Notices

Injectors seem to be cutting out sporatically under light load?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 12:32 AM
Paragraph Alert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Injectors seem to be cutting out sporatically under light load?

Took my hatch to the track today for the first time and gave it a pretty good thrashing (about 15 runs or so). It ran pretty decent (13.4@114mph) being as it's a stock B18B with your basic T3/T4 setup.

The car has the hondata blue box but I'm currenlty running an uberdata rom in my ECU. After I decided to up the boost a touch I didn't have access to a hondata tuned so I decided to do it myself.

Anyway on the way home from the track the car would sporatically cut in and out under very mild load such as steady cruising or just barely letting off the throttle. Resuming throttle would cause the car to stumble for a split second then fire right back up. My wideband was spiking lean when this occured so I assume the injectors were/are cutting out. After a minute or so of this it would stop and the car would drive fine. About 2hrs later it did it again for another minute or so and once again cleared itself up. Full throttle is fine, well except on one 5th gear pulled where the car seemed to break up a bit towards redline, but I think that's just the rich tune and old plugs.

My hondata blue box is now flashing it's red light which I've never seen it do before. Is this telling me something? I've had the blue box attached running an uberdata rom for some time so if it was some sort of interference it sure would be weird showing up after a few months.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-17-2005, 07:06 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

My guess would be the fact that you're running an Uberdata ROM with the Hondata box. I don't think the two play nicely. This is most likely your problem since your box is flashing.

Have you checked your plugs? Sounds like you could have them gapped too large.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what version uberdata? GO to the site and check it out. There is a fuel cut value you can set, might be the problem, many people have had this kind of problem.

I am not 100 percent sure what the interface box does, i know it just makes you capable of running a hondata rom. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't still work on the uber rom. ?