Notices

Inline Pro or Spoolin Performance turbo manifolds.....which one is more reliable????

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 07:36 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inline Pro or Spoolin Performance turbo manifolds.....which one is more reliable????

LIke the title says, I'm buying my turbo manifld next week so that I can start putting together my own kit. I want to keep the A/C and PS on my 97 Integra GSR. So far I know I want to go with a T3/T4 50 trim turbo. I only plan to go after 300-320 whp. So I've narrowed it down to the Inline Pro turbo manifold and the Spoolin Performance log manifold.

My question has to do with reliability issues. Has anyone used the Spoolin Performance log manifold? How good are they when it comes to boost creep? Are they prone to cracking?

I know a lot of people use the Inline Pro manifold, but for the price, the Spoolin Performance one does not seem that bad. I just don't want to spend my money on something that will give me problems down the line.

Please vote below and if u have any commentary or advice, please let me know..thanks.

P.S. Should I get the 4-bolt or 5-bolt manifold?

Old 12-13-2005, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Inline Pro or Spoolin Performance turbo manifolds.....which one is more reliable???? (Mugen-DC2)

I don't think you can really go wrong with either. I've never heard of anyone cracking their inline pro mani, and the welds speak for themselves for spoolin performance.
projectdc2 was really helpful when answering my questions about his products, and for the price, he'll be getting a big order from me in the new year at some time. Offers a year warranty on all this stuff too?...there's ur free sales pitch

Inline pro is around $400ish? and the spoolin' log is $295 i think?

I have seen some 500+ hp runs with inline pro, nothing yet with spoolin'
Old 12-13-2005, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Inline Pro or Spoolin Performance turbo manifolds.....which one is more reliable???? (96BLkGSR)

I have an order from Spoolin Performance that should be coming in pretty soon. I ordered a B-series log manifold, downpipe, and dumptube package. I'm really impressed with his quality of welding and have never heard one bad thing about his customer service. He's kept me updated on how my order is coming, even though he's been really busy with trying to move into a new shop. Also, I've never heard of anyone having any problems with his manifolds cracking. All his products are guaranteed for life. If anything happens within the first year, he will pay for shipping back and forth. After a year, he will still fix it for free but you have to cover shipping. THat's one hell of a guarantee!
And like he once said: "A lifetime guarantee doesn't mean anything if the company is out of business!" He's been here 3 years strong.

Spoolin Performance -->
Old 12-13-2005, 08:28 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spoolin has some nice stuff and Phil responds quickly.....i have the same goals as you....300whp or so and i'm going w/ the Spoolin Log and DP, dumptube, IC piping, clutch and oil lines.....he has some good deals if you ask him....
Old 12-13-2005, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Inline Pro or Spoolin Performance turbo manifolds.....which one is more reliable???? (Mugen-DC2)

Can't go wrong with Inlinepro. 9's pass world fastest street class integra
10.40's street class turbo gsr. Last year the wolrd fastest S2000 street tires and......nice advertise
Old 12-13-2005, 09:01 AM

id go with phil, awesome customer service picked up the phone everytime i called and great products
Old 12-13-2005, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i use one of phils manifolds, he is a hell of a welder/designer/fabricator and will work with you. hes fast to reply and has great service and shipping.

Old 12-13-2005, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well, if you go with spoolin, it'll be easy to reach phil on HT if you have any problems. that's always a plus +++++

inline pro seems to be very popular too.

i haven't tested any of them, so i can't say anything really. but phil has given me good customer service too. so he's a good person to work with. just my 2 cents.

btw, i like 5 bolt exhaust turbos or vbands
Old 12-13-2005, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i got an inline pro

It fits perfect and is easy to install/remove

The quality is awesome and it performs great! If you don't want to fork out 400+, buy a used one! i got mine used for like 300
Old 12-13-2005, 10:47 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (Sketch_hs)

I plan on getting spooling performance's. Plus when you think about it, if you do happen to have problems, there is probably a better chance of getting your problem resolved than if you have to deal with a larger company.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: (GetawayInMoscow)

i guess times like these its nice to be appreciated

IMO both manifolds are built well. if you get the 5 bolt turbo get the 5 bolt manifold. if you get the 4 bolt. get the 4 bolt. they're flanged/built differently to accomodate the difference in flange angles/mounting

other than that. goodluck with whichever manifold/setup you choose.

Modified by project dc2 at 7:33 PM 12/13/2005
Old 12-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (project dc2)

I am on the same boat. Does anyone know if the inline pro has any sort of collector ? or it it like a log manifold inside?
Old 12-13-2005, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (3_South)

INline Pro.

500 whp + Proven
3" down pipe very easy
A/C easy.
Great boost control ( WG placement)
Never heard or seen one crack ( Sold and installed 100s)

Old 12-13-2005, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CRVRX)

bump for more info ! anyone know of any package deals for inlinepro ???? so far im leaning towards Spoolinperformance !!!

