find any info on the placement of the sensor. How far away do i place the sensor from the turbine wheel???? please help me out asap..</TD></TR></TABLE>

put the sensor at the end of your downpipe, right before the cat... look on innovates site for more details....

Old 06-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Innovate Wideband Troubles.. (fastcrxsi90)

i had the same problem. bought the kit used and it didn't come with the male-to-male connector. so i went to radio shack, bought 2 2.5mm-4mm male-to-female reducers, and like a 2' cable with male 4mm ends. hooked the 3 of them together, and hooked the OUT of the LC-1 to teh IN of the XD-16. cost about $10

then the terminator plug goes in the IN of the LC-1
Old 06-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just got back from 4 different stores walking around with the gauge in hand... nobody had the proper sized male to male...

went to Source, which bought radio shack... and they didnt have anything
Old 06-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Innovate Wideband Troubles.. (fastcrxsi90)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by honda400ex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm about to install a innovate wideband on my car, but I can't seem to find any info on the placement of the sensor. How far away do i place the sensor from the turbine wheel???? please help me out asap..</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fastcrxsi90 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">put the sensor at the end of your downpipe, right before the cat... look on innovates site for more details....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Be sure not to have the sensor flat meaning straight left to right. It needs to be angled up a few degrees. IF you leave it flat condensation moisture can cause the sensor to fail prematurly. Thats per innovative. i just installed my innovative wideband last week. I already had my aem widband in on an angle but never knew about it till i read in innovative instructions

Def put it at teh end of DP before the cat if your runnign one. Putting it to clse to the turbo there is exsessive heat and will also damage the sensor. I believe rule of thumb is between 18-28 inches away from the turbine. someone correct me on that if im wrong
Old 06-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Topdawgg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Topdawgg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just got back from 4 different stores walking around with the gauge in hand... nobody had the proper sized male to male...

went to Source, which bought radio shack... and they didnt have anything</TD></TR></TABLE>

i know i did the same exact thing; no one carried the 2.5mm male connectors.
thats why you need the reducer connectors like i said.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (esedulerp5tenin)

ohhh ok... didnt read it well enough
Old 06-25-2007, 01:37 PM

ive had 3 lc-1's go out on me, not the sensors the boxes keep burning out every 4 months or so.. anyone else have this problem &gt;?
Old 06-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (THEDirtyDseriesWOOT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THEDirtyDseriesWOOT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ive had 3 lc-1's go out on me, not the sensors the boxes keep burning out every 4 months or so.. anyone else have this problem &gt;?</TD></TR></TABLE>

something on mine just died, and i'm pretty sure its the LC-1. i'm getting an error #9 and 2. altho i did buy it used, it was only running on my car for 2 weeks. lameeeee
Old 06-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (esedulerp5tenin)

Innovate makes a nice product. Check out what an error code 9 is and you will see it is on your end!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by esedulerp5tenin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
something on mine just died, and i'm pretty sure its the LC-1. i'm getting an error #9 and 2. altho i did buy it used, it was only running on my car for 2 weeks. lameeeee</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Alfa Turbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Alfa Turbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Innovate makes a nice product. Check out what an error code 9 is and you will see it is on your end!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

error 9 isn't as big of a problem as 2 is. i checked all the wires and now i'm ONLY getting error 2
Old 06-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My LC-1 doesnt throw any error codes it just recalibrates it self all the time as i drive. pos
Old 06-27-2007, 01:11 PM

Default Re: (akira712)

My freind had the same problems with his unit, finally just bought a PLX.