Notices

Inlinepro manifold w/ Tial WG clearance FINAL ANSWER? Need suggestions & pics...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inlinepro manifold w/ Tial WG clearance FINAL ANSWER? Need suggestions & pics...

Yes, I have searched, Yes this topic has been covered a million times, but I have yet to find a thread that shows a clear cut answer. Everyone always says, " just get a 90 degree elbow " Well, i got the elbow, and every which way i mount it, the WG placement is not feasible. Only one way works, but it leaves almost no room for a dumptube, and besides that, now the sideport on the WG comes close to the hood, and will probably spiderweb when the engine moves.

So can someone tell me, or better yet show me... if you have installed a 90 degree fitting on top that actually clears the hood. OR Has anyone shaved the top of the tial fitting (maybe 2-3cm) and then cut their under skeleton with success?

OR Can i rotate the WG housing so that the sideport doesn't hit?

Does anyone have pics of your Inlinepro manifold with the tial WG mounted on an elbow? sorry for all the questions, but this is the stupidest problem, and i'm looking for the simplest solution that someone has already performed.

Old 04-26-2004, 07:53 PM

Use a small brass nipple, similar to what is on the compressor housing of the Precision turbos. You can find them at any hardware store. Then you wont need the elbow and it will clear the hood.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Inlinepro manifold w/ Tial WG clearance FINAL ANSWER? Need suggestions & pics... (TRUST8383)

Looks like you got a shitty elbow that wasn't indexed correctly for your application. Get a different one that wont give you problems.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Inlinepro manifold w/ Tial WG clearance FINAL ANSWER? Need suggestions & pics... (Justin Olson)

try flipping the elbow around while keeping the wastegate where it is, notice the flanges are offset maybe the other way will work better for you
Old 04-26-2004, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Inlinepro manifold w/ Tial WG clearance FINAL ANSWER? Need suggestions & pics... (R@mon)

The entire upper spring housing can be clocked to move the nipple and clear your hood, very simple. just take the wg apart and clock it.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Inlinepro manifold w/ Tial WG clearance FINAL ANSWER? Need suggestions & pics... (Chamois)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chamois &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The entire upper spring housing can be clocked to move the nipple and clear your hood, very simple. just take the wg apart and clock it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks guys for the quick response. I was actually going to try clocking the wg, but I still have very little room for the dumptube. I will try using the barb fitting off the compressor of my turbo and see if that works, like SilverBeast suggested. If it works, i'll take pics...if not, clock the dam thing
Old 04-27-2004, 04:06 AM

Default Re: Inlinepro manifold w/ Tial WG clearance FINAL ANSWER? Need suggestions & pics... (R@mon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by R@mon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">try flipping the elbow around while keeping the wastegate where it is, notice the flanges are offset maybe the other way will work better for you</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-27-2004, 04:24 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Inlinepro manifold w/ Tial WG clearance FINAL ANSWER? Need suggestions & pics... (TRUST8383)

my tial wg didnt clear the hood w/ my drag manifold, so i took the car to inline pro in springfield and they came up w/ this..

i think if you were to get a better angle on the elbow it would work out good for you or try to turn it the way mine is.. away from the radiator
Old 04-27-2004, 07:52 AM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=846473
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=736556

I had the same problem. The elbos suck, they put the wastegate so close to the manifold you cant put a dumptube in. It solves one problem and makes another, way to engineer a solution!
Old 04-27-2004, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

your second pic looks kinda like mine, except mine is facing towards driver side, and dumptube goes to the left of return line.. only other difference is my elbow is a bit extended to the side..
Old 04-27-2004, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Inlinepro manifold w/ Tial WG clearance FINAL ANSWER? Need suggestions & pics... (vtec.dc2)

thanks everyone for the input. I got it to work. I used the 90 degree brass fitting on top and trimmed out the under skeleton of my hood, "clocked" the WG and it clears with a good 1-2mm to spare, hehe.

I guess, if i had a drag manifold, this elbow would have worked. Oh well, anyone need an elbow for your drag setup? pm me.

Jon.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:53 PM

I guess the Tial 38mm is a lot larger than I picture it, which means i'm probably going to need an elbow for it right? LS in a CRX
Old 04-27-2004, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

uh oh looks like someones getting ready for some boost
Old 04-27-2004, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Inlinepro manifold w/ Tial WG clearance FINAL ANSWER? Need suggestions & pics... (Mase)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">uh oh looks like someones getting ready for some boost </TD></TR></TABLE>

muhahah, steve, You're gonna have to pencil me in soon !
Old 04-27-2004, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That elbow doesn't look like it was made for an inlinepro manifold...here's a pic of dump/elbow i had put together for a member ( Peter K's cousin did the welding, they look HOT )......look at the difference in the angle of the bottom tial flange of the elbow. It angles the wastegate almost parallel with the engine so you can just run a straight dumptube.

Old 04-27-2004, 09:42 PM
the son and the heir

Default Re: Inlinepro manifold w/ Tial WG clearance FINAL ANSWER? Need suggestions & pics... (B18Flip)

Beautiful welds.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Inlinepro manifold w/ Tial WG clearance FINAL ANSWER? Need suggestions & pics... (macrosshn)

Here's a pic of how mine is mounted....even w/o the fitting on the top, the tial still hits my hood (black marks on the top of the tial). So i put in a stainless elbow

Old 04-29-2004, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Inlinepro manifold w/ Tial WG clearance FINAL ANSWER? Need suggestions & pics... (B18Flip)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18Flip &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here's a pic of how mine is mounted....even w/o the fitting on the top, the tial still hits my hood (black marks on the top of the tial). So i put in a stainless elbow

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good work brotha--- good to see you got all of your shizzle done!
Old 04-29-2004, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Inlinepro manifold w/ Tial WG clearance FINAL ANSWER? Need suggestions & pics... (integranator)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integranator &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Good work brotha--- good to see you got all of your shizzle done!</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah man its about time LOL. Any news on the new setup?