SpoolinPerformance Log Manifold Package deal ( B and D series only) $575 shipped
-Manifold
-2.5 A/C or non A/C Downpipe ( available for 4 or 5 bolt turbos please specify when ordering)
-One o2 bung
-1.5 Dumptube
- HIGH QUALITY Flex pipe ( not ebay like other vendors)
-10MM stud kit with copper locking nuts provided
-12 8MM copper locking nuts provided for use on manifold to head mounting ( no more backing out!)
(for OBD II vehicles. 8MM studs are available for sale 12$ for a set if needed for manifold to head mounting)
- SpoolinPerformance T-shirt ( L, XL)

Old 12-13-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: (zeroracerh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zeroracerh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bump for more info ! anyone know of any package deals for inlinepro ???? so far im leaning towards Spoolinperformance !!!

SpoolinPerformance Log Manifold Package deal ( B and D series only) $575 shipped
-Manifold
-2.5 A/C or non A/C Downpipe ( available for 4 or 5 bolt turbos please specify when ordering)
-One o2 bung
-1.5 Dumptube
- HIGH QUALITY Flex pipe ( not ebay like other vendors)
-10MM stud kit with copper locking nuts provided
-12 8MM copper locking nuts provided for use on manifold to head mounting ( no more backing out!)
(for OBD II vehicles. 8MM studs are available for sale 12$ for a set if needed for manifold to head mounting)
- SpoolinPerformance T-shirt ( L, XL)

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just ordered my Package from him he will help you out any way he can, great guy
Old 12-13-2005, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gsr2000)

Phil's the man
Old 12-14-2005, 05:22 AM

Default Re: (GiNuWiNe)

Phil is definitely the man. I just got all my Spoolin stuff back from powdercoat and now they look absolutely beautiful along with already fitting well. I will post up pics soon.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:29 AM
Trial User

well, guys, seems like i'll be with the Spoolin Performance manifold.thanX!
Old 12-14-2005, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mugen-DC2)

Personally I think you should go with InlinePro, but I am biased. The manifolds have a lifetime warranty against cracks so if you are worried about that there you go. just call stan at the shop the number is 703-455-5805 ask about some deals.
Hope that helps.
Mat Keller
Old 12-14-2005, 09:50 AM

Default Re: (matkeller)

theres many options out there. reason why everyone goes with me is
1- price
2- fitment, reliability, most of all OPTIONS
3- im not just another vendor here lookin to make a quick buck off honda-tech ive BEEN here and i plan on staying.
4. I give back to the community unlike other people i know on here that just sell but dont help out with informing people/setting them on the right route.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (project dc2)

I think that the InlinePro Manifold and the Spoolin manifold are like comparing apples to oranges.
The InlinePro manifold has been in production since 2001. Our manifolds are not log links welded together on a flange, they are casted one-piece units.
1.Reliability- I have had the same stainless steel manifold on my Integra race car since 2003, my car makes over 800WHP, and before that the same manifold was on our Pro-car since 2001. No signs of cracking or any other problems and the same one will be on my car next season. That is about as reliable as you can get.
2.Price-My thought on this is you get what you pay for. InlinePro has a lifetime warranty and i bet you will never have to use it. We have never had to warranty a manifold for any reason, the cast iron or the cast stainless steel.
3.Fitment-Options The manifold was designed for performance, reliabilty and the mechanic in mind, plenty of room between the runners for the dipstick and your tools. We produce polished stainless steel one-piece downpipes and dumptubes. We also produce polished aluminum one-piece bead rolled chargepipes, blow off valves, fuel rails, etc. etc. all for your Honda or Acura needs.
4.Right now it might not seem that InlinePro has a strong presence on Honda-Tech but hopefully soon we will be advertising our products. You can always find current specials at InlinePro.com.
5.We have been in business for over 9 years now, and we have done our homework on various Honda and Acura combinations and setups so the customer doesnt have to. With all of our experience we always lead the customer in the right direction the first time.
6.I am not trying to get into a pissing match of words with a competing company, but this is what we offer and we stand behind our products and workmanship, which is proven time and time again be it on the track or on the street.
If you have any questions or concerns I am the lead technician at InlinePro (for the past 5 years) you can always contact the shop for anything.
Good Luck with what ever route you decide.
Mat Keller

Old 12-15-2005, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (matkeller)

Inlinepro
Old 12-15-2005, 09:11 AM

Default Re: (BryanD6200)

cant go wrong with either, my vote is for Spoolin, responded to all my annoying pms lol
Old 12-15-2005, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SohcPower)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SohcPower &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">cant go wrong with either, my vote is for Spoolin, responded to all my annoying pms lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

thought u sold ur setup?
Old 12-15-2005, 09:49 AM

Default Re: (96BLkGSR)

nope, just the pistons getting forged ones instead of the vitaras.

Quick Reply: Inline Pro or Spoolin Performance turbo manifolds.....which one is more reliable????